Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8571476bbd80d5332d7fd4f194b06ff3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Introduction to Denali Outpost and the members!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Denali Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fidgit (Melinda Deal)
Denali Outpost CO
Denali Outpost CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Introduction to Denali Outpost and the members! Reply with quote

Hello!

I would like to welcome you to Denali Outpost! We are the great state of Alaska. Our numbers are small but our enthusiasm and spirit match the size of our vast state.

We have had active members continuously since 2012. Oday Sparrow was the lone Jedi for sooooo long. The past 3 years have seen the rest of our members join, with more on the way!

Due to Alaska's vast size, travel difficulties (our capital can only be reached by plane or ferry), and small numbers in the sister Star Wars clubs, we made an alliance. The 907 Star Wars Consortium brings together the members in the various Star Wars clubs in the State of Alaska. We can complain about the difficulties of trooping and costuming in Alaska (what do you mean you don't ship to Alaska???), help find answers to those dilemmas, and have a larger presence at troops than if we went alone. It's more fun to troop with friends!

Our goal is to make children and the community smile through our costumes. We have lots of ongoing partnerships in the community with hospitals, non-profits, libraries, the local military bases, schools, scouts, and more.

We are seven members strong and growing. In the replies you are going to meet our members! Feel free to say Hi!
Training Rey
Fidgit (Melinda Deal)
Denali Outpost CO
Denali Outpost CO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I am Melinda (Fidgit on the forums). I have been a member since 2017.

A friend told me about this costuming troop she was joining and how they do charity work. I have never done costuming before, so my first reaction was to call her a nerd. But the more she talked about what they did, the more I grew interested. I went to an armor party and yelled they have Jedi Librarians! Then I acted as support crew for a hospital visit and was hooked. That was March. By September, I built my generic Jedi librarian and was approved for trooping. My second costume happened because I wanted something light weight for the summer, my friends badgered me into it because we have a Kylo, and Rey is awesome.

I became the Alaska Regional Captain when we were part of Endor Base. I asked questions and got the job. Later, after our members said they wanted to be an outpost/base, I led the process to make it happen. They voted me as CO. With their help, I look forward to what we can become.

My costumes are:

Jedi Librarian - Generic
https://imgur.com/0w5xBng
https://imgur.com/S9jjhhk

Rey - Training
https://imgur.com/CJF3Gzw
https://imgur.com/hqxA6JJ

I am finishing my Rey - Resistance
Training Rey
AK_Snips ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm Sara from Anchorage, AK. I've been a Rebel Legion member since 2019 as Ahsoka Tano (Clone Wars Season 3-5).

I originally started with the 501st Legion Aurora Borealis Alaskan Garrison in 2016 as Kylo Ren (DS-22113). When I first found out about the group, I was immediately drawn in by the amazing charity work they do and how much of a delightful impact they have on the community here in Alaska. Since joining, along with several Rebel Legion and Mandalorian Merc members, we've been able to participate in numerous charity events with organizations such as Make-A-Wish, and make monthly visits to local children's hospitals.
Once I joined and participated for a while, I wanted to try my hand at another costume, as well as branch out from my loyalty to the Dark Side. Hence, Ahsoka!

It's been a spectacular adventure so far, and I'm so excited to see our numbers continue to grow!

(@darthsmitty on Instagram)

Last edited by AK_Snips () on Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlaskaBoushh ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject: So Glad To Be A Part of This! Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Meagan from Kasilof, Alaska and like many of you Star Wars has been THE fairy tale of my life. Becoming part of the Rebel Legion and 501st (BH-91328) have been bucket list dreams for me. I grew up in the 70's/80's on the OT, a little kid wondering what it would be like to travel the galaxy on Jedi adventures with Luke Skywalker. Always being told I should be dressing up Barbie dolls or reading teen-whatever-magazine instead of playing with plastic light sabers and tauntauns (I still want one...I don't care how they smell!)! The saga is just a part of who I am and I am so happy to share the story with my own children now. And, yes, my boys are members of the Galactic Academy!

Why Boushh? Though ANH and ESB had already taught me just how incredible and unstoppable Leia was, her reveal from under the Boushh disguise was my total lighting-strike cosmic epiphany. For a little girl to see that a woman could be that strong, beautiful, brave, snarky, clever, and independent at a time when media tended to show us only as distresed damsels...it shaped me forever. I adore everything about this armor: the dusty color scheme, the design, the grungy-ness, the general bad arse-ery (Thermal detonator, need I say more?)! And now the reality that I get to help with such amazing charity work and wonderful causes, all while dressed as a living version of the coolest action figure I ever pulled out of a Christmas stocking?! So grateful for the friendship, support and kindness I've experienced while being part of the Rebel Legion. I just love what it stands for and am so excited to watch the Denali Outpost grow. The generosity and talent of the people I get to troop with is pretty inspiring.

Please find me on Instagram: @fearlessandinventive
(PS: Sorry for typos, I always miss obvious mistakes when posting!)

longshot7014 (William Holmes)
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to you all!

--Bill

Oraculo (Agustin)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 4)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to all! May they grow a lot!

May the force be with you!
�Legion Costume Judge 2016 - 2020
BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
TCO Templo Pucar� 2015-16
Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14
ElectronicFerret ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it's me, late as usual

I am Jackie, regular forum handle ElectronicFerret. I originally started looking into the Star Wars costuming clubs when I lived in the middle of nowhere in South Dakota. There wasn't much nearby -- I think there MIGHT have been one other person within a six-hour drive -- but I got hooked onto the idea of the Mandalorian Mercs and started slowly working on different armours. I'd done costuming before but never for an official club.

A few years later I moved to Alaska. A few years after THAT I finished a costume -- a Jawa, for the 501st and Rebel Legion, because it was far easier than trying to finish my Mandalorian. I've made a few more attempts since but make glacial progress on most costumes, so it may be awhile before I get something else done.

[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Denali Outpost All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: