Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4d41291fc1bb9138cf8f67605370bcb7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Question about accent/speaking
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings -> New Recruits FAQ Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naberrie ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also hate to dig up an old thread, but just wanted to post in case this helps anyone else searching. if you want to learn to speak like Rey or any other ‘English’ accented Star Wars character.

They use an RP Accent, received pronunciation. Its a more generic upper class English accent from the mid/south. that most in radio or tv speak in as its legible and clear, and others just obviously have that accent naturally haha. If you think of an ‘English’ or ‘British’ generic accent, you’re probably thinking of RP.

I’m sure there are lots of tutorials Online if you can look up that specific wording so you can find the accent you’re looking for, but I completely agree with what was said above, and if you can’t mimic it confidently, it’s better to wait. Kids can sense your anxiousness about it.

I have quite a thick Scottish accent, and I’ve never mimicked another accent for face characters. I’ve only ever been asked about it once and that’s when I was trooping down south in England, which is understandable as it stuck out like a sore thumb hahaha.

So I would say feel free to go for it, but until you’re 100% confident in your abilities, just keep practicing. And if you don’t wanna go for it, I can guarantee you most kids won’t care at all. They’ll just be happy to see Rey/Leia/Obi-wan or any other character. And you’ll be the vessel for that! Smile either way, I’m sure you’ll still go down great
Member; RAID, UCGR, KJO, RLGS.
she/they
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings -> New Recruits FAQ Area All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: