Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4418e0cb474604da040dd903dde40dbbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Group costume project - X-WING PILOTS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Group costume project - X-WING PILOTS Reply with quote

I figure two is enough to constitute a group, and perhaps more will join us!

SiaLanWezz (Eva) and Kay Dee are embarking on putting together X-Wing pilot costumes so we can finally get an official squad going in Endor Base. Please let us know if you'd like to be included as part of a group project and would like access to the matching materials we will be using. We may also be able to coordinate helping with patterns as we work on each piece of the costume throughout the year.

Thus far we have:

1) Ordered helmets
2) Either already own or have chest box kits on order
3) Already own the metal buckle or have signed up for the new buckle order taking place at Dewback Wings Yahoo Group. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dewbacks/ (The group pre-order will close in about 1-2 weeks, so it's best to get in your order by February 4th 2008. They are $8.00 each plus $3.00 for shipping.)
4) Code cylinders already purchased or on order.
5) Jack Boots have been purchased
6) Gauntlets are purchased
7) Com Pad purchased or constructed from scratch (yet to be painted).

On our to do list:
1) We are currently looking for the perfect shade of orange twill to construct our own screen accurate jump-suits. (Kay dee is referencing a pantone match from Dressing A Galaxy's exhibit).
2) We will be constructing our own flak vests (patterns yet to be modified and materials purchased).
3) Belt webbing, leg flair holder materials - etc.
4) Get dowels and make leg flairs
5) hose for chest box

I'd imagine there are other things to add to the list, as we are just getting started!

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the RLSC can do anything to help out, please let me know. Smile

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed - I'm sure once we really get to the heart of this project we'll start to have more questions. So far I've browsed some of the online tutorials and message threads and they are quite informative.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Red Four (Bernard Finnigan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From whom have you purchased your helmets? I might be in the market for another one.

Rose Parade Veteran
Star Wars in Concert
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy, don't forget to browse the Sunrider Project Board. Lots going on over there with their Pilot Group Project as well as some group buys. If you PM me your email I can also shoot you over all the data I've collected as well. Some you'll probably have, but you never know.

Also, it'd be good to see some more orange up there, but don't forget it doesn't necessarily have to be for an X-wing. For those who are a "little different" (okay, or just a little "off") the orange also qualifies for the ANH Y-wing!

Also, it couldn't hurt to discuss if you'll be using the old "Corsair Squadron" name your Base once laid claim to, or if you'll be coming up with something new.

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Four wrote:
From whom have you purchased your helmets? I might be in the market for another one.

My helmet is yet to arrive. I happened to go with Richie's because he did an outstanding job on AnasianSkywalker's helmet last year. I have heard that there is another X-Wing helmet maker out there too so it is worth checking them out (they may be mentioned in the X-Wing pilot costume threads?)

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HazardThree wrote:
Kathy, don't forget to browse the Sunrider Project Board. Lots going on over there with their Pilot Group Project as well as some group buys. If you PM me your email I can also shoot you over all the data I've collected as well. Some you'll probably have, but you never know.

I'll shoot you a pm, I did browse through the Sunrider forums a few weeks ago but need to look again as that was more of an initial browse to get my feet wet.

HazardThree wrote:
Also, it couldn't hurt to discuss if you'll be using the old "Corsair Squadron" name your Base once laid claim to, or if you'll be coming up with something new.

I don't even know who laid claim to that name? And I'm also not clear as to why our squadron didn't take off (hehe). I'd have to look at that thread again, but with other detachments it only takes 3 members. We have AnasianSkywalker, Bernard F., and I know BothanJedi chimed in and kind-of raised his hand.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, you only need three pilots to start a Squadron. Get your three together, we'll get them the application, and get you guys all taken care of.

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy, I'm in for the project! Smile I'll see what I can do to get caught up as time allows. I know I have a contact for the code cylinders; I'll have to look into some of the other items such as the metal buckle, ect. Would you mind sharing where you purchased the boots and gauntlets?

I'd agree with opening up discussion on whether to keep the name Corsair or not. *shrug* The original term came from a kind of pirate, right? Maybe not the best reference? But then there are also some references to fighter craft as well.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Alison, I'd make sure you follow the link and sign up for that run on the metal belt buckle at the Dewback boards. They don't do group orders regularly on those so it's good to get in now.

I bet you'll have a tough time with boots since you have smaller feet than I do. As it was I had a very hard time finding Jack Boots in my size because most web sites sell a men's size that is just slightly too big for me. I ended up going to Mountain View Surplus
2045 S Bascom Ave, Campbell, CA

The trick is you have to ask for "Roger" and he's not always in the store (I believe he is the owner). I think I remember the trick was coming back an hour before closing one day because he was coming back to close up the store. Although they have a small selection of boots on a shelf in back of the store, it's not their full supply (in fact, a lot of those are really cruddy). But he has a warehouse with a lot of new boots. So bring him a photo of what you are looking for, tell him you are desperate for some German Jack Boots (lol), and he can usually bring out a few pair of newer reproduction boots for you to try.

Don't get the really narrow style boots - you won't be able to tuck your baggy coveralls into them!

As for the gloves, I got them from copquest.com They are the Damascus D650 Cabretta Leather Unlined Gauntlet Motorcycle Gloves

Kay-Dee's Costume Site

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Four (Bernard Finnigan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew Endor had a pilot Squadron, so count me in. We'll need a logo and a patch and everything. Cool name though.

Rose Parade Veteran
Star Wars in Concert
Anasian Skywalker (Dale Tolosa)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! I need some wingmen (or women) in the Bay Area!

Kathy, thanks for the glove link too! Could you bring them on Saturday? I'd like to see what size I may need.

Are we going to do a bulk order for the ejection strap material? Is Strapworks the best place to get them? I currently am using some charcoal grey seatbelt nylon from Bothan Jedi.

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." - Bruce Lee
https://www.facebook.com/TedTheEwoksGeekyAdventures
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered from Strapworks before. I just have not gotten to the point in research to know if that's where we will go. Trust me, if I want to order from them I'll want to do a group order because sometimes the shipping is as much as the small amount of webbing you need!

Sorry, I just can't devote time to pouring over a lot of detailed X-wing research right now because I've got a mountain of work to do for WonderCon. Tons of materials to put together Sad

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Vladric_Yavin (Devin)
Fallen Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my helmet kit, which is almost done, my chest plate, which again is almost done, and also have my metal buckle for my harness belt. I am working on getting the jump suit now
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great Devin! I have a slew of reference materials that Jon has shared with me. After I sort through it I will be posting it in our Yahoo group for members to use. (I have some other more pressing deadlines to meet this week for Rebel Legion - so hang on) Pilot

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: