Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=feee98d9e9d42a4021912350bcb68c92Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

General Dodonna approved

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Original Trilogy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gregory ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: General Dodonna approved Reply with quote

A couple of weeks ago I put together my General Dodonna costume. It was a quick project and I'm happy to report it was approved.

I sourced most of the material (not counting the belt buckle) either from things I already had or from the thrift store in the form of cotton curtains.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RpyngXEcqmx6XAeUA

The shirt I made from a simple pattern in a rather thick cotton twill. I winged it for the bib front.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RduN9YJHT6SZs3bKA

For the jacket I used a safari jacket pattern and modified it a bit at the collar and used a single piece instead of two for the back, as well as a change for the dark part that goes over the shoulder which I made one piece. I made the rank badge from Sintra sheet PVC and some red acrylic for the pips.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/irJNvPgrGgXS8Acs6

Overall the look is pretty good, eventually I'll make the duster as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9n72yWygmGwgqfTu9
Olympia, WA, USA
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting some build info! Do you have any process pictures you would be willing to share for how you made your rank badge? That's something I bet a lot of people would find really helpful. Smile
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge), ANH General, Mirax Terrik, Lyra Erso
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh, where did you get those great boots?
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelLady wrote:
Thanks for posting some build info! Do you have any process pictures you would be willing to share for how you made your rank badge? That's something I bet a lot of people would find really helpful. Smile

I'll see what I can do. I didn't take detailed process pics but will make something. I can't seem to get my google photos to show in my posts, sorry you have to click through.
Olympia, WA, USA
Gregory ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
Ohh, where did you get those great boots?

They're womens' size US13, I wear a mens' US11, from Payless online (they may be out of business). They were intended for women with larger calves than me so I had to take them in at the back. Also I removed the buckle/straps (3 per boot) to make them approvable. Previously I used them for my Old Ben Kenobi because they didn't show.
Olympia, WA, USA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Original Trilogy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: