Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5c6751d3c239acc62f0cf6e50ecf1addMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Converting a Anakin Ep. III Hasbro Force FX lightsaber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senate_boi ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Converting a Anakin Ep. III Hasbro Force FX lightsaber Reply with quote

So I am thinking of getting the Hasbro FX Anakin lightsaber for my Ep. III Anakin build. Probably from here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Anakin-Skywalker-Force-FX-Lightsaber-Hasbro-Signature-Series/274577171592?hash=item3fee132488:g:wrQAAOSwkTFfsaYv

but I'm going to continue to search to see if I can find a cheaper one (any help with that would be much appreciated).

But my question regards converting the Hasbro lightsaber to RL standards. I've heard that all I have to do to make it RL approvable is to apply this TCSS kit to the lightsaber:

https://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MR-or-Hasbro-FX-Anakin-ROTS-conversion-kit-P248.aspx

I would just like to confirm (or be told otherwise) that this would be the only modification I need to do. Is there anything else that I would have to do to convert the Hasbro lightsaber to Rebel Legion standards?

PS: I also plan to use the same lightsaber in a pre-armor vader build for 501st legion
goldenhawk (Neil Umayam)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasbro Signature Series Lightsabers used to be Master Replicas. They have metal hilts and should be approvable. You need to remove the warning stickers from the hilt.

The conversion kit is for upgrading the lightsaber to run LEDs and to have a removable blade.
Garrison Tyranus - Kylo Ren, The Force Awakens/Starkiller Base/The Last Jedi
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil is correct.

the anakinIII hasbro force-FX is approvable straight out-of-the-box.

you don't even need a blade at all.

even just a "belt hanger" hilt -- (a broken/gutted force-FX saber with no blade or electronics installed st sll) -- would still be approved.

the standards say: "14. Lightsaber, ROTS Hero lightsaber hilt. Master Replicas, Hasbro or [custom] build lightsaber matching that used in ROTS are accepted.

--> the hasbro saber in your link above would be accepted with no further modifications. you just need to remove the yellow stickers.

cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 wrote:
Neil is correct.

the anakinIII hasbro force-FX is approvable straight out-of-the-box.

you don't even need a blade at all.

even just a "belt hanger" hilt -- (a broken/gutted force-FX saber with no blade or electronics installed st sll) -- would still be approved.

the standards say: "14. Lightsaber, ROTS Hero lightsaber hilt. Master Replicas, Hasbro or [custom] build lightsaber matching that used in ROTS are accepted.

--> the hasbro saber in your link above would be accepted with no further modifications. you just need to remove the yellow stickers.

cheers.

Is this the same for MR 2005 sabers? Are they also approvable out-of-the-box?
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes they are. cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 wrote:
yes they are. cheers.

What about the 2010 Hasbro version with Removable blade?
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that;s even better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: