Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f7ff7dca1686daa13f6ae886bc423ff4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MWB-IL-BD Party for City of Hope -3-29-08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: MWB-IL-BD Party for City of Hope -3-29-08 Reply with quote

Preparing the Padawans for the arrival of the Dark Lord:

Chaos as Lord Vader, Boba Fett and TK2632 arrive:

They are "in the building":

and...
let the games begin:

A request came through the 501st main boards for just a SL and TK for a Birthday party for three little Star Wars fans - all boys-one older brother and his two younger brothers who are twins. Their birthdays are within a few days of each other.

What a treat for these kids when the got the full treatment with Darth Vader, TK2632, Boba Fett and a Jedi (the attraction of the Jedi is of course..she brought LOTS of lightsabers).

We went over the plans with the dad and he took with him the box of games and Rich and my camera.

I arrived first in Jedi and armed the three birthday boys with one of my FX sabers and told them that Vader and his henchmen had followed me across the Galaxy - Yoda had sent me to them because they were strong in the force. With the Birthday boys and me in the front and the rest of the kids behind us waiting for the arrival of the Imperials they came.
There was lots of screams of delight and some crying as Rich, Scott and Rudy arrived.

We retired to the family room to play a few games. First up was the target shoot. The kids were lined up in the Imperial team and the Rebel team. I brought my Imperial hat for the Imperials to wear as they shot at the Rebel target and I brought my Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet for the Rebels to wear as they shot at the Imperial target. The Imperial team won the Target shoot....hmmmm....I wonder if Lord Vader was giving his team an advantage using the Force. I would have enhanced the Rebel team with the force...but I was busy running back and forth between the teams....lol.

We then had the entire group sit on the floor as Boba Fett removed a thermal detonator from one of his pockets...and the "Hot Thermal Detonator" game was then put into motion. I manned the cd player with my back to the game so I couldn't see who had the detonator when I would hit the pause button...but I could hear all of the laughing and giggling as the game went on. A simple little game...but always fun!

After the games...the lightsabers came out and we posed for some photos.

A donation was made to City of Hope for our appearance:
http://www.cityofhope.org/home.htm

Participants:
SL1781 - Rich Markle
TK2632 - Scott Hicks
BH3620 - Rudy Grasha
RJ695/TK1951 - Jedi Scum - Phyllis Schulte

Lots-o-photos:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/Mokena%20BD%20Party%203-29-08/?start=0

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: