About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b73948716e80ccbfe487627219561e45Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Dec. 1: Neiman Marcus Adolphus Parade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StormtrooperPrincess ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Dec. 1: Neiman Marcus Adolphus Parade
Event: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:00 pm

We have been enthusiastically invited back to participate in the Neiman Marcus Adolphus Parade in Dallas. We had over 30 troopers participate last year and everyone had a blast as we were a BIG hit with the thousands of people watching. The parade will be held in Downtown Dallas on Saturday morning (parade starts at 10am), December 1, 2007. All of Star Garrison & Kessel Base is invited and we need as many troops to participate as possible.

http://www.childrensparade.com

We will be setting up host homes again this year so, if you are coming from out of town and don't want to spend money on a hotel, let us know. If you live in DFW and would like to serve as a host home, let me know that also.

Feel free to contact Steven with questions at rufterrain(at)hotmail.com. He will be posting extensive details about the event as the date draws closer and sending updates via email every few months. Please contact him about participating as a key character (Boba Fett, Jango Fett etc) as we can only have one.

---------------------------------------------------

PARTICIPATION RULES

When: December 1, 2007. Parade starts at 10am CST. We will arrive early like last year around 7am.

Where: Downtown Dallas

Event Type: Formal Canon Event. Movie seen characters are preferred. If you don't have anything but expanded universe, let me know.

How many troops?

Would love to blow away last year's count of 31!!!

Main Characters
Same rules as last year. We want as many people as possible, that means if you have a trooper, please wear that. If you don't have anything but a BH, SL or other "Main Character" then we will need to do a drawing like last year. I know we had a lot of issues with this last year but this is the best way to maximize our numbers... and this parade is all about our numbers and appearence. I will go ahead and let Craig be Vader again this year. Hard to turn down a 6' 9" Vader.

Parade Website:
http://www.childrensparade.com/

Who does this benefit?
Children's Medical Center of Dallas.

Family Participation:
I don't mind spouses/girfriend/boyfriend joining us for the parade if they have a 501st/Rebel Legion approved or approvable costume. (I will need to see the person in the costume). Same as last year, children cannot be tended to while you are in formation. No young children will be allowed. Older children may be allowed on a case by case basis. Please talk to Steven. 501st, Rebel Legion and Droid builders will have first choice on key characters. If a drawing for a key character is being made, non-members will not be included.

Key characters (Boba Fett, Princess Leia, Jango Fett, Luke Skywalker, etc.):
If more than one person requests to be a key character, that key character will be chosen based on two criteria. One, the person making the request has no other non-key character costumes. Second, if multiple people have only the one key costume, a drawing will be held at the end of October for that position. If a drawing for a key character is being made, only members of the 501st, Rebel Legion or Droid Builders will be included. Last year, the people who didn't win the drawing for their key character were able to borrow costumes from other members. No member should be left out of this great event.
Pete Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Dec. 1: Neiman Marcus Adolphus Parade Reply with quote

I'll pass this along to my group to see if they are intrested.

I am the basis for the World's Most Interesting Man commercials by Dos Equis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Cyber Bishop (Earl Toll)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got the same invite in the 501st..
The Star Garrison to be exact.

TK/ID/SL - 2926
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment
Sith Lord Detachment
Imperial Officer Corps

*Yes, I am still here*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pete Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Dec. 1: Neiman Marcus Adolphus Parade Reply with quote

how long is the parade route?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Pointer (Kristine)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think total from the on ramp to the off ramp it was 3 miles? But it was so worth it!!

I'm there in pilot or Atris again.
Pete Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Dec. 1: Neiman Marcus Adolphus Parade Reply with quote

Sorry I cant make it this weekend. Good luck w/ everything and have a great time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: