Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9e41367367f366a67e41da33855ccfb5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

We have a new transfer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Takodana Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thejackal327 (Jackie Elwer-Bernal)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject: We have a new transfer Reply with quote

Please welcome Sam, Keivan Mereel, to Idaho Falls. Glad to have you join Takodana, Sam!

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4348
ionicdesign (Michael)
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sam. We hope all went well with the move. Smile

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 * LCJ * Takodana Base XO * A. Legion Webmaster
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move went well, and we are settled and ready for school to begin. Looking forward to getting involved with the troopers out here in Eastern Idaho!
ionicdesign (Michael)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kievan Mereel wrote:
Move went well, and we are settled and ready for school to begin. Looking forward to getting involved with the troopers out here in Eastern Idaho!

Excellent, are you teaching or studying and what subject/s?

Foreshadow (Emily Hyde)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome! Do you know anyone here already? How did you get to be a costume judge? Where did you move from?
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd been making Star Wars costumes for halloween since I was in middle school. I got into the Rebel Legion while in college at USU, after I met a bus driver who was in the 501st and who invited me to a joint event. This was back in 2006, and Utah/Idaho were still part of Colorado's Mountain Base (pretty sure). I was a part of Utah creating Rogue Base, and saw Idaho/Montana create Takodana. I've been good friends with Michael and Brita Capell from this time.

My emphasis has been on researching costumes (usually from computer games) and providing material for costume standards. I'm more handy with a computer than I am with sewing. Makes sense since I was going to school in Computer Science and online education.

After college I got a job as an Instructional Designer in online higher education and moved to the Washington DC area. I was there for 7 years and was a part of Virginia's well-established Freedom Base, and assisted West Virginia creating Amancane base. The club has grown a lot with all the films coming out and it's been neat to be a part of all these bases being created.

Eventually we got tired of paying so much airfare to fly back home and see grandparents, so I got permission to be fully remote about a year before COVID and moved back. I lived in a family home in Utah for a year saving up for a house.

About this time I saw the LMO put out a call for judges. With all the costume research I'd done for so many years I put in an application, and was accepted. Onboarding was really good because they had a whole batch of new judges and we got trained well. They're always looking for more people to lighten the load however! Contact the LMO (whoever it will be after elections) if interested.

We bought our home in Idaho Falls earlier this year during quarantine. I know a few people here, mostly from the 501st, but I remember Bernie F (Red Four). Looking forward to meeting everyone else!
ionicdesign (Michael)

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is excellent you were about to do that with work Sam. Glad to have you closer again.

As to Judges, yes always looking for quality people to be LCJ, like Sam. Contact the LMO after elections to make yourself available if interested.

ladyb (Brita Capell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back this way, we hope all is well for you and your family over there.

...she may have saved us...we lost our way...She [was] a true friend of the Jedi...
—Obi-wan Kenobi about Asajj Ventress
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Takodana Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: