Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b23c76867482c10ce61d313362097a6cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

casting call for a good CHEWBACCA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corelliancaptain ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: casting call for a good CHEWBACCA Reply with quote

MISSING: 8 FOOT TALL WOOKIEE
Answers to the name Chewbacca, or Chewie
If you know where he is, please call 818 939 5193
He needs his medication!
REWARD 10,000 credits

I have a Han Solo costume and I have had lots of great compliments on it. Although I do enjoy wearing it at events, I feel like I am missing something. CHEWIE!

So look I am in search of a real good Chewie from the southern CA area that needs a pilots as I need a co-pilot for outings.

I am not sure how to post photos here but you can find me in the smuggler's section of Rebel Legion. I am on one of the cards there.

Find me Chewie, use the Force if you have to!

Marc
email me at blindganger@aol.com and we can trade off pictures.[/img]
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two Chewie's in your area. Grant is pretty active with Sunrider base and has an excellent suit. There also another guy in the Central California area with a great suit.
corelliancaptain ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know Grant pretty well we did a party in LA. He's a nice guy but he is pretty far south. I don't think he is in LA that often. I need to find someone flexible for events. Someone that goes to them often, with a great costume. Yeah this other guy might work. any info on his email?

Thanks!

marc
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Chewbacca costumes are usually pretty rare, from what I've seen. I didn't even know there was another one on Central Cali, I just know Grant. Razz Though Matt probably knows of everyone who has one.

Are you new to the RL? Could you please go to the Sunrider Forum and introduce yourself so we can welcome you?

I'm pretty active in the Base and I haven't met you yet. Hope to do so soon.
Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
corelliancaptain ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I am a newbie, sort of. To the forums anyway. I've had a rebel legion membership for a couple years I believe. So hi, I am Marc, nice to meet you!

Okay I will try to track this Matt fella down.

I am trying this picture thing to see if I can get it to work.

Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Matt I was referring to was Matt Pfingsten (GotWookiee), who has already posted in this thread. I thought you might have noticed his name, which is why I used it. Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my name is Matt. I run the Wookiee yahoo group (soon to be merged into an alien detachment). To the best of my knowledge Grant and Shawn are the only Wookiees in California who are currently active. Shawn is not a member here but he does troop with the 501st Central California Garrison.

Shawn is the Chewie that appeared in Part 2 of Pink Five.

There used to be another guy, TK818, but he disappeared from the prop and costuming scene around 2003 I think, and he hasn't been heard from much since then. I think he was up in the bay area.

A lot of folks want to do Chewie but are afraid of the work involved. There are no kits and probably never will be and for whatever reason sculpting is seen by most in this hobby as some sort of strange voodoo that causes most to run away screaming hysterically from any project that requires it.
corelliancaptain ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agh okay I just noticed from you pointing it out, sorry Lori & Matt. All I saw was gotwookiee. so really you are the guy to talk to if you are the wookiee yahoo group guy.

I am definitely aware of how rare a good Chewie costume is. If Grant and I lived closer I am sure we would hook up more often. I wish I could find someone passionate enough and tall enough and I would help finance a costume. I know Tom Spina and would probably have him do it, that guy is brilliant with hair type stuff and sculpting.

Here's Grant and I at a party at the end of 2006. Thanks for the help. Please keep your ears and eyes open for me if you find my Chewbacca.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: