About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3e021515b14459f9d8675dc631731604Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

South Paw Han

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marlo Dusklighter (William Wilson)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: South Paw Han Reply with quote

I am left-handed. Is it O.K. for me to construct a left-handed holster and DL-44 (scope on the other side)?
Pete Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: South Paw Han Reply with quote

I don't see why not. In ANH in the Rebel Hanger the scene was in reverse so Han's blaster is on the left. So, I'd say that's cannon.

I am the basis for the World's Most Interesting Man commercials by Dos Equis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal opinion, it would look weird.

A Hero costume is a hero costume and should resemble the hero at all costs.

It would be like having a 5'2" Chewie or a 7 foot tall Ewok or a Male Padme (or a White Lando, but we do have those).

But that's just me.

- Lao-Jon Yung, Jedi Knight
- Lt Jak "Novahawk" Hunter, X-wing pilot and A-wing pilot Warhawk Squadron
- Sgt Zev Youngblood, Rebel Commando
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rando Mextra (Mark Bradley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as RL acceptance, I don't see that a left-handed Solo as any more of a problem then someone who looks nothing like H. Ford in the face.

For MY personal preference, I'm with Lao-Jon Yung; if I was portraying a certain character (and not just a Solo-like smuggler), I would keep it on the right. I'm just about to complete costume with a similar problem- the character in the movie carries his blaster/holster on his left hip, yet I am right handed. I'm going to put it on the left where it belongs and just deal with it. The blaster will be holstered most of the time anyway.

On the other hand, a reversed blaster and holster would be an interesting project. If YOU want to do it as a creative endeavor, go for it! Don't let anyone else decide for you.

Mark
Felgercarb (David Hayes)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm left handed as well but my holster and blaster are set up right handed....I agree that it would be better to keep these things as accurate as possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: