About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards
 

Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fb09fe3928c681d188d8622191b49f2dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

weathering the x-wing flightsuit
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
atmtrooper ()



Joined: 15 Jul 2006
Posts: 201

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote







I found the Charcoal powder very easy to work with and gives a great effect dry .
The effect you get is very like oil stain or heavy wear marks so ideal.I just springled a finger tip amount on and rubbed in with fingers adding more where I wanted it.Now I need to do a few troops/events and real life dirt will hopefully give desired effect.

By the way Charcoal power is real cheap
_________________
Dave Clarke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
crash (Jeff Goldin)
Legion Council
Legion Council


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 604

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea no joke about the kids, the other day I was looking at my boots and found some what I was hope was dried jelly on them. Now since I really don't eat much jelly let alone in my suit. I'm guessing I was jellied by some padawan.
_________________
Jeff "Crash" Goldin
LAC
Kessel Base
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
atmtrooper ()



Joined: 15 Jul 2006
Posts: 201

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The images dont give full effect of weathering until all costume parts are togeather,I have to say I really enjoyed this part of putting the costume together,gives that lived in look.

Not sure on clean pilots,does this mean they are very clean people or not seen much action ,we can go back to the good old debate should you have a helmet ,well may be another day.

Just waiting a reply on who I submit my pictures too as Ive tried using manage costumes and keeps crashing?????

So if someone from staff could give me an e-mail address to send pictures too I would be more than grateful.

By the way like new brighter clearer website Wink
_________________
Dave Clarke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 2828
Location: Covington, LA
Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atmtrooper wrote:
Not sure on clean pilots,does this mean they are very clean people or not seen much action ,we can go back to the good old debate should you have a helmet ,well may be another day.

Don't even think about it. If you want to beat a dead horse, go somewhere else.

atmtrooper wrote:
Just waiting a reply on who I submit my pictures too as Ive tried using manage costumes and keeps crashing?????

So if someone from staff could give me an e-mail address to send pictures too I would be more than grateful.

Costume submissions are down right now. An announcement will be made when the site is fully operational.
_________________

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
atmtrooper ()



Joined: 15 Jul 2006
Posts: 201

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndustrialSizeEd wrote:
atmtrooper wrote:
Not sure on clean pilots,does this mean they are very clean people or not seen much action ,we can go back to the good old debate should you have a helmet ,well may be another day.

Don't even think about it. If you want to beat a dead horse, go somewhere else.

atmtrooper wrote:
Just waiting a reply on who I submit my pictures too as Ive tried using manage costumes and keeps crashing?????

So if someone from staff could give me an e-mail address to send pictures too I would be more than grateful.

Costume submissions are down right now. An announcement will be made when the site is fully operational.


thanks for update on submissions

clean or dirty pilots dont have a problem with .It was only my opinion and I was NOT trying to stir up past history or troube hense leave for another day,and was more trying to say I was pleased with the results of my own work .(its not a requirement for the legion just personal choice -no offence ment from my post so if you are a clean or dirty pilot good luck to you and as long as you are happy with your costume then at the end of the day thats all that counts)
I costume for enjoyment and to help others not for politics or arguments
_________________
Dave Clarke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 2828
Location: Covington, LA
Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atmtrooper wrote:
clean or dirty pilots dont have a problem with .It was only my opinion and I was trying to stir up past history or troube hense leave for another day,and was more trying to say I was pleased with the results of my own work .(its not a requirement for the legion just personal choice -no offence ment from my post so if you are a clean or dirty pilot good luck to you and as long as you are happy with your costume then at the end of the day thats all that counts)
I costume for enjoyment and to help others not for politics or arguments


Then stop dragging old or unrelated arguments into discussions. This is your last warning.

Now, let's get back on topic.
_________________

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group