Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=270c1cba7e2568ac032f2b30c0f72c74Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Question about revealing costumes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings -> New Recruits FAQ Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sugachim1310 (Renee)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Question about revealing costumes Reply with quote

I understand that gender isn't an issue with getting costumes approved, such as, female Han solos are allowed as long they do not drastically change the costume from the original, however, I was wondering what the policy is with some costumes being revealing or uncomfortable for the wearer to wear?

More specifically in regards to Ceremonial Leia, I am wondering if a costume would still be approved the neckline was raised slightly if the wearer did not feel comfortable with such a low neckline. this can be for personal reasons and also religious reasons.

Can this prevent someone from being approved?

Also if there are already policies on this matter could someone please direct me to where I could find and read them.

Cheers!
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya. Smile As someone who has been part of this particular discussion before, then very slight variations are allowed, but not if they change the overall look. So, yes, you could raise the neckline on Leia's ceremonial gown a bit, but not much since that would be an obvious change to the outline and shape of the costume.
Bodies are different, so there will also be a bit of variation allowed to account for that, but we also have to acknowledge that some costumes simply won't be for everyone for one reason or another.
For some personal comfort may be a factor, for others it can be religion or culture, and others again illness or disabilities may make a costume just not work for them. Whatever the reason each person has to decide for themselves if a costume will work for them. Smile

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings -> New Recruits FAQ Area All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: