About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a813820af8069fba676b0231ed8c0c07Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ewok78 candidate for the council

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Benelux Base -> Benelux Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ewok78 (Mange Caroline)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Ewok78 candidate for the council Reply with quote

Sorry i didn't have time to post on the right section !

I became a member in 2003 when my friend Arkos told me he was trying to start the French Base.

Since 2002 I have been the sole Logistics Officer of my base, trying to do my best throughout this time ; organising events, keeping communication going between the base members, supporting and promoting the RL as a club while working with the public. We have the Lucasfilm Star Wars 'Reunion' coming up soon in Paris, I have helped promote this a lot to make sure that it is a success for everyone.

I think the RL needs to promote itself better than it does now, maybe via a newletter perhaps for its members. As bases are involved in events in their areas, from small events to large ones, so this could be a way of helping to promote ourselves professionally so we become better known to charity organisations and the general community.

Through supporting base BMO's, I think we should also try to raise the bar to a higher level of costume quality at events (that's why I am a volunteer for this!). Through the BMOs we could also try to create projects and support groups that specifically help the growth of popular costume groups, such as what has been achieved both in Europe and at bases such as Sunrider with the RFTs detatchments.

The important thing for me is what I saw at CE it's rebel coordination : it's the best way to communicate and present an impressive image to those who see our group both for the first time and then again and again as we become the first place to go for rebel costumes.

Like the others nominees, I would like to see a new website but I personally have no skills to help

Costume Tutorials are also important for me as a personal goal to create some kind of support for our members and potential new members. On the Rebel Legion French Boards I encourage people to publish their "how to do.." tutorials. These could be standardised for use throughout the club.

In France, we have a very good relationship with the 501st. I think it would be great if it could be like this everywhere.

The most important for thing for me however, is that I would like to create a better interactivity between all bases for the growth of the club in the long term.

Although I am 29 and although I work a full time job, I believe that I could still contribute greatly to the improvement of the Rebel Legion. Being a staff member would compliment my pride to be a SW fan and part of a fantastic group who are always growing. Although if I was elected to a role on the council I know this woud be my first position, I know that I can always rely on the support, guidance and friendship of the members in my base and of all the RL bases across the world who always help each other for the same great cause and one of our first loves - Star Wars!
Dark Trooper ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already voted for you Caroline but that's only because you have a Leia slave outfit :twisted:

Just kidding wink2

Go girl !

DT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Benelux Base -> Benelux Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: