About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5f02187680785266ea6816cc06ab9648Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Antenne questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nhoj Trebor ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Antenne questions Reply with quote

I have a tk560 helmet kit I assemble. It looks great. I did not attach an antenne yet. I am worried that anything to stiff, with no bend or give, will rip the comm box off. Also i don't want to go around stabbing children in the eye or head, as I do a lot of charity functions and parades which put me in close contact with people.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dagobah Base - Baton Rouge Captain - RFT, CT
501st Bast Alpha Garrison - Public Relations Officer TC, and CT
Blackstar Squadron - Orginal Series Battlestar Galactica
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also do a lot of events with kids and I just left it off. Tell them you've gone wireless. Wink

If you want to add the antenna, I bought wire from a remote control toy shop. It's very flexible and you can even get the clear tubing to put around it.

The antenna is not a required item for the helmet.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Dagobah Base - Baton Rouge Captain - RFT, CT
501st Bast Alpha Garrison - Public Relations Officer TC, and CT
Blackstar Squadron - Orginal Series Battlestar Galactica
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any old cell phones laying around with the extendable antena... many of those screw off from the phone... I found one (begged around work for folks who also had old cell phones laying around needing to be recycled... you know you're bad about doing it too Very Happy ) and tapped a hole in the top of the com box, and screwed it in and put some hot glue around the threads inside the comm box... now I have a nice collapsable antenae (and did a little bit to help recycle an old, unused cell phone)...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LizardJedi (Liz Hyde)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the hobby store, and got a bunch of cheap small aluminum tubes.
Then just drilled a small hole in the box, and stick it inside.

They're rigid enough that they don't bend really easily, but they're not so rigid that they'll cause injury if someone get whacked. Plus, they're cheap! and if one of them bends too much, or breaks, I can just yank it out and put a new one in.

The opposite of War isn't Peace, its Creation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Robeewankenobi (Robert Estrada)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a clothes hanger, I rounded the end and put a curved to it. A lot of the pics have it curved over the dome.
Rob

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nein numb ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished mine and I used some spring steel from the Wal-Mart jewelry/craft section. Like $1.50 for 2 feet of it. It has a natural curve in it so it curves toward the back and stays close to the helmet. Just my two cents......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: