Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=685a90da6be1a10411f1302c0bde1422Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Sabine Wren S1 Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gungnirs Flight ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject: Sabine Wren S1 Build Reply with quote

Hi Folks

What turned from a Sabine Helmet build from Santa has turned into a full build for my daughter. She is currently 5`4. I am going to build it adult size based on Etiyanas templates so she is able to grow into it. She has quite a few years before she can join the RL but has a few troops under the belt as a GA member. I am trying to build it to meet the RL standards. So far I only have the helm. It has an issue with the range finder which I have to remodel. It is a 3D printed PETG make. Looking to make the armour out of sintra.

What do people use as a visor and for a lining on the inside of the helmet.

IMG-6757 by Jade Pembo, on Flickr

IMG-6758 by Jade Pembo, on Flickr

IMG-6756 by Jade Pembo, on Flickr

IMG-6760 (1) by Jade Pembo, on Flickr
Gungnirs Flight ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the helmet largely done. Moving onto the body armour.Never tried this before and was a great to try to learn a new skill. Made it from the PVC sheet and the shoulders from 4" (100mm) PVC pipe. I did not like the shape of the first shoulders so I recut a better shape going of screen shots.

I have given them a coat of black specialty plastic primer, then 2 coats of aluminium for the base colour.Looking at the screen shots the body armour is a shade of colour in between the Wine Gum and Purple of the helm.

Have makers out there given it a base coat of the pink then a dusting of the darker purple or have you used a whole new colour entirely.

IMG_6813 by Jade Pembo, on Flickr

IMG_6879 by Jade Pembo, on Flickr
Evaarla Kal (Emily)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically welding visors are used in mando helmets. Just make a paper template and then cut it out. As for padding, there are many options. Some people use foam, some use those hard hat rigs, some use motorcycle padding. For my custom mando I made all my own helmet padding from quilt batting, but for Sabine I actually found that I didn't need padding because of the wig, just a piece of batting at the top to grip the wig so the helmet doesn't slip and slide around. Hope that helps.

Armour plates are looking good so far.
Gungnirs Flight ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Emily I found the welding visor and go it in. Helmet just needs some internal padding, weathering and the 3 black stripes at the back.

On a good note I have just been approved in the RL as a Bith Musician.

Started to paint the armour. The peices have 2 coats of stain black plastic primer, 2 coats of silver, added some toothpaste weathering. I then gave it 2 coats of the Purple Rain and a dusting of the Wine Gum. Due the dark contrast in colour the Wine Gum came up really speckled and dotty. Just went back to the Purple Rain. Before I go any further what do you folks think?

Was thinking to add some grey weathering powder and sealer after everything was done.

IMG_6957 by Jade Pembo, on Flickr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: