Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=194eb1121da590c34b401ed6ae84be58Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

The All English Thread (just for you mookie)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave -> Nordic Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
transferred ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Wow.  Sweden is different than here.  You throw on a costume here with a few people and everyone stops to take pictures.  Well not everybody.

But it will still be fun.  I can see it now.

"Mookie - Costuming in 3 countries"  Hmm if I jump across to Denmark I can make it 4! 

Mookie

Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

That's the thing when SW isn't as big here as in America. People recognise a Vader or a jedi, you have big problem getting recognised as Padme though, if you go outside of the hard core fanbase.
transferred ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Ah well.  Obi Anne is a smash in Sweden.  I'll walk around thinking you're a superstar.  And all the other SW Swedes!

Mookie

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Thanks.  Anyway, now I'm back after a hard weekend of midsummer-celebrations, to bad the the rain was pouring down all midsummer's eve, so we had to stay indoors most of the time.
Vargman (Vargman Bjärsborn)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Our midsummer party was just perfect.. not a simple drip of rain or wind...

Just perfect... Smile

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Yeah, I heard that Gothenburg was possibly the only place with decent weather in Sweden this weekend.
transferred ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:38 am    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

What's a midsummer celebration? Sounds like Queen's day in Amsterdam.

Mookie
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Midsummer is celebrated the Friday closest to the 24th of June (originally it was celebrated on the 24th no matter what weekday) It originates from some pre-christian celebration of the Solstice. Up where I live you dress in your local traditional costume, play a lot of folk music and then in the afternoon you errect the Maypole (which looks like a cross but is decorated with flowers and leaves, and other things depending on which village you are in). Then you dance around it and have fun. More traditional folkdancing is usual, but today the most popular dance is a kids dance where everybody is jumping aroudn like little frogs. Usually you have parties in the evenings and go out barndancing.

Also if you are a girl you should collect 7 different flowers and place them under your pillow, and then you will dream about your future husband in the night.

transferred ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

I'll skip the flowers under the pillow thing Wink and get right to the frog dancing!!! WOOWOO.

That sounds awesome to go through.  I now know when to visit!

Mookie

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Yes, definetly!!!! And if you come I can also give you a free tour of the copper mine!
Vargman (Vargman Bjärsborn)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

And of course we can show you the famous (infamous?) "little frogs-dance"..

(Then you understand that Star Wars freaks are not the only crazy ones in Sweden) Wink

transferred ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

I'm all up for that!!! Well I think I am. It'll be one cool party regardless.

Mookie
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Just imagine a couple of jedi jumping around like frogs, it's even worth getting a jedi costume for that.
transferred ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:05 am    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Heck I'd do that in my underwear if the music was good enough.

Mookie
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Well that is one thing that could be discussed, the quality of the music.

anyway, now I've finally started on my "real" picnic-dress, hopefully I will have the corset done some time in the autumn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave -> Nordic Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: