Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1fc07afa764d1c4e0760c06a5c3f1467Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Sabine wren helmets, blasters and sprayers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inglorious trooper (marcus)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Sabine wren helmets, blasters and sprayers. Reply with quote

Hey sabine fans,
For way to long now I've been working on some sabine parts in my spare time. I'm now happy to say that all 3 projects are almost complete, so I thought I'd see if any U. K. builders might be interested.
My idea has always been to sell each item with as much of the work already done. These are the 3 items :

HELMET
This will be cast in high quality semi - rigid resin with the inside finished in either jet black or cold cast aluminium.
The T-visor and bottom ridge of the lid will be removed, sanded smooth along with the rest of the helmet which will then be sprayed with 2 coats of primer.
Moveble correct range finder and stalk, plus all metal fixings.
Correct colour T-visor cut to size.

SPRAYER
Main body will be cast in solid resin and sprayed correct grey.
The other 4 pieces that make it up, i. e. - nozzle, canister,4 row of buttons and the main red switch will all be cast in solid resin in their correct colour,so these will never need painting.
Finally all pieces will be glued in place before sending.

BLASTERS
Each will be cast in high quality resin.
Any flaws will be filled before sanding smooth and sprayed with 2 coats of primer.

I hope to put up some pics of each item this weekend,although I have added a few on "sabine wren costuming group" Facebook page.
Be great to hear from anyone interested,
All the best Marcus.
WookieDiego (Sam)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Starting a build Reply with quote

In the US and starting Sabine build for my wife. Would be interested to know more or maybe be directed to a stateside resource.
Stellar Corona ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Starting a build Reply with quote

WookieDiego wrote:
In the US and starting Sabine build for my wife. Would be interested to know more or maybe be directed to a stateside resource.

I have helmets from 3 US different sources.

The NME wrenegade is the most accurate, but may be too large for petite women with small heads (I'm 5'2" and wear a child's large or women's extra small horseback helmet, and it looks bobblehead on me). Biggest disadvantage with NME it's they typically take 4 months to complete orders. Available here: https://www.nmeprops.com/product-page/sabine

Second one I have is from Ruthless FX on etsy. It's better for small heads, but the rangefinder earcap is a little funky. It's not listed in his shop at the moment but he probably still makes them. Idon't know what general order time is since I ordered mine more than 4 years ago. https://etsy.me/3lVM9t2

My favorite is my newest one, which is the Wren from Demon Dog Studios. It comes in two sizes, and it's the most affordable option, even if you have the visor cut out, which I think outweighs the earcaps being slightly too small to be accurate. It took a couple hours, a piece of sintra, and some filler putty to correct. Just beware, they are slower on completing orders due to covid effecting Real Life jobs. https://www.demondogstudios.com/shop/p/wren-helmet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: