About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c91ef127aef35756ed365aea6449d725Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Endor Base is too big! * PLEASE READ*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question - what exactly is the border between Endor Base and Sunrider? Can you find out what the official word is Robert? I've been checking the central valley memberships and it seems that some people in Visalia list themselves as Sunrider members, others as Endor Base. The map and description of Endor Base's coverage is too vague on this page: http://www.rebellegion.com/

We seem to be the only state divided in half by a straight line on an undetailed map.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Mother Tusken ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that there are two members in Visalia that are listed under Sunrider and that may be because when they joined they were a little farther South and moved to Visalia later.

That has always been my guess anyway, plus they work mostly with Sunrider.
Red Four (Bernard Finnigan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning.

I was appointed "State Captain" of Idaho of Endor Base back in 2005 by whoever was Base CO at the time, and would be happy to continue as such. But some observations:

Idaho currently only has FOUR members in the whole RL (unless we have some shy people I havent found out about yet). One of those lives 5 blocks away, another is alone in a far away city, and the last is my wife. Needless to say, slim pickins.

However, now that Idaho is separated from the rest of Endor with the promotion of Oregon, I would recommend that Idaho leave entirely and join Mountain Base.

The largest reason for this is that the Idaho members have been enjoying a fruitful collaboration with the Utah members for years. Distance wise they are closer to us than Oregon or Northern Cal ever were, and it is from Salt Lake that we have evolved our closed base of costume supply and expertise, with members from one frequently traveling to the other for trooping needs. There is also the simple fact that Idaho and Utah are joined together on the 501st map, and Idaho has been a Squad of Utah from the 501st scheme of things for about 2 years. We would get a great more RL support if we were allied with Utah's RL members on paper as well as the de facto relationship that now exists.

(To be frank, Idaho never should have been in Endor Base in the first place, it being so far removed and all, and I suspect it was placed there only as an afterthought for lack of a better place to put it.)

As far as Idaho's RL trooping, we've been plenty busy for a while, doing what we can to advertise the Legion: 4th of July Parade every year, Halloween Events every year (Boo at the Zoo), photoshoots at the local mall, summer camp appearances, small town festivals, etc. And I of course, represented Endor Base and Idaho in the Rose Parade (and more recently, appeared on stage with Weird Al Yankovic).

So thats my .02. From here on the front lines, everythings going fine, but I think a closer supply line to Mountain Base would be the best for Idaho fandom over the long term.

Rose Parade Veteran
Star Wars in Concert
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input Bernard! It's nice that we are getting a show of hands since it seems some people were appointed years ago but nothing seems to be documented or on record at our web site.

Perhaps once elections are over the Legion Council will be open to you presenting your idea of merging Idaho with Mountain Base? I'm obviously not in a position to make decisions, but if you naturally fall in with Mountain Base due to proximity and the events you participate or collaborate in - I think it would be a perfect fit for your state to merge with them if they agreed to it.

I may have mentioned it in the Endor Base forum or at Rebel Briefing - but it seems that the Base divisions were made a long time ago and some of them may have been a bit arbitrary because nothing had really been tested out yet (people didn't know what groups tended to collaborate together). Now that we've been established for a few years, I don't see why some redistricting to make RL stronger and make lives easier couldn't happen?

I don't see it as Endor Base losing members, I just see it as Rebel Legion being able to be stronger as a whole Smile

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Jedi078 (James E. Douglas)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shouldn't have received an email regarding this as I am the XO of Kashyyyk Base (Oregon).

But my opinion is that you start chopping Endor base up.....

It only took a few dedicated people to get Kashyyyk Base up and running. If there are dedicated persons in Hawaii and Idaho those states should become outposts and once they have ten members be granted Base Status.

The same could be done to Alaska, if there is any activity.
CaeliRose (Lana E. Sauro)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I am currently a member of a Star Wars group in Northern California I whole heartedly agree on this endeaver. While only a few of us are actually members of RL, the vast majority has been making great efforts at our costuming so that we as a group can join the RL with costumes in tow (we don't want to join empty handed).

Our current roster numbers in the high 30's and with our current recruitship will be far beyond that in the coming months.

Before I nominate a Captain I would first like to discuss this with our members at our next meeting.
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locking thread at request of CO.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: