About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cac73a4da38765dc9ade9ef361467dd8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Boots - Define "Suitable Substitute"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the riding boots / Jack boots I have never seen a pair that would fit me for a price I am willing to spend... not for something that would get worn a few times a year... maybe someday when I win a lotery...
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grey_starr wrote:
for the riding boots / Jack boots I have never seen a pair that would fit me for a price I am willing to spend... not for something that would get worn a few times a year... maybe someday when I win a lotery...

I totally agree. That's why I wear my MC/Engineer boots. I use them every weekend when I go riding and when I'm not working as I usually have to wear a jacket and tie during the week Crying or Very sad
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have those German Jack Boots (the ones from Sportsmans Guide that you can never seem to get anymore). Originally I was going to use that for a custom Jedi, but I found that they are perfect for the pilot..... when I eventually get to finishing that one! Shocked

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to find some Jack boots online a while back. they were a size too large but i bought them anyway, then someone came along with my size that was too small for them and I traded them.

But I can see where it is a time and a half to find them in weird sizes, especially since they are wwII boots and most wwII german soldiers were smaller than most average americans are these days.

But riding boots tend to be iffy too being small in the calf. I had some for my jedi a while back. they had wooden soles. that would NOT work for a pilot lol. that and they were brown, but the point being you would have to have rubber soles...

and I am short too and my jack boots go almost to my knees.
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Boots - Define "Suitable Substitute" Reply with quote

StoyBoy720 wrote:
It is my understanding that most pilots tend to tuck the pants in their boots, then fold excess fabric over the top of the boot so the boots end up appearing shorter anyway...

Not sure if this has been posted yet, if it has just disregard.

The actual term is blousing the boot. In the military (which I am a soldier), we tend to use some shortcuts which might help you. Take a piece of elastic, cut it down so it can wrap firmly (but not tightly) around the outside of the boot. Affix velcro to the ends so it can be adjusted and unhooked. Se the pic below for an idea.

All you have to do is wrap it around the boot and tuck the pantleg into it. For a better look, reach down on the inside and pull the pantleg up so it isn't bunched.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Boots - Define "Suitable Substitute" Reply with quote

Volund Starfire wrote:
StoyBoy720 wrote:
It is my understanding that most pilots tend to tuck the pants in their boots, then fold excess fabric over the top of the boot so the boots end up appearing shorter anyway...

Not sure if this has been posted yet, if it has just disregard.

The actual term is blousing the boot. In the military (which I am a soldier), we tend to use some shortcuts which might help you. Take a piece of elastic, cut it down so it can wrap firmly (but not tightly) around the outside of the boot. Affix velcro to the ends so it can be adjusted and unhooked. Se the pic below for an idea.

All you have to do is wrap it around the boot and tuck the pantleg into it. For a better look, reach down on the inside and pull the pantleg up so it isn't bunched.

My mom was nice enough to put some elastic at the bottom of my orange over-alls for the same effect more or less Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: