About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dcdeaa1520ec372f0239cd6181c2b8f1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jan Ors
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morgan-aleghieri (Rebecca Brown)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Jan Ors Reply with quote

Hi there folks,

Morgan (or Rebecca) here from the newly created Tatooine outpost in Australia (go us!) throwing up some queries.

Since approximately this time last year I've been working on a Jan Ors costume (parter in crime to Kyle Katarn of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games), and I've got it to a recognisable state, but there are still a bunch of things I need to add (Sorry, I couldn't find the picture of myself in the costume).

I'm muddling around here though because I want to finish my costume to a level where I'm happy with it, and because I want to put it forward as a Formal costume for proper membership and was wondering what exactly I should be making sure I have in the costume to aid with this.

I do have links to a bunch of my reference shots, and I'd appreciate any thoughts that could be given Smile

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/morgandea/Star%20Wars/Jan%20Ors/1990379.jpg

This is the main picture I've been working off (or at least I hope it is - work blocks photobucket) because it shows her from head to toe, facing forward (although the picture is not as big as I would like). I'm really not too sure about a few of the costume elements in this - like the knee-pad looking thing, and I just have no ideas what to do about her robot hand (the one holding the blaster, for reference). The goggles I have a pair of welders goggles that I intend on modifying heavily, and the coveralls I have pretty much in order (although there is some device on her shoulder that I couldn't work out what it was). I'm not really sure what material I should be using for the chaps - my original chaps I just used brown drill cotton, but I think her's look like leather....

And here are a bunch more reference shots...
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/morgandea/Star%20Wars/Jan%20Ors/JanOrs1_DFSftE.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/morgandea/Star%20Wars/Jan%20Ors/janors2.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/morgandea/Star%20Wars/Jan%20Ors/Jan26kyle.gif
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/morgandea/Star%20Wars/Jan%20Ors/jan2.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/morgandea/Star%20Wars/Jan%20Ors/Jan_ors_JKII.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/morgandea/Star%20Wars/Jan%20Ors/1990328.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/morgandea/Star%20Wars/Jan%20Ors/Orskejim.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/morgandea/Star%20Wars/Jan%20Ors/jan3d.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/morgandea/Star%20Wars/Jan%20Ors/Jantavion.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/morgandea/Star%20Wars/Jan%20Ors/JanOrs.jpg

Anywho, basically - what should I be looking to make sure I have for Jan as a Formal costume? ^_^

Thanks for any help that can be provided Smile
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a tough question because, as far as I know, we don't have a standard for this outfit.

Maybe those who are more familiar with EU and this character can make some suggestions. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, wouldn't Jan be part of the Fringe? Not trying to vent the atmo, just curious.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volund Starfire - She might be, but I put her here because under the members page with all the pictures there is at least one Jan Ors under the Rebel Trooper heading. It might be an inconsistancy, but it is there all the same. I believe that one is also a Formal costume.

Grey Jedi - As far as I've been able to discern, there is no standard for this character which is why I've put up the query Smile I'd really like to be able to put Jan forward for membership so I'm looking for every scrap of help I can get. ^_^
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fringe isn't an official category yet and won't be until the new application system is done.

In terms of Jan's costume, you might want to speak to Jenny Braun (I Five) since she has it. You two could even come up with some standards too.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the Jan Ors costume. That was an awesome video game. Definitely speak to Jenny. She's got it down.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Matt. If you are one of the first people to do a costume where there is no standard then you should have be able to help write it. Who knows better than those actually put it all together. Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only that were true... If it were, my wife's Bastila would be no problem and her first costume... it's pretty much a requirement that you already be a member before doing this.
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volund Starfire wrote:
If only that were true... If it were, my wife's Bastila would be no problem and her first costume... it's pretty much a requirement that you already be a member before doing this.

What are you talking about? Members submit standards check-lists are submitted all the time. Most of them were not written by the LCR's.
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just a gripe. I do hope the Jan is accepted, though.
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volund Starfire wrote:
Sorry, just a gripe. I do hope the Jan is accepted, though.

No, I mean I was actually confused about what you said. I don't understand what specifically you were griping about. Was your wife's Bastilla costume denied? I checked with our LMO and the Jedi LCR's and neither of them knew of any Bastilla costume submitted by your wife.
So I'm confused.
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent to not derail the thread.
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sand Dancer (Brenda Cranson) has done this costume, and it's a good one.
morgan-aleghieri (Rebecca Brown)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granny-Wan, I think Sand Dancer is the Jan I've seen around - she's not too bad.

Thanks guys for your input Smile You've all been very helpful.
Drago Lordist (Steve Schaeperkoetter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might have trouble getting ahold of jenny. the guys at Road Squadron have been trying to get ahold of her for the longest time...

Steve Schaeperkoetter
RL/JA: Drago Lordist - KJO, WHP, RLSC
501st: DZ/IC/SL 7221 - GWL
Road Squadron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: