About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fe79135071d8aec2fb77e8905a45f234Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Bowcaster in progress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Bowcaster in progress Reply with quote

I took this project on for a friend here in the NYC Area. He's got a Lucas Approved Chewie costume And needed a weapon. I'm doing it on a tight budget, so there were limitations on getting it perfect.

Well, I couldn't find the correct crossbow, but I did find one a little more affordable, and the conversions going pretty good. This is what it looks like right now.

I am using key rings for the sling attachments. The Crossbow has been deactivated. The trigger removed from the firing system, and then several springs cut or removed. I then filled in the bolt launching area with plumbers putty. Also squared off the front end and added the front sight with the same putty.

I am using a resin single point scope along with 2 Solo ANH Hero Scopes to make the triple scope set up. Using the putty to create the scope rings. (working on that right now)

So, whatcha think?

Last edited by Reaper on Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*STANDING OVATION!!!!! Dance Chewie Falcon

AWSOME!!!!!!!
Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you approve lol

Triple scope is coming along nicely I have the three scopes attached to each other, and over the next few days I'll form the actual scope rings. Already have the attachment to the crossbow worked out.

Next thing, 2 racket balls. Gotta put the balls on the ends of the bow.
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for Darren, I assume, or did someone else in New England finish a Wookiee suit?

What are you using for the base XBow? Doesn't look like the Barnett or any of the Horton bows people are using, yet surprisingly close.

Most of the knobs on the side are various electronics dials that have all been identified. I have reference pics and info on my Chewie page: Chewie Bowcaster Info.

Peter claims that the spheres are raquetballs and they are the right size and even have the seem (they were added so he wouldn't poke himself). I assume you are going for the ANH version since you have removed the string (which I always liked best).

For myself I'm planning on buying the MR replica when it comes out later this year, seeing as how the correct xbow has yet to be positively identified and the most likely candidate is so rare I'll never find one.

Great work, Ed.
Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Manufacture On the box, it says it's a CF-120 150 lb Crossbow. Found it on Ebay, spent about $50 on it.

It's not for Darren, It's for a New York Area Chewie, Matt Smith. He was the Chewie present when I presented George Lucas the Honorary membership. (And was prasied for the costume)

The biggest difference here would be the front section, as you can see I had to square up the front and the cut out area isn't as big as the real Crossbow. Because of this, I'm not sure how many of the do dads and greebles fromt he real crossbow I'm going to be able to get onto it.
Moff_D ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how's it coming?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slow at the moment, Had some issues come up here. And got sidetracked.

I have been able to finish the triple scope set up (using a single point and 2 ANH Hero Solo Scopes) And then mount it to the cross bow.

I'm still looking to get the balls for the ends of the bow and then I'll see how many of the greebles I'll be able to fit on the crossbow.
Reaper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the project's been on hold for a while, due to a couple of reasons, but like I said,m I have been able to attach the scopes. Here are pics of the scopes

Feedback is always welcome.

as a side note, thius might be up for sale, so, if interested, Email or PM me Smile That would kick me in the rear and get me to finish it lol

Last edited by Reaper on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Reaper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, officially the project has been abandoned. The Chewie this was going to changed his mind. So, if anyone is interested, it's availible, either as is, or I'm willing to finish it for you.

PM or email for details

etoc630@hotmail.com
Chi-Town Wookie ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmed/emailed on buying it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: