Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2c87eaedbaef719ed41feaf3bbcc8a10Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Original Trilogy Nien Nunb
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Railok (Stefan Aguirre)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding onto the discussion of the flight-cap, there should be some pointers as to the detailing on the cap. There are clear images (https://i.imgur.com/Jcz5E6G.png) of the back of the cap which shows different detailing than what is otherwise assumed. This should arguably be included in a CRL for accuracy.
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to the mask, we have some judges who have been helping with this so I'm going to leave that question for them. I feel like they're better positioned to answer it than me.

For the back of the hat - that's a great photo. Thank you. I haven't made this costume. For the stripe details, are those felled seams or is that a separate leather piece that is sewn on top?
Railok (Stefan Aguirre)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amelia wrote:

For the back of the hat - that's a great photo. Thank you. I haven't made this costume. For the stripe details, are those felled seams or is that a separate leather piece that is sewn on top?

It appears to be separate leather pieces on the sides, while the center stripe appears to be felled.
genxwingpodcast ()

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

My name is Rob Williams. I am currently building a Nien Nunb ROTJ costume myself. Thank you so much for all the great detail and work you all put in to this. It has made my job so much easier.

I am currently working on a YouTube show called The Outer Rim Rookie (Generation X-Wing Podcast channel), where I will document my journey to putting this together and all the mistakes along the way. This is part 2. Part one was building a Scout Trooper costume with my friend Terry Chui.

With your help and a lot of extra research, I hope to find success within the year.

I originally started with a costume that was made by a friend. after spending some time with it, I chose to revamp 85% of it.

i found the hardest part of this is building something there is very little pictures and resources on, at least ROTJ.

Thank you again for all your hard work and I hope to do you proud

Rob Williams - TB 55077
Outer Rim Garrison (BC, Can)

Generation X-Wing Podcast - Outer Rim Rookie
"Armor, and co-pilots, are built on hope"
genxwingpodcast ()

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flight suit question for ROTJ version.

Is the B wing flight suit a match for the original version of NN?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: