About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a7217a76bd78bc041759b1dea7bf666dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

First SW costume: X-Wing Pilot Progress (w/pics)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebel_pilot_nash ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: First SW costume: X-Wing Pilot Progress (w/pics) Reply with quote

I'm just going to copy and paste my post from the MWB forum Very Happy .....
Alright everyone I'm new round these parts, but not new to cosplaying. You can see my other costumes here:

http://www.cosplay.com/member/43471/

I've been to many cons, and events with Star Wars costumers, and it was only a matter of time before I did one myself. Some people are disappointed that I'm joining the rebels for my first costume lol, but I couldn't resist.

Because I'm working on other cosplays as well, I couldn't afford the top notch fiber-glass helmet Neutral so I settled on the Rubies one. I'll be changing some of the padding on the inside, and repainting the outside. Not sure what colors or designs I'll use.
(the jacket I'm wearing in the pic is from my Power Rangers Time Force uniform lol)

I ordered a jumpsuit and vest from costumebase on eBay, because I have this sewing machine I'm still learning to operate! The suit hasn't come in yet.

Does anyone have a good tutorial for making the chest box? I've been looking all over for one. I thought I'd attempt to make that myself.

Last edited by rebel_pilot_nash () on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Woofer (John H. VanOphem)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BoJangles box is such a good kit right out of the box, there isn't much need for a tutorial on those nowadays.

It comes pre-painted with all the extras already supplied. Probably one of the easiest parts of the costume to get.

"This is Major Wes Janson, and if you're not aware of his exploits, I'm sure he'll be delighted to give you the whole story."
― Wedge Antilles
crash (Jeff Goldin)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are gonna need to mod the vest that you get. The straps are wrong and you will need to move the last couple channels up to get rid of the space, but I will say the flight suit is actually not too bad.(I think there's another thread around here with the actually nitty gritty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Don't let the naysayers get you down. However it has been discussed the CB flight suit is good, the vest needs modifications, and the Rubies helmet is Batha Poodoo.

But you know what? That really only applies to you. If you want to be near canon or just invoke the imagry. It also applies to if you want to do "official" trooping stuff or just want to hang out with friends.

If it's for your enjoyment... then enjoy!

- Lao-Jon Yung, Jedi Knight
- Lt Jak "Novahawk" Hunter, X-wing pilot and A-wing pilot Warhawk Squadron
- Sgt Zev Youngblood, Rebel Commando
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, more orange in Shadow Squadron! Get moving, pilot! Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad she plans to repaint the helmet. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the timefire badge!

I have seen you with your Yellow Ranger on Rangerboard.com! Glad to see you here as well!
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! Future pilotchick chickpilot Welcome!

Love your Power Ranger costume Very Happy

cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More pilots is great...more chick pilots is awesome. Do the best you can with everything. I'm sure it will look great. Post pics when you think you're ready and look in to our Rouge Squadron...lady pilots Smile
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen Shadowchaser wrote:
I'm just glad she plans to repaint the helmet.

I'm glad that's all that matters to people like you. Rolling Eyes

It's funny, over on the MWB Base boards Nash told us that she caught some grief from her local garrison for not going with a 501st costume... and the reception she gets from too many of us rebels is: "HI... hate your helmet... but hi!" And people wonder why we lose so many recruits to 501st... frakkin' pathetic!

nash - You're welcome to "fly" with me anytime... cause Shadows stick together! Thumbs up

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Geoff, chill a little on this, please! I understand your point. But please stop stoking the fire! Thank you!

I for one, have said I see no problems with Rubies that are modified. Painted, improved on etc. I've said it in one thread here in the Pilot forum as well as this thread:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11471

I have personally seen a Rubies modified and it turned out great.

See pic below:

Back to Nash:

As we've said welcome Smile If we can be of any assistance. Please feel free to ask.

Rogan Creel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the squadrons. We can never have too much orange. Pilot
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to having you join Starfighter Command. Smile

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
rebel_pilot_nash ()

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many replies! Thanks for the welcome guys Mr. Green I'm happy to join in on the fun. I haven't done a new costume in about a year, so I'm excited to do this one. I would like to join the Legion once it's complete so I can do events with you all! So I'll try to make it look awesome!

I'm going to order some arm tools, and flares from Ken the elvis trooper. And then I'll have to pace myself. The parts of the suit I've ordered so far are definately eating away my bank account lol. I'll wait for a few more paychecks before getting the box and boots and all that. Rolling Eyes

Don't worry Krash....I still feel welcome here. Shadow Squadran is in the Midwest isn't it? What do all the squadrans do? I've seen all the banners. Gosh, I sound like a total newbie lol bare with me guys hehe!

Also! it's cool to see some rangerboarders here as well. Thanks Jim!
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was casting no aspersions on the helmet maker (this time), just on the excess of Luke paint schemes, I always look forward to seeing costume paint jobs on our pilots' helmets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: