Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7cfe77c6c324f62779a78506f4202a22Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

LibbyKun Generic Jedi WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilson5710 (Anthony Wilson)
Amancane Base CO
Amancane Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. Obi (Sash):
The obi wraps around the waist, and should be approximately three times the width of the belt and/or of a similar width as the tabards.

Be care on that obi. It should be a similar width as the tabbards but also only three times larger than the belt. If the belt is 2 inches than your obi should be around 6 inches.

I love your fabric choices, very textural.[/quote]

Galactic Academy Abraxas School of West Virigina - Principal

Other Approved Costumes:
181st TIE Pilot, TIE Reserve, Imperial Bridge Crew, Jawa
LibbyKun ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilson5710 wrote:
Quote:
3. Obi (Sash):
The obi wraps around the waist, and should be approximately three times the width of the belt and/or of a similar width as the tabards.

Be care on that obi. It should be a similar width as the tabbards but also only three times larger than the belt. If the belt is 2 inches than your obi should be around 6 inches.

I love your fabric choices, very textural.
[/quote]

Both the tabards and the obi are 6 inches wide, with the belt being 2Ē wide. It likely looks a bit wide since Iím a bit short- and it may be a bit of the texture making it all look wider than it is.

I love all the texture though, and besides colour, the texture and patterning was a big part of the choosing of my materials.

I am working on the Obi bow as well- a day spent down the YouTube rabbit hole has taught me more about kimono than I ever thought I knew, and I think the look is very interesting. Despite not having my buckle to finish my belt just yet, I think tomorrow Iíll put it on all together and get some updated snaps-with and without bow. I know what things look like on dummy can be drastically different on the body. This will make deciding on any changes now easier instead of maybe waiting for judging

Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind.
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As for the obi bow, I think Iím going to make one I can add or remove- and have it as optional, if thatís something I can do?

Yes, it is. Smile Making it a simple tube that you can slide on and off the obi to simulate an obi bow is just fine and pretty much how Star Wars obi bows tends to be done. Like I said, Apailana and Atris are good examples of this.

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

LibbyKun ()

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some progress updates- I've got my light saber and am 900% thrilled with it. I got UltraSaber's $75 grab bag saber, and ended up with a beautiful Prophecy v3 with an orange blade. Not anything j probably would ha e chosen, but we all know sometimes what you would choose and what chooses you are not the same thing.

http://flic.kr/p/2kmfFpv

And after all the holiday hoopla and a serious cold streak that left my conservatory too cold to work in, today was beautiful and I finally got my pouches finished. It's too bad I didn't think to put on the 3d printer for my food pellets. My smaller pouch needs a bit more finishing, but I'm pleased so far. The larger one is perfect for holding my phone.

I've also got my obi bow all sorted too.
Now to get my covertec clip and button and my robe and I'm nearly finished!!!

Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind.
LibbyKun ()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iíve finally had a chance to put it all together!! Iím just missing little things like a covertec clip and button and the nutrition pods

Any feedback is welcome, for things I might need to adjust or change?

Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to have some fabric bunching at the top front of your obi you need to be mindful of, but otherwise it's looking good. Smile Color scheme is good and so are boots. I can't quite tell what kind of belt buckle you have, but the style of belt looks right. With the last few items you should be good to go.

LibbyKun ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itís not obi scrunching at the top front- itís actually the knot for the obi-bow pillow. The top little bit of that does show on the front in traditional kimono. You can see it here on this lovely kimono wearer, though my knot does need a bit of work on it.

I also didnít realise I hadnít shared my closer belt photos. Itís a parachute slide style buckle, in the same gunmetal as the hardware on my boots.

Iíve decided to get back into fighting form, and have lost a bit of the Quarantine15, and Iím working to keep going, so I might actually be able to manage my obi, bow and belt all on my own soon! [/img]

Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! I see. Right, I should probably warn you that while we use the terms obi and obi bow the SW versions of those are a bit different from our world and you never (as far as I know) see a knot from an obi bow, just like the bows themselves are highly simplified in the GFFA. Smile So I'd definitely recommend you hide that beneath your obi.
(Have to agree that both the kimono and obi are absolutely beautiful in that picture).

LibbyKun ()

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why Iím sharing photos now- so I can refine and settle into my Jedi before I apply for approval.
Itís easy to tuck the knot for the obi-age, either a bit more or completely since it doesnít really change anything besides overall aesthetic. Plus thereís no guarantee that Iím going to want to wear it every time, ya know.

Now Iím here with fingers crossed for a stretch of warm weather to get my 3d printer jamming for my last pieces.

G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see your progress on this

Squadron Commander, DragonSnake Squadron

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa

Commander, Deep South Mothership, Visitor Fleet.
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with finishing this. Smile

Jara Cab (Chip Lechner)
Dagobah Base CO
Dagobah Base CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Work so far. Really interested to see how this all turns out. Hopefully, you will be trooping with us in no time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: