About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=335c33f6f3a1f75678e808f7ac9f218bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

help needed on an endor helmet. Replica AN-H-15 pic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wedge45 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: help needed on an endor helmet. Replica AN-H-15 pic Reply with quote

I made a pattern to make your own an-h-15, pretty sheap...if you can sew.

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii248/wedg45/?action=view&current=DCP_3071.jpg
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii248/wedg45/?action=view&current=DCP_3072.jpg

There is the complete thing, I finished it today. I got tired of not being able to buy the an-h-15 so mae a paper pattern, total cost on it so far is under 20, if you have a sewing machine, utility knife, and hammer, and are willing to troll goodwill for things made of leather.

My next step is the Donut. I know there's a kit out there. but that kit is //40.00// bucks. Has anyone else made one of these before and knows of a cheaper solution?

Thanks
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that you need to put a bill on the front, and the ribbed section onto the top of the soft helmet.

I guess you're trying to make this as cheaply as possible, huh? Hope you can make it look good.

Someone made a helmet donut out of plastic flower pots and insulation foam, I think. Or maybe I'm thinking of 2 different people using 2 different methods.

I believe the one who used flower pots did a sort of tutorial here, but unfortunately, one of the Admins accidently deleted all the posts in the forum that were made before July.
Shocked

You might try contacting navarre1095 about how he made his flower pot donut.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wedge45 ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I found a perfect colored one at goodwill for 99 cents. I have material to make the ridbbed top. but 40 bucks for a donut...ouch. it will be amonth or two before I can afford it.
Wedge45 ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if I could find some styrofoam. I could make one from it and bondo it. But I like the look of the kit one.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lori, you should have posted Sunrider's Project Board links. We only spent a year working on our Endor Troopers. Surprised

A Sunrider member also drafted a pattern for the soft helmet using an actual AN-H-15 she "dismantled". There is a pattern for the gaiters and the vest too.

Information for getting a "donut" can be found at the Endor Bunker Yahoo! Group and from Sunrider's Endor Trooper Resource thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a paper pattern for the AN-H-15 .. with about 20.00 anyone can sew one together. All you need is the cloth, a buttoning kit, some used leather (Even a second hand wallet is enough) about 3 square feet of canvas, and 2 6x6 inch approx, pieces of expanded ovc plastic (Hit a sign shop for scraps) and a buttoning kit from a sewing store or walmart.

I still have the patterns if anyone wants them. Pics
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii248/wedg45/?action=view&current=DCP_3072.jpg
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii248/wedg45/?action=view&current=DCP_3071.jpg

Diet Mountain dew bottle ... 1.25 at food lion and not necessary for the project, but man it helps.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, Donna. Sorry. Embarassed

It's been a long day, that started at 3:30am.
Neutral
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I'm just teasing you.

Of course you probably remember the RFT project more because of all those [beep]ing holsters. Laughing
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still did a bunch of leather parts for the soft helmets for that group project.

They weren't quite as much of a pain in the butt as the RFT holsters, and didn't take as long.

There was a lot more for this costume that I did on my own.

Making the bandoleers for me and Don, painting the greeblies, doing my camo paint job on the pants and jacket, building the helmet donut, and about 10 hrs went into that rifle.
Shocked
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Kimelius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Make-do helmet doughnut Reply with quote

My first attempt involved a 2nd hand bike helmet from a market

Its was the traditional style (for want of a better term) not the Pro-Tec/skater types

I cut the colourful plastic outer shell followed by the central ribs. The rigidness of the foam allows a hacksaw to cut quite cleanly.

Then with a craft knife, it was a matter of carving the rear 'detail' and shaping the portions that fit over the anh-15's ear pieces.

It was here I carved too much and end up shattering the whole 'nut!

But the theory is sound - with a cigarette lighter, scorch marks and/or dents can be melted into the foam.

Best to get the largest helmet possible to allow for the added peak as well

Hope this helps!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: