Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c870b4d54ab701452c49afcfdf6dbf0bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ad-Astra 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marianne Solav (Marie-Claude Dion)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Ad-Astra 2008 Reply with quote

http://www.ad-astra.org/

March 28-30, 2008
Toronto

There will be 2 Star Wars authors at the convention: Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta.
It's mainly a litterary convention with usually a good costuming track. There is also a masquerade.

I should be going with a few people from Montreal. Anybody else going?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v736/Marianne_Solav/?
Arsinoe ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very bad dates for me, I won't be available for that one. Oh well.
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat me to it...

for those not in the know... Here's the Star Wars books they did...

Darksaber (1996)

Jedi Academy Trilogy
Jedi Search (1994)
Dark Apprentice (1994)
Champions of the Force (1994)

Young Jedi Knights series (with Rebecca Moesta):
Heirs of the Force (1995)
Shadow Academy (1995)
The Lost Ones (1995)
Lightsabers (1996)
Darkest Knight (1996)
Jedi Under Siege (1996)
Shards of Alderaan (1997)
Diversity Alliance (1997)
Delusions of Grandeur (1997)
Jedi Bounty (1997)
The Emperor's Plague (1997)
Return to Ord Mantell (1998)
Trouble on Cloud City (1998)
Crisis at Crystal Reef (1998)

Short story anthologies edited by Anderson:
Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina (1995)
Tales from Jabba's Palace (1996)
Tales of the Bounty Hunters (1996)
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad-Astra is pushing for more 501st presence... and that naturaly leads them asking for more Rebels as well...

It's a Literary convention, but the costume presence is very very high! and of course there are parties... Stear Wars Endirect generally hosts one I believe...
Rabellaka ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time, I have weekends off. I'm interested, but I don't like driving to Toronto by myself anymore, so I'll have to think about it. What are the costs involved?
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... before Feb 29th it's $50... at the Door is going to be $60 (for the whole weekend)... day prices are not yet set...
Rabellaka ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to ask my husband about that, with a room, that's a lot of money, and he may want to go too (I don't know why, there's nothing there to interest him, but you never know)

The masquerade sounds interesting too. I'll have to get a new skirt made though, my current one keeps getting thrown in the dryer by accident and it's getting a lot shorter....
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I had thoughts of us giving an Honourary to Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta at Ad-Astra... but it seems it has now been listed to be done at Dragon Con... I had suggested this in "2008! All members please read", but sadly not acted on...

for me , this is depressing... they never happen in Canada... Boo!!! I do not blame any one for this... since it was all of us that should be planning events and tasks like this... I felt myself still too new to the group to lead such a plan... but I think in the future I may have to!...

It is too late to do anything now... since at least 2 weeks needs to be given to get a plauqe... though realistically it would be nice to present them with something!...

I am going to this event... though Primarily as 501st... but I could be talked into dressing RL for a special event while there...
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunatly I am not going to Ad Astra, and I had not seen a large Rebel following going either, so i was not sure what was happening with it.

Also, along with our SG16 standpoint Dan, we can always devise something to give from specially our base that would not replace or supercede any Offical RL stuff but can still be a "Welcome to Canada" gesture.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: