Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d1bb3b35f6c95a68494e7a701ab80f1aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Back on the RL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Rex ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Back on the RL Reply with quote

Greetings!

I'd like to re-introduce myself, but since it's been such a long time since I've been on the boards, it's probably a new intro! Cool

I'm active at TDH and C.net under the user name Bountys Hunted.

I'm Rex, been involved in SW Costuming for several years, as well as other Sci-fi, Lotr, Superheros, Ghostbusters, etc.

Been out of it for awhile, due to an unwanted divorce and the resulting upheaval.

I'm now back in full swing into costuming again, and tremendously enjoying myself!!

Going absolutely bonkers in costuming! In the past year, I've done:

2 Batsuits-
Colonial Marines-
Ghostbusters-
Captain America-
Aragorn at Helm's Deep
Gondorian Ranger-
Deathstar Construction Worker-

Nearly complete is a 41st Clone-
ESB Boba Fett is nearing completion after a 5 years.

In the works is a Republic Commando Omega Squad.

Still have my Jedi, based on Qui-Gon Jinn ('cept without the hair...) wink2

But, one that I'm really proud of is my just nearly completed (98%) Endor Commando!! Cool

I'll be debuting it at DCon, and am very much looking forward to meeting whose ever going to be there!

I hope to do more events w/ the Endor Base in the upcoming months/years.

I was also in a fan film this past year, as a Colonial Marine based on the Aliens films. It was a ton of fun, filming in front of a blue screen, etc. A really great experience! The film is Dropzone Copernicus and is currently in post production. Which got pushed waaay back, as the laptop all the editing was done on, was stolen out of the vehicle it was in. Confused Surprised
Fortunantly, the film itself was on another harddrive, but all the editing has to be re-done...

Screen costuming, is there a better hobby?!

Very Happy Very Happy

take care all,

-Rex
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back to the Base Rex Smile It sounds like from your list you may hang out at the ASAP boards? (Ghostbusters and Colonial Marine?). I've been working on Battlestar costumes of late myself and doing most research through the ASAP. Just finished my own set of Duty Blues.

Wow, two Endor Base members attending Dragon Con. Right on. Not sure if I'll spot you though?

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Jedi Rex ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome! I haven't been over much at the ASAP boards, got my Ghostbusters outfit from a fellow Colonial Marine. Our forum is the Aliens Legacy. It's a real good bunch! Cool We had a great time at DCon!

I think we met at the RL photo shoot, didn't we? That was fun.

Battlestar Galactica? Man, I was watching a buddy, Dana, sew like mad, trying to get Viper pilot uni's done. He spent most of Thurs night, all day Fri and Fri night working on them. Man, they were beautiful though!! Just dead-on accurate!

He got his BSG Dress Blues that Sun night, and man, they were gorgeous, just incredible!!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was nice meeting you at the D*Con RL photo shoot Rex. I'll probably get photos posted some time next week. There are over 1,000 I have to sort through.

Oh, I have met Dana. He's been a big help with the Battlestar costuming (although I still don't have green viper pilot vinyl, so I may have to sell off all the components I've gotten and scrap that project *cry*) I'm surprised I didn't run into he and Jose at D*Con. Wanted to check their Viper pilot outfits in person. It was a frustrating year. I kept missing people, panels, and parties I'd planned on seeing (including the BSG party I'd been planning on for a year) It was much more crowded this year.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Jedi Rex ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya!! I've got to do my photos too!

Dana spent most of the Con sewing up the Viper pilot outfits. I'd bring him sustenance... Cool I did see him and Jose in SST outfits, but not the Vipers. I did get a pic of Dana Sunday night, in his "just got it" BSG Dress Blues outfit. It was incredible!! Impeccably done!

It is really hard to see everyone and everything at DCon. Even without the Hyatt's goons anti-pic, anti-con goers policies, it's just very, very difficult to spend quality time if you've interests in multiple costume types.

This year, I was Star Wars, Colonial Marines, Batman and Deathstar Construction Worker (which was a blast!!)

Next year, probably more of the same, but don't think Bats will make it. Depends...the outfit was unbearably hot and nearly passed out after only an hour... Crying or Very sad

Tooooo many outfits, toooooo many changes, tooooooo much shipping costs or oversize shipping charges by airline. United hit me for $100 each on my two crates! I was stunned, but had no choice.
On the way back, Delta just did two $25 charges for overweight...I can handle that!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: