About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ce2b2d97df053e34c388ad487d811f5fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Plan for Wondercon 2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Plan for Wondercon 2003 Reply with quote

Forward from Mark who is leading the planning for the RL/501st attendance at WonderCon.

I can't believe we've got so much planned

We're still looking for volunteers to help staff the booth. I realize many of you are also in the 501st, but I'm hoping we'll have a good showing of Rebels.

See ya all there.

Chris

-----------------------

Hi folks,

The CCA leaders, in conjunction with the SCA, GGG and Endor Base, have worked hard over the last few months on developing some specific activities for the 501st and Rebel Legion at Wondercon 2003 in San Francisco's Moscone Center. A lot will take place, so please bear the long list. While some details still need to be worked on, I am pleased and proud to announce the general agenda for the weekend.

Joint 501st and Rebel Legion Fan Area

A combined effort between our two clubs intended to promote both clubs and as a place to recruit candidates.

Club Development Panel

Dan, Chris Williams, 501st Legion XO Tim Knapp and I, will head a discussion on how to develop, maintain and promote fan clubs based on our experience with the 501st. This panel will take place in room 132 on Saturday, April 26, from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM.

Costume/Prop Panel

Ryan Goff will team up with the GGG's Mark Corey, Chris James, Dan Kim, Richard Jacobsen and Laura Ehrlich, on how to develop props and costumes for beginners. This discussion takes place in room 132 on Sunday, April 27, from 12 PM to 1 PM.

Changing space

The 501st and Rebel Legion have worked out an arrangement with the Comic-con organization where we have a specific room to change into our outfits and to store our stuff during the convention. Room 114 will be for our specific use only and no other groups. While this room will be secured, please remember that you leave anything in the room at your own risk. You are also discouraged in leaving things overnight should you be attending the convention more than one day.

Meeting place

At Wondercon, the Comic-con organization has provided rooms to allow fan clubs to meet in. The 501st and Rebel Legion will use room 113 as a situation area to assess what will be going on at the beginning and end of each day. We have room 113 on the following days and times:

a. Friday, April 25 - 12 PM to 1 PM & 6 PM to 7 PM

b. Saturday, April 26 - 10 AM to 11 AM & 6 PM to 7 PM

c. Sunday, April 27 - 12 PM to 1 PM & 4 PM to 5 PM

Photo Shoots

The 501st and Rebel Legion will have two separate marches for photo ops on Saturday, April 26. Should you have an imperial and rebel costume, I encourage you to bring both. The Rebel Legion’s shoot will take place first. We will meet by room 114 at 1:30 PM and walk out to our spot at 2 PM. For the 501st march, we will meet by room 114 at 3:30 PM and march out at 4 PM.

Community Service Event with the Zeum, a San Francisco children’s museum

The Zeum, a center designed to help foster the creativity of youth, has invited both legions to help promote their organization on either Saturday and/or Sunday. This facility is just across from Wondercon, located above Moscone South. More details to follow later.

Dinner on Saturday

A large group dinner has been organized at 7:30 PM on Saturday, April 26, at the Chevy’s on 3rd and Howard, across the street from Moscone. I will send out a separate message with details in regard to this item.

Over the next three weeks, expect to see additional notices concerning such details like parking near Moscone and recommended guidelines for Wondercon, among other things. Should you have any questions or comments, on what you have read, please contact me directly. Thanks for your time and attention. I look forward to seeing all of you at Wondercon 2003.

In service to the Empire,

Mark

Ryss Fal-Orran ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Plan for Wondercon 2003 Reply with quote

Sounds awesome...take pics, because unfortunately I'm not able to make it....

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Padme_Skywalkr ()
Fallen Rebel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:13 am    Post subject: Plan for Wondercon 2003 Reply with quote

Yeah sounds great! I'll be there but I dont think I can make it to the meeting on Friday from 6-7. But I'll be there for the dinner.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:47 am    Post subject: Plan for Wondercon 2003 Reply with quote

I'll be there all day Saturday along with at least one member from the Sac Valley Rogue Force. I'll definitely make sure to be at the Zeum event and the dinner. Sounds like a lot of fun! And I will try to take as many pictures as possible.

Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Plan for Wondercon 2003 Reply with quote

any more volunteers to help us staff the table?

thanks

chris

Rogue Leader

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Plan for Wondercon 2003 Reply with quote

Again sorry I'm late to this party but I can help out Saturday if you need someone. I'll be in my Jedi gear eager and ready! Let me know. =)

E-mail: Jedi_tenken@yahoo.com

Cell Phone: (415)606-8779

Clear Skies,

Ming
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: