About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8bad57f36db02e26450dcf3a707ea0adMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Canadian Squadron Name Suggestions...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with a stereotype! Wink I think as Canadians in general we have pretty much embraced that. Its partly why seeing Buffalo get a blizzard and not us is such a thrill! Its also part of the reason we are looking into the Snowspeeder.

There is no reason you have to winterise your Pilot costume either, it has less to do with costuming than it has to do with a cool name and imagery for the base.

As for the poll, I have no problem with that, but I thought we were going to wait and see what the rest of the base thought after the Base Controls were activated. As of right now I do not have a sure fire way to email everyone yet. I can set up the poll if you want.

As for Brin I am told the account is activated and can login whenever they decide to.

Marie, I am glad you like the names suggested so far! Most of what you say is how I feel as well.

Flying Ducks indeed! What if we modified this patch for it Wink

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marianne Solav (Marie-Claude Dion)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v736/Marianne_Solav/?
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost might as well go with Mighty Ducks if we went that way... lol
Woofer (John H. VanOphem)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have I mentioned lately that Disney is Pure Evil?

"This is Major Wes Janson, and if you're not aware of his exploits, I'm sure he'll be delighted to give you the whole story."
― Wedge Antilles
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... here's a fresh suggestion for us... since some do not like the Cold... I didn't see it's use here or elsewhere...

Twin Suns Squadron...

This is from the EU... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twin_Suns_Squadron

Quote:
Twin Suns Squadron was an elite fighter unit created during New Republic occupation of Borleias during the Yuuzhan Vong War. Created by Luke Skywalker and named after his homeworld Tatooine, command was given over to Jaina Solo, who led the squadron to successful campaigns at Borleias, Galantos, and Bakura. It primarily consisted of XJ X-wing starfighters, and second-in-command Jagged Fel's Chiss clawcraft.

After the Yuuzhan Vong War, Twin Suns Squadron was decommissioned, but Luke Skywalker often gave the designation to ad hoc squadrons assembled for various single missions.

I think it's pretty good... perhaps even the Son of the Suns might like it... Wink ... and it has a Naboo connection (Via Padme)...
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND to completely be a downer here...

Disney stuff - not eligible per RLSC Charter - ARTICLE VI, REGs 4B-4C
Quote:
REGULATION 4B – Nomenclature & Sources
Use of items, names and symbols by the Squadron from within the Star Wars universe are allowed and encouraged. Use of items and symbols found in the real world, but not mentioned in the Star Wars universe can also be considered for Unit Designations and crests, as long as the use of this material does not violate any other trademark or copyright (i.e. Nike’s “Swoosh”, etc.) or ARTICLE VI/REGULATION 4A of the RLSC Charter.

REGULATION 4C – Copywrited Material
Use of images from other copywrited material (other than LFL material) is prohibited. The latitude given to the Rebel Legion by LFL is not universally shared by all entities. However, if a copywrited image has been altered enough so that it's not immediately identifiable as belonging to another company, entity or genre, then it may be considered.

Twin Suns - not eligible per RLSC Charter - - ARTICLE VI, REGs 4A
Quote:
REGULATION 4A – Unit Designation & Crest
Each Squadron must have a unique Unit Designation (Squadron name) in order to apply for Squadron formation. Base Squadron names and logos should fit within provable Star Wars nomenclature and graphical elements. The names of the following Squadron Unit Designations (SUD) are restricted by virtue of use in the Official Star Wars Universe (i.e. movies, published materials, etc.) or previous use by the Rebel Legion: Wraith, Rogue, any squadron name in official SW media, and every name currently in use by existing Base Squadrons and/or Wing/Flights.

Sorry to keep doing this to you guys. Keep trying though and be original! (And I mean it, I really don't like to keep good ideas down, but I'm having to do it with every base pretty much.) Crying or Very sad

grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least we keep you busy... LoL...

Fine... how's about...

Vanguard Squadron...
Rampaging Wampa's (get away from that similarity to that other squad)
White Squadron (you know, like Red, Blue, Gold etc...)
Claw of the Nexu... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nexu
Nexu Squadron...
Fighting Reek...

Ah... but I'm still more for the Wampa...
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here you go

Vanguard Squadron (INELIGIBLE)
Quote:
Vanguard Squadron was a volunteer squadron raised on Hapes during the Yuuzhan Vong War by Jagged Fel and his Chiss wing guard Shawnkyr Nuruodo, based around the two Clawcraft of their scout element.

Rampaging Wampa's (ELIGIBLE)
As previously stated clear as far as I can tell. HOWEVER, "Wampa Squadron" seems to have been used in the TIE Corps at www.ehtiecorps.org for an inactive squadron.

White Squadron (ELIGIBLE)
LOTS of historical data on a real life White Squadron, but nothing SW related.

Claw of the Nexu / Nexu Squadron (IFFY)
Found lots of various RPG versions of a "Nexu Squadron". Nothing with an extended (i.e. grinning, claw of, etc.) name though.

Fighting Reek (IFFY)
Again no extended name matches, but there is an imperial Reek Squadron used by the Dewback Wing.

Woofer (John H. VanOphem)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll chime in a with a few nitpicks as well.

We do not reek. I know that Reek and reek are technically different but I don't think we want to imply we are a smelly squadron. Some of us do shower occasionally.

White Squadron. Not bad. A pure colour name certainly works. A bit of a stretch though, but could it misconstrued as racist? Like I said, it isn't an obvious connotation but it did spring to mind when I saw it. It can be salvaged though if we add a second element. White Death, White Claw, etc.

What is that? A suggestion? White middle finger?? Oh not a name suggestion but a comment... Razz

"This is Major Wes Janson, and if you're not aware of his exploits, I'm sure he'll be delighted to give you the whole story."
― Wedge Antilles
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Sun is out, but what about Eclipse?

Northern Lights?

Ewoks on ice? That's nice!

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, yeah, Frosty Ewok Squadron Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm....I do love me a good Frosty...luckily there's a Wendy's just down the street... Smile

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
Brinn 71 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woofer wrote:
Oh and like they'll be less embrassed to be wiped out by an Ewok Squadron?

Our Oakville recruit has signed onto the forums, but didn't get the confirmation e-mail yet. He should be here soon. I found a pic of him in costume, so here is a bit of an introduction:

He'd make a fine Rampaging Ewok!!

Hey EVERYONE! I never got the email confimation from here, but I just tried logging in and found you.

HELLO! Very Happy

Great to be here. Woofer's been gently nudging me on the RPF into joining on here, so here I am. I've always wanted to be a SW pilot and finally got around to making my suit. Bought a lot of pieces from the RPF folks, and the suit/gloves came from my seamstress. If you want anything made she will help you out, just PM me. I will post pics soon. The pic above was before my last tweak. I wasn't happy with my 'floating' chestbox or the vest bottom.

NICE costumes everybody!

BTW, I like Vanguard Squadron, but I guess it can't be used? Then I have to say I like White Squad, or Roaring Wampas.

Unless we could all be the Beaver Tail Squad? Mr. Green

If you've ever been to Ottawa and had one of these great 'donut' style treats, you'd be a fan! Laughing

Now how do I get one of those really COOL signature pics!? Razz
Brinn 71 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primrodo wrote:
I am still quite fond of Wampa...so I made a very rough mockup of an idea. Only things I would add would be better lines, teeth and furlines through out to give definition.

This is just TOO COOL to pass up, don't you all think!? X-Wing 1 Y wing

GREAT JOB!
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Brinn!

Okay, threads you need to know in a nutshell

EVERYTHING PILOT:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

GET A FANCY SIGBAR FROM CMDR. BUNHEAD:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7288

SHOW OFF YOUR HELMET:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11480

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10384

Hmmm... I think that's everything. Just poke around in the Pilot Forums to be sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: