Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9ded2c97c279a75855b46cffd9f68982Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Phase II Fives ARC WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Animated clones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disasterbate (Dominick White)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject: Phase II Fives ARC WIP Reply with quote

Howdy, all. I've begun work on my phase II Fives build with the 3D printed route. Since 3D printing isn't exactly the norm for costume builds, I'm curious to see what sorts of challenges I'll run into during the process of this, but I guess we'll see!

As of now, I have the helmet almost entirely constructed. I bought two separate Galactic Armory files to build this: The standard animated phase II grunt for the main bulk of the helmet, and then the rangefinder from the ARC helmet. I took the main piece into Meshmixer to remove the right earpiece to make room for the rangefinder.

Oh and for the pictures, pardon my poodoo camera. Wink

Here's some close up details on the right side. There does appear to be some lines visible here, but since I've gone through the filler primer and bondo stages, I think they might just be scratches from the sanding and not actually print lines, especially since I haven't gone in yet to do the higher grit sanding that would buff those scratches out. Corners are also particularly tough, but hopefully this counts as fully finished before I move on to the next round of sanding and painting, as well as the assembly of the rangefinder.

I have the rangefinder itself assembled, more or less, I just need to glue the base down to the helmet. I've decided that because the the stem piece may not necessarily last forever, I want to leave it unglued to the base piece in case it ever breaks and needs to be replaced. Better to replace just one part than the entire rangefinder. It also looks a tad rough on the top piece there, so I'll need to give it a bit more sanding. It's just the picture I got right now. Smile

EDIT: Just realized the aerators are not pictured. But they are definitely around!
Lady Rex ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good!
NavySith ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Animated clones All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: