About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a5234e73ce69037a83cda08379fe3918Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

~*The Wretched Hive alien detachment sign-up thread!*~
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really looks awesome.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Tash_Verano (Mark Seymour)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Domnu Skywalker wrote:
Thankd for the compliments everyone. They are most appreciated.

Quote:
BTW, I just realized that I can't remember if we've discussed this before or not... but make sure that your sculpt is a little oversized. The latex will shrink a bit as it cures, and you don't want to end up with a headpiece that is too small to wear!

Hey Pam how are you doing? I dont think we did discuss it the shrinkage thing. But the monster makers booklet did have that in it and there and some of the tutorials I read said that too. I think I do have it oversized a little, but it doesnt really say how much the latex will strink only thing Ive found is about a 1/4".
Believe me there is nothing I want more than to have this come out right. Ive had enogh of not up to par Shaak Ti's. I knew always knew there had to be a better way to do her head. If there are other Shaak Tis out there reading this, believe me I say this with absolutely no disrespect to anyone. Its ment to help improve everyong that absolutely loves Shaak Ti. When you do something like this your in the public, and other costumers. They see everything! Its really scarry too, because they cant help it. Its in thier DNA!

The one Shaak at C4 wasnt too bad, however the one at Disney Weekends was AWSOME! The only thing wrong was her fabric choices and other details of her costume. But the head was great. However the one at C4 looked like her head was too big for her body. The top mantrals were angeled too far back. It kind of looked like she would fall over back words. It looked to weigh a ton as well. The sides over the ear were way too big which made it look bulky. Of course she may have used the comic book references instead of the movie ones which would have been correct, not sure what she used. Her costume colors did quite match the refference pics of the movies. Other than that she did a pretty good job much better that what I have seen thus far. One thing that Ive also notied is that no one but me uses a farthingale (Wedding dress underskirt) This gives you the siluette of Shaak Ti. If you dont have the under dress you are going to look straight up and down due to the bulk of her skirting.
One word of advise do your research, get every detail in your head. Print every angle of the character you can get your hands on. Hang them up in your work area. Shaak Ti is a very, very difficult character to make. You must have much experience in many aspects of crafting and costuming to do it. (historical costuming, jewelry macking, sculpting, lether working. If you dont, then do what I did, find someone to help. Like Pam. I contacted her as soon as I even got the thought in my crazy head to try this. The other thing, STAY AWAY FROM PAPER MACHEA'!!!!

When Im done I will be posting a detailed tutorial on every single step for everyone that love Shaak as much as me.

Is it ok to post the tutorial here or to start another thread here?
I can post some of what I have already done.
HUGS!!!

Just remember to use rubbing alcohol to smooth out your sculpt and then make a texture stamp of an orange peel for skin texture. I'd hate to see it not the best it could be.
Domnu Skywalker (christina maher)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I have been, I bought the complete kit from monster makers. So I have everying just time is my biggest problem. I dont get to work on it every day. Im glad oil clay.
varza (Alyson)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to sign up for this - Female Tusken... oh and I love the name Jekk'Jekk Tar. Its straight from the SW universe and it fits us pretty well. And it would be fun to say. Everything else seems a bit more formal and we aren't formal. We are crazy wacky aliens Very Happy Cool

501stCast
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twi'lek Pam (Pam Simpson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exalted_1 wrote:
Just remember to use rubbing alcohol to smooth out your sculpt and then make a texture stamp of an orange peel for skin texture. I'd hate to see it not the best it could be.

I used to spend many, many hours using a stamp made from a peel, textured vinyl, etc... and I was never completely happy with the results. It was tedious, and didn't produce a deep enough skin texture for my taste. I now use a stiple sponge, a piece of wire or a bladed tool, and two chip brushes... one left intact, and one trimmed so that it has short bristles. I rub in the skin texture with the stipple sponge, draw in some deeper creases with the wire/blade that follow skin's natural contours, and then I use the brushes to smooth everything just slightly. Together, those tools make a WONDERFUL skin texture.

Pam :-)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how many interested "Aliens" are here, meanwhile?
Ten, twelve? Or am I wrong and there are enough to start, meanwhile?

- Jedi Knights don't kill traitors. Rebels do.-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Georg, there aren't enough just yet, but I haven't yet promoted this on the Wookiee costuming board I run. I plan on devoting some more time to this once I get back from the holidays.
MasterKoon (Derek DeWeese)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who in their right mind would ever make a Plo Koon costume?

I'm in.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andradir (Georg Mackowiak)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our member Ryk Taan e.g. ...

- Jedi Knights don't kill traitors. Rebels do.-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Colonel Dash Rendar (Thomas Riedel)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested to join with my Tusken Raider.

mtfbwy
Tom

Jedi are forbidden to take revenge - Rebels not.
Rebels face the Imperials, Jedi face the Sith.
These Brothers-in-Arms fight for the rebirth of the Republic.
badger ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for it, Tusken Raider as well.
Silverback (Richard Berry)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please add me to the list of interested as well - Tusken
Also, I like "The Wretched Hive" as a name.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested as Padawan Aayla Secura...

Hi Pam!! Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never sent you a picture, but I also used my lekku doing Sebulba's masseuse Ann Gella (I just didn't get a chance to make the collar) :

And a better one at ComicCon, without the medallion thingy on the headband:

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, perhaps I can do something about Kit Fisto. This is my costume:

I create the tentacles.

The mask is an original "rubbies", but it must be modified to looklike Kit Fisto.
Add tentacles and repaint all for exemple...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 2 of 44

Jump to: