Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=21b17eafa82eaa4885647d987074aab5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

BS conversion advice on design

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flyboy101 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject: BS conversion advice on design Reply with quote

Hi ya...
New to the forums but was wondering if you could help me.
I would like to design my colour scheme and markings in line with the resistance pilot helmet designs and I would to know if I have to get it approved first and how do I do that? Is there a thread submission for designs somewhere here and is there a blank template somewhere I can use.
Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks 😎
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember someone making a blank Resistance X-wing pilot helmet template but I can't seem to find it now. But you don't technically have to get your design approved first, though it's not a bad idea to get feedback on your design.

The requirements for custom helmet paint scheme designs are no real world font, no real world logos or insignias, no foul language in Star Wars letters (and yes, some of us here can read Aurebesh Razz), and it's usually best to not use too many bright or neon colors. Also, no additional non-canon elements should be added to the helmet, so don't affix big jewels or something like that to it. The helmet should look like it fits in the universe. If the helmet was seen in the movie with other pilots, would the helmet look out of place? If so then the design should be toned down.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SSR78 (Jeremy Chang)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a while looking for one before I gave up and cleaned one up I found on google. It's not perfect, but it worked out for me.

(apparently, this guy made this drawing but his site (http://bigbangdesignguy.com/) no longer works.)
Flyboy101 ()

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject: RE: BS conversion advice on design Reply with quote

Alex and Jeremy...
Thank you ..that is some really good advice and the Jeremy thank you for the template..that will really help others too I'm sure.
If possible I'll come to you guys with an idea I have for design and get your feedback. Alex..totally will be keeping it in line with the Star Wars world line..iv seen some aweful things done to helmets..and you think.. Whyyyy would you do that to such an amazing lid. Yes.. no jewels..no weird stuff lol.

Again.. thanks and stay safe
Will update you soon.

Cheers
😎
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: