Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e2f08317bac892c4cbdcd619c865b87aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lots of Questions from the CRL wording

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ.1990 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject: Lots of Questions from the CRL wording Reply with quote

Episode I & II Senate Guard CRL states this regarding the inner robe:

3. Blue shirt or tunic and pants or long sleeved coveralls in a shade lighter than the outer robe.

Episode III (RotS) Senate Guard CRL states:

3. Grayish blue inner robe. Blue should be lighter than outer robe.
4. Blue shirt or tunic and pants or long sleeved coverall in a shade lighter than the outer robe.

Am I correct that for the RotS Senate guard that it is an either/or situation? So I can have a one piece inner robe (same as my 501st submission) and not need to worry about the shirt/tunic/pants?

This is clear as mud to me, and I do need clarity here.

Thank you,
Andrew.
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the current ones, yes, and yes, they are unclear, which is why a new standard covering both versions have been written. We're currently waiting for it to become official and uploaded, but you can find it here:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98608

But regardless you'll need the shirt sleeves. It should also be noted that what has so far been listed as an 'inner robe' is, in fact, just the lining of the velvet robe and that the pants can be seeing if the wind blows from the right angle. Smile The 'inner robe' comes from the Gentle Giant figurine, which is not as screen accurate as we could wish for. Wink

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

She/Her They/Them

AJ.1990 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well whilst I know this is not what you'll want to hear, I think unless I can be sure that my 501st submission will be accepted here (with a sleeved inner robe) I don't think I will be bothering with submitting here at this stage.

Thank you for the answer, but it's still not clear one way or the other. I understand the screen accuracy argument, and you definitely have the edge on the ep1&2 guards, but without solid evidence to support that it is still pants for ep3, I will go with the ones that at least have the clear crl written. that way I wont have to make two or three (allowing for confusion-induced rejected submissions) versions of this.
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you are welcome to submit at any rate and see what the judges say, I'm just sharing what I know of the costume and the standards. Smile So far a robe is still in the standard for episode III.

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

She/Her They/Them

Pixie (Daisy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've being approuve this summer with a long tunic with long sleeve, no shirt/pant
AJ.1990 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixie wrote:
i've being approuve this summer with a long tunic with long sleeve, no shirt/pant

thank you Daisy, that's helpful Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: