About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=38ef55493b60d57d45259042e06e0d08Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Airsoft mausers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wedge45 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Airsoft mausers Reply with quote

There's a decent looking plastic, correct size airsoft mauser now...for 9.99. I am gonna make two full plastice blasters (One for each hand). It will be a few weeks before I can, but weight wise, they would be a lot easier to troop with.
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you shoot me a link via PM? I'd appreciate it. I have been seriously considering going the metal replica route.... you know the one that is $185 for the completed display kit?

A buddy has one of those for his Han Solo costume and it is awesome. But it is heavy, this would be easier on the pocket book (and the hip).

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wedge45 ()

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure man, I'll send you a PM with a link. I like to use yoda's house/ johns spot on the web/ blastech for conversion kits, but his kit is metal. I found a source for resin flash supressors for about 20 bucks, and a tutorial on how to make a scope easy enough

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated, my friend. I am looking for an ESB style Mauser for my CorSec costume. I have decided that is what I want to go with for the blaster.

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's still a lot of mods you have to do to these things to make them look "Star Warsy", so it may not end up being that much cheaper, after you get all the parts to do that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know, thanks Lori!

- Bill
Wedge45 ()

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you make the scope, and get a resin cast flash suppressor, you can get plastic cornering from home depot, and scratch build some pieces. And still keep it well under 100.00 If you aren't trying to make Han's pistol specifically, it could be done cheaper still. Just my opinion. I got 2 of them in storage .. as ssoon as I get my stuff from New Mexico I am gonna start the build on them. I have this idea for a two fisted gun fighter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really looking to do Han Solo's blaster.... just a DL-44 is all. Since I am doing Corellian Security, I am wanting to have a blaster that a Corellian would carry.

- Bill
Wedge45 ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you can do this even cheaper. Buying a funnel you can use it for the cone of the flash suppressor, epoxy it to a piece of PVC cut to about 1 inch, you can use that sight I gave you to make a '0 point scope' which I built for under 10 bucks, and then weather it, use on plastic angle piece to mount the scope and you could do this build for under 40.00 bucks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the other stuff, like greeblies, and such, that I will see there may be a potential issue with the mauser build.

- Bill
Wedge45 ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That stuff ain't hard:) get a dremel and carve e'm out of pvc. just use a breath mask while oyu do it.Smile I also have been known to use circuit boards, Pop rivets, and random stuff I find while walking the dog.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a dremel and access to PVC sheets and so forth.

- Bill
Wedge45 ()

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

then just make them yourself. Greeblies of non-on camera stuff has lots of leeway in it. I would think.. check out some of the blasters at the BBC that aren't movie specific

http://imperial-fleet.com/BBC/community/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. Thanks, Wedge!

- Bill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I have got an airsoft Mauser on it's way. I will be getting some other odds and ends in the near future. As soon as it is completed, I can set in motion to get my gunbelt and holster made for my CorSec costume....

Right about now, I am feeling pretty geeky!

- Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: