Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cafc3151e1ccc589607c94884f284d5bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

All Obi-wans in Marvelous Designer/Clo3D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janglesworthy ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject: All Obi-wans in Marvelous Designer/Clo3D Reply with quote

Hey Guys, this is my first post here. I'm starting a project that is a little different than what everyone else is doing here. I'm making episode 1-3 obi-wan/qui-gon in marvelous designer.

I don't know really anything about sewing/pattern making and I've based my work off some patterns I have found floating around the net.
I'm using autodesk's maya default male basemesh which scales in at 5'10". It has pretty average body mass and is easily available to all.

My hope is to learn some pattern/sewing from you all and also make this an open source project for any and all who wish to add to it. If I can find somewhere to host the files I'll upload the MD patterns and avatar. MD isn't very real world accurate but CLO is, I think you can import MD to CLO and adjust from there.

This picture represents my block out of all the shirt/pants patterns and place holder boots so help get an idea of how the pants will gather/tuck.

Here's another variation relaxed with out tabs/belt

Janglesworthy ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been kinda stuck on getting the shoulder tuck to work on the top tunic
So far this is that I came up with on the left vs just leaving it w/o tuck on the ​
right. I tried sewing the sleeve onto an internal line I offset from the shoulder and adding a flap then merging it back into the pattern.

[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: