Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f9c88cae578cf3b5834c96775b691f97Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ten Numb Breathing Mask

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebelFlightTest (Randy Ward)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:34 am    Post subject: Ten Numb Breathing Mask Reply with quote

Good evening,

Working on taking my approved Nien Nunb to Ten Nunb. Finding the B-Wing chest box was easy.

On Ten he is seen with the breathing mask hanging down. Hence the smaller second hose in the right side.

Does anybody have any idea what kind of breathing mask that is? Or what could be used to make one like it? I’m really wanting that Home One Ten Nunb look.

Terrapin Base

Also Known As:
Nien Nunb
Ispagus Col'fax, Human Jedi Master
Tue Nunb, Sullustan Jedi Knight
LT Nik "Tester" Artha, Human X-Wing Pilot
LCDR Mithus "Mitty" Sharpis, Sullustan X-Wing Pilot
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that it's a scratch build, not a real mask. It's got some greeblies on it and even has a pair of folder clips attached to either side of the gray front vent.

Also, the second hose isn't attached to the chestbox, it just hangs down from the mask and appears to tuck under the right hand side of the belt.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alex. I had a friend who made a 3D model of the mask. It's printing today. I want my Ten to have it.

I'm working on that plus the Style 1 Chest Box that Ten and Keyan both wear. Trying for the Keyan Farlander / Ten Nunb double play.

Terrapin Base

Also Known As:
Nien Nunb
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelFlightTest wrote:
Thanks Alex. I had a friend who made a 3D model of the mask. It's printing today. I want my Ten to have it.

I'm working on that plus the Style 1 Chest Box that Ten and Keyan both wear. Trying for the Keyan Farlander / Ten Nunb double play.

That's the style of chestbox that I usually wear with my B-wing pilot costume. It's my favorite, I just dig all of the greeblies on it.

I have since found out that the dark red rectangle near the upper right side is actually a greeblie with a lens over it, probably an LED display of some kind. I've been meaning to make a 3D model of it and fix my chestbox but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I did find some nifty tiny LED lights to put in the greeblie to make it light up, though, just for fun. Cool

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been able to find the 50 pin connecter, red rocker switch, OMRON relay, and guitar pot. Have a HeroTec unit on its way i'm going to switch to style 1. (To make the Style 1 as seen on Ten and Keyan).

Question....what are did you make the greeblies out of below the relay?

Terrapin Base

Also Known As:
Nien Nunb
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WIP for the mysterious breathing mask. Have some sanding and painting. Plus mount the leather neck strap and figure out the small greebie box on the wearer left side with a wire coming out of it (my bet is an audio cable). The wires other end tucks into the neck of the flight suit on the Red Suit Ten we see on film and the White Suit Ten we see from the costume tests.

Did a frame by frame in Episode 6. Ten Nunb has it on him around his neck every time he is on screen. Even at the Endor party. So my Ten, will have it. That second hose on his right side, not being there sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

Did a bunch of research into WWII flight gear, talked with prop makers, even some exchange with Mike Quinn himself on the Nien Nunb costuming Facebook page. Best guess is it was a RAF oxygen mask with many adornments. The clue was something that would have attached to a ANH15 cap. Exact model is unknown and what the adornments are are unknown. So...3D print we go. It was around Ten's neck on Home One and Endor. But absent on the deleted scene of Ten flying (in the Green Flight Suit).

Terrapin Base

Also Known As:
Nien Nunb
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelFlightTest wrote:
I have been able to find the 50 pin connecter, red rocker switch, OMRON relay, and guitar pot. Have a HeroTec unit on its way i'm going to switch to style 1. (To make the Style 1 as seen on Ten and Keyan).

Question....what are did you make the greeblies out of below the relay?

The greeblie below the OMRON MY4z is one that I modeled and 3D printed. I couldn't figure out what it was so I just made a model that looked as closely to how it appeared to me. It's actually three greeblies attached together, the two biggest are "plugged" together, one below the other, and the smaller cone-shapped greeblie is attached to the others with two thin pieces of silver wire.

It's based on this picture...

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: