About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0a2047ba392e13ff68f6abd8fc422d37Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Con Tote Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Con Tote Idea Reply with quote

While talking with my our new XO Fred Parsons he compiled a list on what would be I believe is an awesome ideal. This con tote will have things to help out at cons and other events. If any member wants to help out with this these are the items we need please say what you will get and mail them to me. Just IM me for my address.

thanks guys
alex

Items needed for Con Tote

Banner
Swag
Props
Flyers
Handouts
Table covering (something with a space background)
Bunness cards
A notebook like "Dressing a Rebellion"
PVC Dummy
Duck Tape
A sewing repair kit
A notebook with list of what is in the tote, idea how to set the table
Pens
Notepads
A notebook with the Newsletters
Scapebook of past events
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay have the fliers and the duct tape and business cards made. However, will have to make new ones soon or maybe just write in the changes on them that way i am not out of money. I will be having 60 of the acitivity books made for adventurecon. If people want to help out let us know what you plan on briging. we do need props and if you are bringing props let us know what they are and make sure you have a card that saids for example if its a force fx saber.

Saber is borrowed from the personal collection of Alex McKeel
if have enough time I will make cards saying donated by member a and or member b.

thanks
alex
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark Wolf (Fred C. Parsons III)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it would be a good idea to break the list down so people can understand what this Con Tote is about.

Banner
Go with a Standard RL one and look at making one for our base.

Swag
For example look at a 501st table

Props
Like blasters, lightsabers, Jedi Comlinks, and etc… I would like for member if they could give the base some and the base would put on it who made it on the prop. If not do the standard now, we all bring some lay it out on the table and take them home after it is over.

Flyers/ Handouts/ Card
Well burn these on CD in PDF format. IF they need to get some more made.

Table Covering
We might look at the cheap mark down rack and make it for the standard con fan table size.

Duck Tape/ Sewing Kit/ Pens/ Notepads
Do I have explain these?

Scrapbook Idea
I was thinking about the sheets being 8 1/2 x 11. I know most people do not see this a size of a scrapbook. But I am thinking about cost, repair, and moving it.

The notebook itself will run about $10 USD for a D-rind heavy duty one. The sheet protections will run about $12 USD for 100 sheets. The paper will cost about $6 USD for 50, I think.

The start up cost will be about $32 USD, minus the tools, markers and etc…

I would like some input please.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many binders and have plenty of sharpees so i can help with that and get some pens and other things but guys come on lets organized here. We can be a great base we have great members so we can make it one awesome base in the corellian base.

as soon as the website our first duty will be doing a concensus.

take care
alex
Jaryk Lyghtsyder (Keith Wild)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good idea

I have folders,sharpies,note books(if needed) and I'm sure I can comeup with a few other things to
mxpxrobbie (Robbie Amburgey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool... Having some computer problems at the moment, but I hope to get the new site up soon.. Here's a little preview:

Of course there will be headings with news, etc... This is just a mock up I did to gauge interest.
Vesper2112 (Jeff Hickey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our local sci-fi group (Chattooine) has done this before, but have a laptop run some nice rebel related clips from the movies. Mix in some event pics and maybe spotlight some props (maybe diagram a few?). It makes for a nice visual at a table.

Edit: Orion called and had some questions regarding this, so maybe it didn't come out right. This would be for the con-tote thought. Sure, someone would have to bring a portable dvd player (with a screen) or a laptop, but the DVD would be similar to the scrap book. With digital pictures more the norm, I thought it might be easier to put a digital scrap book together and add film clips to give the table something people might stop and watch a while. Very Happy

Last edited by Vesper2112 (Jeff Hickey) on Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Darzu (Bob Huff)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orion knight-star wrote:
I will be having 60 of the acitivity books made for adventurecon.

What are these activity books? If it's something as simple as a bi-fold booklet I can do it for free. I have a high end copier that will fold and staple them for us.
Agent Kenobi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bor Yegrubma wrote:
Cool... Having some computer problems at the moment, but I hope to get the new site up soon.. Here's a little preview:

Of course there will be headings with news, etc... This is just a mock up I did to gauge interest.

Nice start!!!

I'm starting an event tote for the AL crew next week. I'll post some updates and pics once I get it started.
Dark Wolf (Fred C. Parsons III)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="I'm starting an event tote for the AL crew next week. I'll post some updates and pics once I get it started.[/quote]

This is some good news. I would like to see your list of stuff you are putting in it.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ideal about making a dvd with some photos and music behind it. Okay members this is an area where we need photos. If you have photos of events of base members in costume please send put them on flickr or photo bucket. we need to make a great dvd.

Thanks
alex
Vesper2112 (Jeff Hickey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything I've got is here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Vesper2112/

I'm sure there's something usable here somewhere... Razz It seems every time I wear the jedi, I seem to avoid the cameras. Mad I'd like to say it was all jedi-intentional, but sadly... no. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vesper I have some photos of you in jedi costume sadly its not when you were attacking some ofthe kids when they challenge you at the spring carnival. We will make some of you I swear on my lightsaber collection we will.
Vesper2112 (Jeff Hickey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... Maybe I'll have to start being all intentional now if your lightsaber collection is on the line. Laughing

OK, ok... back on track (ya hijackers)

Con Tote: Great idea. I imagine props may be whatever people can bring with them rather than be dedicated props for the tote. Still... it's a great reason to think about what kind of props we'd like to have and go from there. Maybe it'll spark that creative itch to build some stuff.
Jaryk Lyghtsyder (Keith Wild)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea this a good idea & Vesper is right maybe this will get the creative juices flowing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: