Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f24210e6396379eb6ce5d60c2a5fdebdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

European Shop for han solo TFA's boots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bodtx ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: European Shop for han solo TFA's boots Reply with quote

After dinging to find the solo's boot with a model not too much expensive but in leather such as WW1 cavalry soviet boot, I give up.

I will buy them new, I was looking for a shop, I know that Magnoli do them but I will have extra Fees with the customs.

Does anyone knows a good shop in Europe?

Thx !
Captain Solo (Evert Joosse)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I don't have any tips for you straight away. I am going to look into this for you.

My experience with Magnoli and customs is that you have to be lucky. Sometimes there are extra fees, sometimes there are not.

And the fact that the UK has left the EU doesn't help at all. Quite a few good bootmakers over there.
bodtx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for that, I had a look here but these are black otherwise it would have been perfect!
Han_Solo81 ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, in Italy we have a really good bootmaker, i work with him to did my Han Solo ANH\ESB Boots and HOTH version Boots too. I dodn't remember if he did TFA Han boots in the past too... But he is a great handcrafter.
bodtx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good could you leave here his contact?
Captain Solo (Evert Joosse)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Han_Solo81 wrote:
Hi, in Italy we have a really good bootmaker, i work with him to did my Han Solo ANH\ESB Boots and HOTH version Boots too. I dodn't remember if he did TFA Han boots in the past too... But he is a great handcrafter.

Excellent suggestion!

I have mostly been looking at theatre, LARP and reenactment shops all over Europe,but I am afraid that I have not come up with a suitable solution for TFA boots.

For my OT Han Solo boots I ended up going with Magnoli because even with the added import tax it was still my cheapest option. I am in the Netherlands myself, by the way.
Han_Solo81 ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bodtx wrote:
Good could you leave here his contact?

He is a member of 501st and not a member of Rebel Legion, so i send to you his facebook contact by pm message, ok?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: