About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9151838395032c54b80b738dd71a3155Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ALL READ: New/Unfinished Costume Standards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - I sent JedHead a PM. I see a few things that I believe need editing on the Luke ROTJ standards. (I have studied this costume at great length because I made it for someone).

This is nothing persona to JedHead btw - it seems to be a function of the way we are forcing the standards to be written IMO.

1) I don't feel the cloak should be required for formal approval into Rebel Legion as "Luke on Tatooine." Luke does not wear this 100% of the time in the movie, so why penalize someone from being able to be a full member of RL if they are missing it?

We have many people with full formal approved 100% canon costumes that wear Luke's costume as seen on Jabba's barge (Vest, no belt or cloak) or as seen on Degobah.

If we are really wanting to mention that the cloak exists without requiring it to be formal in all instances, then I suppose there has to be 3-4 versions of Luke's ROTJ costume documented (when he enters Jabbas palace, when he's on the barge and on Degobah, When he's on Endor (he has the leather belt over the vest) and finally on the Death Star.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to edit the Padme Ep II Family Gown standards. It seems we are not supposed to have any "optional" approved items in our lists? Since two versions of this costume are worn I'd like to break it into two.

Padmé Amidala (Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Deleted Naberrie Residence ‘family’ gown)
Required Items:

1. Fabric - The top and skirt are made of pastel aqua crinkled fabric.
2. The top is a long sleeved cropped turtle neck. The back is open, with long tabs wrapping from the sides meeting at the waist of the center back
3. Top Embellishments - The seams on the front of the top are embellished with a string of trochus shells (beads, or some other trim substitutes are acceptable). The bottom edge of the center front should have a decorative blue clip (A leaf-like shape with floral details and blue rhinestone is preferable).
4. Skirt - The floor length wrap around skirt flairs out from the knees to the hem. There is a small decorative button at the top of the wrap opening – identical to the buttons used on the back of the turtleneck collar (pearl or satin covered buttons with an antique gold or brass metal edge).
5. Accessories - A triangular shaped matching blue headband (preferably with metallic 'rub n buff' finish) with a geometric pattern. Shoes are dress pumps with a pointed closed toe (most likely sling backs) that are dyed to match or silver.
6. Hair – worn pulled back with long curls cascading down.

Costume Resources:

1. Padawan's Guide family costume page
2. Kay_Dee’s Family Gown Page

-----------------------------------------------

Padmé Amidala (Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Deleted Naberrie Residence ‘family’ gown with Cloak)
Required Items:

1. Fabric - The top and skirt are made of pastel aqua crinkled fabric.
2. The top is a long sleeved cropped turtle neck. The back is open, with long tabs wrapping from the sides meeting at the waist of the center back
3. Top Embellishments - The seams on the front of the top are embellished with a string of trochus shells (beads, or some other trim substitutes are acceptable). The bottom edge of the center front should have a decorative blue clip (A leaf-like shape with floral details and blue rhinestone is preferable).
4. Skirt - The floor length wrap around skirt flairs out from the knees to the hem. There is a small decorative button at the top of the wrap opening – identical to the buttons used on the back of the turtleneck collar (pearl or satin covered buttons with an antique gold or brass metal edge).
5. Accessories - A triangular shaped matching blue headband (preferably with metallic 'rub n buff' finish) with a geometric pattern. Shoes are dress pumps with a pointed closed toe (most likely sling backs) that are dyed to match or silver.
6. Hair – worn pulled back with long curls cascading down.
7. Cloak – The hooded floor length cloak is made of pale ivory panne velvet. The cloak is fastened with a pearly-beige rectangular clasp. The long sleeves extend to roughly 1.5-2 feet from the ground. (The cloak may also have a pale blue burn-out dragonfly design on the front).

Costume Resources:

1. Padawan's Guide family costume page
2. Kay_Dee’s Family Gown Page

Kay-Dee's Costume Site

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy, before I got your PM I was actually considering changing what I had written, since Luke's ROTJ is a bit tricky, since, like you said, it does have several variations in the film (even in the deleted "sandstorm" scene, he's wearing the belt over the sash, as well as having goggles and a wrap to protect him!). Personally, I'm working on getting a giant "Rancor scene" bone prop to carry at events, but I won't list that as an option. Laughing

I've since edited the standards. Luke 2

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I'm gonna join in on this one *lol*

Let me start by saying Matt, your Luke costume is frikkin' awesome man !! You've obviously done extensive research on the costume. I myself have spent countless hours researching Luke ROTJ & yes Luke does wear MANY versions of the same costume. The funny thing of all my research is that it is inconclusive if Luke EVER wears the cloth & the leather belt together ! It seems likely to me that he does when enetering the Rebel briefing, his belt is on screen for 1 frame only, less than 1 second & you can't tell whether the cloth one is underneath. I've lightened the still also & you just can't tell.

The other time he might wear the 2 belts is on Endor when talking to Leia. Once again the belt is on screen for only a very short time & even taking screen caps & lightening them, it's still inconclusive whether he has the cloth one on aswell. You can see the leather one sort of despite the poor light on Endor.

As for the deleted scene- for mine, it's deleted so doesn't come into it, it's not actually in the movie. Having said all this- I've been wearing my Luke ROTJ costume for near on 10 years & I wish I had the leather belt on top as it'd give me a pouch to carry stuff *lol*

But for mine, when I think of Luke & when the average fan thinks of Luke I think, they think of Luke with the tunic & no leather belt or Luke with no tunic & the black shirt/ leather belt.

I believe Alison, my partner Starfire Phoenix has mentioned the other variations of the Luke costume. I think they are all valid cosumes, all of them ! It makes it difficult to write standards because there are 5 different variants to effectively the same costume, but if it can be seen on screen then it's a valid costume.

Research is so much easier these days, when I started researching this costume, there were no Magic of Myth photo's & very little images available, it was done through tirelessly watching the video over & over again & the images from books. Since then I've spent many hours doing screencaps & seen the Magic of Myth exhibition in the flesh.

I'm a huge Luke fan & I do enjoy researching his costumes.

Lastly I'd like to say Kathy, your costumes are awesome & you obviously tirelessly research your costumes also , I very much respect your opinions on costume standards.

Matt, your Luke is awesome & I'd love to see pics of you with the huge Rancor bone...that'd be seriously cool !! Cool

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Kathy, before I got your PM I was actually considering changing what I had written, since Luke's ROTJ is a bit tricky, since, like you said, it does have several variations in the film

Cool, I just didn't know if you had realized that by making the cloak required for formal acceptance to RL - that you were discounting canon versions without the cloak from being approved as full formal members of the Rebel Legion (our new charter stipulates that everyone's first costume submitted must be of the "formal" level of standard to be accepted as members. This is just to make sure they have at least one costume with the canon elements for events). And I was thinking of _Master_Skywalker_ as I knew his version with the vest and no cloak was just personally approved by Kell. Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
And I was thinking of _Master_Skywalker_ as I knew his version with the vest and no cloak was just personally approved by Kell. Smile

I don't think the approval for _Master_Skywalker_ was done by Kell. She is not the Jedi LCJ and that is not the LMO's job.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

princessleia911 wrote:
Kay_Dee wrote:
And I was thinking of _Master_Skywalker_ as I knew his version with the vest and no cloak was just personally approved by Kell. Smile

I don't think the approval for _Master_Skywalker_ was done by Kell. She is not the Jedi LCJ and that is not the LMO's job.

Eeep - a little birdie told me that Kell was brought into the loop due to a misunderstanding about what elements are canon on the Luke ROTJ Costume (I know for a fact she was involved). Anyway - that's why accurate standards will help avoid confusion with approvals so I'm glad Matt's written them Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I previously did not write this costume standard because it was not on the list of requested costume standards. I later got word from Nelzani that there may be a need for it. This list is for consideration as a costume standard as well as for the binder project. My rendition of it has been approved as formal.

This version of the costume was seen in the animated Clone Wars Microseries Volume 2 that was initially aired on the Cartoon Network but can now be found on DVD.

Anakin Skywalker (Jedi Knight: Clone Wars Microseries: Volume 2)

Required Items:

1. Dark gray chest armor with shoulder bells
  2. Matching dark gray clone trooper style belt
  3. Dark brown knee-length V-cut outer vest with matching cape
  4. Mocha brown outertunic with slim sleeves
  5. Dark brown right and left arm ribbed guantlets with leather strap around wrist
  6. Dark brown pants
  7. Knee length dark brown boots with spats and three straps on each leg
  8. Anakin's ROTS Hero Lightsaber hilt

Formal Requirements:
You must have at least one of the following items to be accepted:

1. Dark gray chest armor
  2. Anakin's Jedi Knight hair
  3. Anakin's right eye scar

Costume Resources:

1. Sons of the Suns

Photo references:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/bryann717/Clone%20Wars/statue_anakin_skywalker_maquette.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/bryann717/Clone%20Wars/Star_Wars_Clone_Wars_DVD_art.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/bryann717/Clone%20Wars/SWCWV2_PR03_Final_Vert_sm_111024697.jpg

My version:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/bryann717/Bryanakin/bryanakinHero.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/bryann717/Clone%20Wars/cwBC.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/bryann717/Clone%20Wars/bryanakinCWHero03.jpg

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special thanks to James Matlock(aka Rose Parade Mace) for writing these Mace standards. I am just posting them for him.
===========================================
Mace Windu (Episode I: The Phantom Menace)
Required Items:
  1. Grayish taupe outer tunic, tabbards (extending only to waist in back) and slightly wrinkled obi sash.
  2. Off-white or white inner tunic.
  3. Off-white or white pants.
  4. Light burgundy leather belt with smaller inner strap, no rivets and a silver buckle.
  5. Brown leather boots at least calf high, no higher than knee high.
  6. TPM Mace silver lightsaber hilt.
  7. Costumer should be bald.
Formal Requirements:
  1. Brown robe with flared hood and sleeves slightly shorter than outer tunic.
  2. Jedi food capsules.
  3. Covertec clip.
Costume Resources:
  1. Padawan's Guide Mace Windu page
===========================================
Mace Windu (Episode II: Attack of the Clones/Episode III: Revenge of the Sith)
Required Items:
  1. Brownish gold tweed outer tunic (with shoulder tucks, extends to at least to or slightly above the kneecaps), tabbards (extending only to waist in back) and wrinkled obi sash.
  2. Off-white inner tunic.
  3. White pants.
  4. Brown leather belt with smaller inner strap held by 2 gold button studs and silver buckle.
  5. Knee length chocolate brown leather boots that appear to fold over from top part of boot to about the middle of calf; boots also must be a lighter brown at the top and a darker brown towards the middle and have a belt strap running down from the middle of the boot to spanning across the lower shoe portion of the boot
  6. AOTC/ROTS Mace Windu Hero lightsaber hilt.
  7. Small ribbed brown comlink belt pouch.
  8. Tall ribbed brown comlink belt pouch.
  9. Rectangular wide ribbed brown belt pouch
  10. Costumer should be bald.
Formal Requirements:
  1. Dark reddish brown robe with a flared pointy hood and long "wizard" sleeves.
  2. 8 Jedi food capsules.
  3. Covertec clip.
Costume Resources:
  1. Padawan's Guide Mace Windu Page

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
princessleia911 wrote:
Kay_Dee wrote:

Eeep - a little birdie told me that Kell was brought into the loop due to a misunderstanding about what elements are canon on the Luke ROTJ Costume (I know for a fact she was involved). Anyway - that's why accurate standards will help avoid confusion with approvals so I'm glad Matt's written them Smile

After the submission had been rejected for not having the leather belt over the top, I did some research. I had posted it in my journal to get feedback from my f-list before re-submitting the application with some better pictures and the research material to support it. Kell read the entry and commented that she saw no problem with it, so the application was resubmitted with all the info.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Hoth Rebel Trooper costume standards proposal:

The above photo includes an image of both the Hangar Hoth Rebel Soldier and the Trench Hoth Rebel Soldier.

Hangar - formal
Hat
Tan quilted Vest (with "poofy" collar)
Jacket (the jacket under the vest appears to be the same as the Trench Soldier however...it does not appear to show at the bottom of the vest so it is either much shorter or is tucked inside their pants)
Pants - tan
Jackboots (black) or gaiters (tan)
Goggles
EarCom
Gloves w/wrist comm
Rank insignia

Hangar - Optional
Holster w/DH-17 - white
Scarf - tan

Trench - formal
Hat
Blaster
Jacket - natural color with tan quilted top section
Pants - tan
Gaiters - tan
Belt and buckle detail - white belt -
Holster - white
Greeblies on right front vest
Rank Badge on vest
Goggles
Gloves w/com device -
Wrist com

Trench - optional
Comm device/earpiece on hat
Hoth Rifle
Backpack
Vest (actually is the backpack carrier)
Pouch -tan
Scarf - tan

The above photo contains the Hoth Hangar Tech

Hangar Tech
- formal
Unique hat - gray
Vest - tan
Jumpsuit - gray
Jackboots - black
Gloves

Hangar Tech - Optional
Wrist Comm

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
gofasterstrawberry (sara pope)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padmé Amidala (Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Water/End/Funeral Gown)

Required Items:

1. Dress fabric: blue and aqua colored crinkled fabric.
  2. The dress is a sleeveless, floor-length tube dress that is shirred (gathered) horizontally from the top to the natural waist.
  3. The neckline is decorated with a centered blue crystal that has a strand of tiny blue beads or stones extending from each side.
  4. The cloak fabric: multi-colored blue, green, & aqua velvety fabric with a wave pattern to it. There are sequins scattered along the wave pattern across the entire cloak.*
  5. The cloak is a full, floor length cloak with a sequined collar. It does not have a closure, as it is worn open, resting on the shoulders.
  6. There are three sequined tails extending from the edge of the collar on each side down the front of the cloak. These tails are each three strands of sequins wide and vary in length.
  7. The shoes are matching closed-toe shoes.
  8. The hair is worn down in big loose curls with white and yellow flowers and curled strands of ribbons in shades of blue and aqua.

Costume Resources:

1. Padawan's Guide Water Gown Page
  2. gofasterstrawberry's Water Gown Page

*The sequins covering the cloak fabric may be an optional step. Not having them does not make the costume unrecognizable, and it may be an extensive process that reasonable people should perhaps not be required to go through. It is a detail I added in because it is definitely present in the original outfit, and it is useful in creating the overall water-like effect of the fabric. I'll leave it up to the judges to decide what's required. Feel free to edit that line out!

Last edited by gofasterstrawberry (sara pope) on Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed quite a few spelling errors in the EP II: Padme Purple Senate dress standards. I reworded a bit of it (not changing the requirements, just how to describe it) and corrected some of the spelling:

Padmé Amidala (Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Purple Senate Gown)

Required Items:

1. Under-bodice of purple satin with a V-shaped sequin front panel. Bell shaped satin sleeves with swirled designs and fitted knuckle length purple under-sleeves.
  2. Matching floor length flared skirt with a swirled design on a long oval shaped front panel.
  3. High collar fit and flare surcoat of purple burnout velvet with piping details. Floor length split sleeves wrap to back and are pinned with a round brooch.
  4. Multi band copper/brass/gold colored choker.
  5. Hair is pulled up. A headdress resembling an inverted footed vase is woven out of copper/brass/gold strips and covered in micro-braids. Naturally-occurring hair colors only.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Padmé Amidala (Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Water/End/Funeral Gown)

The way the list is formatted, there are multiple numbers/line for one piece of the garment. The fabric, color, cut and details of a particular part of garment should all be contained in one line item.

I noticed this happened with some of the existing standards when they were converted from sentence form, to a numbered list format, this will need to be cleaned up.

But need to make sure it doesn’t happen for any new Royal standards.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen Amidala wrote:
On Padmé Amidala (Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Water/End/Funeral Gown)

The way the list is formatted, there are multiple numbers/line for one piece of the garment. The fabric, color, cut and details of a particular part of garment should all be contained in one line item.

So you are saying one line should be about, for example "The Skirt" or "The Robe" and in that same line list any important details about that one item. Some of the Padme lines will get really long, since one piece of the garment alone has tons of details added. So does that mean that for example, on the Family Gown, I need to have one line that talks about the top, the beads, the buttons, the fabric, the leaf shaped clips, and the cut of the garment? That is a lot of info for one bullet point. That's why I broke it up.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: