About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e7ffd44b0f256f2d1fa39db717c7752cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han's duster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Han's duster Reply with quote

Has anybody ever made the ROTJ duster for Han? I'm intrested in making one. If  ya have or know someone who has, let me know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Han's duster Reply with quote

Recently I ended up getting a cheap Lab coat off of Ebay, but I do not think I am going to use it. It does not look quit right. I ended up getting a cheap Trench coat that will work better for know since it is already the right base color almost. So all I have to do with that is do the Green and Brown markings. At first is appears that there is Brown markings on a Tan color but it is really both Green AND Brown on Tan. The green is so Dark it looks brown. The trench coat that I got is closer in style then the Lab coat but the pockets are internal and at an angle as well. The really major Problem is finding a coat long enough to use. Supposedly it was a Lab coat that was used for the film, but I have not seen any Lab coats that long that go all the way down to the Feet. Either they do not make them like that any more, or they used the same design as a lab coat. SO at this point I have this trench coat that I will use for now even though it is too short and has the wrong pockets. Maybe I can add the right pockets to it. For know it is good enough for Parades and stuff until I get a holster which will be what I will really need to make my Endor Han Rebel Legion worthy. Someday I would love to have a coat made just like a Lab coat with the right color and length.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Han's duster Reply with quote

I bought an actual duster Pattern so eventually I will have one made.  It just has to be modified a little. 

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Han's duster Reply with quote

Here is a link to a picture of the Prototype of my Duster. http://www.rochesterfandom.com/phpBB2/gallery2.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=26157

I got a decent used London Fog Jacket off of Ebay real cheap. The Pockets are wrong of course and its not long enough. Its alright until I get a Holster and can submit the whole thing for registration. I have a pattern for a real Duster thats long enough. I can get that made, or make it in the future. I just have to use a Darker Brown and Green. I looked real hard and I can see green. Its just a dark one so you almost can not tell. The real one looks like different shades of Brown but my eyes tell me its brown and green.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Han's duster Reply with quote

I did buy a duster pattern a while ago as I may have stated, but I think I am going to try and still use a Lab coat since that was what they used for the film. Its hard to find a long enough one, but I read that Endor Commandos have bought short Coats and have converted them after adding more material at the bottom. I will have to get in touch with the Commandos over on that forum and see who has done this and how exactly.

Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Han's duster Reply with quote

I did the Han Endor outfit when RotJ originally came out.  The pattern for the duster was recreated from scratch utilizing all pics possible (THANK YOU  Japanese Mags, Screen and Roadshow... the ONLY pre-release pics we had at that time LOL)  And the pattern was duplicated by air brush with me wearing it.  We looked at lab coats at the time, but they were just "not right,"  (My parents had an agricultural lab, so I had access to probably 10-20 lab coat and supply catalogs).  That's why we went ahead and made it ourselves.

It's not exactly a regulation duster or lab coat (Han's is a lot thicker material) , but you could probably get by with one.  Good luck!

defyitall (Christian Evans)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Han's duster Reply with quote

I went with a lab coat in a 40 Long. Hopefully it will add the extra material to get down a little farther on my legs. I'm not super tall so that helps I guess.

The Sunrider folks found some good fabric paints made for fake flowers and I believe there is a good dark green and brown available.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Han's duster Reply with quote

As long as I can get or make something long enough I will be happy.  I will have to look into the fabric paint for flowers.  Sounds interesting.  As I found out with my prototype, you need dark colors.  The ones I used are to light.  I look more like one of the action figure versions.   
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Han's duster Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB on 01 December 2006

.  I look more like one of the action figure versions.   

So does that mean if we put you on E-Bay we will get a good price?

Seriously, the coat looks great!! Well Done!!! Well Done!!!

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to finishing this costume. Just needs a few finishing touches before registering it proper. I broke down and bought a Shirt from Corillian Exports, belt from MP Productions and put together a decent Duster like I always planned. Enough with that other Prototype. I threw it together last week for an event for Halloween over the weekend. I just got to get the holster shortened, it hangs down to far. Also have to shorten the piece of fabric I added on the bottom of the jacket. It’s a tad bit to long. After I do those mods and make permanent seems instead of Steam a seam stuff, I will be able to register it. Oh yeah I also have to make a ROTJ blaster. I ended up using a few different Model Master spray paints.

Last edited by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ) on Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good there Jeff!...

I've got to extend the length of the lab coat I've got before I can camo paint it...
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, its Grey_starr hows it going Buddy. Thanks, glad you like it. Yeah it looks like it should be around ankle length or so. Good luck with yours. Cant wait to see the whole thing.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, it really turned out great. Looks good, man!!!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It ended up looking better then I expected. It really was a rush job the night before. The spraying could have been better I think, but I was tired. I always wait till the last minute. Colors are not exactly right but I think I am going to just stick with what I got for now. I do not think I could ever get it right unless I had the original in front of my face. Photos are really hard to judge shading of colors due to lighting and all. Its a whole lot better then the other one I did before. Still got those finishing touches left to do on the bottom and back slit. Good costumes never seem to be done.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB wrote:
Good costumes never seem to be done.

Now you know the secret...... han solo obi e2 Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: