Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=808e90f77cb2f16f3f32b120bdadc817Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Generic Jedi- New Here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaderqueenzamora ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Generic Jedi- New Here Reply with quote

Hello everyone, during this "work from home" time, I want to do a generic jedi. I have very little experience with sewing so I am going to go for making an outfit via amazon. My color scheme I am going for is black with dusty pink. Please let me know it would be approvable. Thanks Smile

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0797NH3SS/?coliid=IER9H7HFNXJB3&colid=3IKFTYK90XPOB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R28V9XL/?coliid=INPAY03HVSJ9C&colid=3IKFTYK90XPOB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GYYJ57P/?coliid=I1N9RIZTMH3IKQ&colid=3IKFTYK90XPOB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078J6VPCY/?coliid=I24YQGF8A0NRQ1&colid=3IKFTYK90XPOB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WNWJ562/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07WNWJ562&pd_rd_w=u7W10&pf_rd_p=48d372c1-f7e1-4b8b-9d02-4bd86f5158c5&pd_rd_wg=Mx3Mu&pf_rd_r=7K72CQ4RW0C9X61JT8A3&pd_rd_r=f2465cbd-8544-40ef-8cbd-2e6d97cc819d&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE3Wkc3WDdGQVlOUEcmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA0MDQzOTgxTUZHTDNXRFRETE9TJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTEwMTIwMjQySU4yUEs4U1Y1RkZLJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
vaderqueenzamora ()

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update! I ditched that idea from previous post. I got a sewing machine and light grey and dusty pink fabric. I want to do a Ki Adi style tunic. I have a vendor in mind for the belt & thinking of doing ultrasaber for my saber
ionicdesign (Michael)
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, the colour might be an issue, do you have an image of the pink fabric?

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 LCJ Takodana Base XO A. Legion Webmaster
vaderqueenzamora ()

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ionicdesign"]Sounds good, the colour might be an issue, do you have an image of the pink fabric?
quote]

Itís not a bright pink, itís a dull. Iíve seen another approved Jedi with a dull dark pink.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lgEiDoZGcozZkmguxoSNS8hlJ2jkXhyd/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KKaUKrvQVhs3S6uuSKBOuhS2hwjI1ifn/view?usp=drivesdk
ionicdesign (Michael)

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah very good, looks a bit rusty, that should be fine, just don't pair with black and you're good. Ben

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 LCJ Takodana Base XO A. Legion Webmaster
vaderqueenzamora ()

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ionicdesign wrote:
Ah very good, looks a bit rusty, that should be fine, just don't pair with black and you're good. Ben

Iím pair it with my surcoat with light grey, belt and boots black.
vaderqueenzamora ()

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the surcoat, is it mandatory to have a good?
jasnoksieznik (Michal)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With the surcoat, is it mandatory to have a good?

you mean hood?

Generic jedi standard:
Quote:
d. Sleeveless outer tunics may be fastened at the front and have an attached hood (recommended), though a hood is not compulsory. No vests, or sleeveless V-neck type sweaters may be worn as a sleeveless OT. A sleeveless OT should be surcoat or standard OT style in length. (Ki Adi Mundi and Sarrissa Jeng are examples of surcoat style OTís.)

So it is not absolutely mandatory. An otherwise screen accurate costume will probably pass. If you allow yourself too many freedoms, your costume may get rejected in the end (note: sewing my generic jedi costume took 40-60hours for two people).
Better contact a judge in beforehand, if you plan to do something unorthodox.

Regarding Ultrasabers, I've made a rather bad experience recently. Most spectacular part of it is waiting over two months for an entry level "stunt saber" instead of 3-4 weeks and getting it only after threatening them via Paypal. Digging through their forums, you can find people that ordered in January and are still waiting.
On the other hand, you will find many positive reviews as well. PM me, if you explicitly want a rather bad review, with no comparison to other sabersmiths. I consider it too much to post it in this peace-loving forum, especially if it has been already published where it belongs.
vaderqueenzamora ()

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do want to do a hood, just ran out of fabric for the color. Fabric store is a mad house right now. I am thinking of doing a hood the same color of as my inner tunic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: