Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b3fa5891ccc614e0c85c184389ffd426Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Reposting because I may have posted this in the wrong place

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kanaan Saira ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reposting because I may have posted this in the wrong place Reply with quote

So I'm also working on a Mando for the mercs while I'm thinking about a Jedi as well and I was wondering how acceptable a more "tactical" looking jedi would be. Something similar to what Ezra/Kanaan wore.

I ask because I know technically they were either unaware they were Jedi (Ezra) or trying to hide their status (Kanaan).

Also thinking something like the Kyle Katarn in the CRLS: http://newsite.rebellegion.com/kyle-katarn-star-wars-tales/

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/kyle-katarn-jedi-knight-dark-forces-ii/

Basically I just like the more tactical look and wanted to go that direction.
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best I could tell you, for that, would be to look up the game Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. There's four or five races and sexes each with four or five options for tops and bottoms in the character creator. The game itself uses a random assortment of these options for background Jedi at the Academy. Whether these are admissible in the Rebel Legion or not is another story.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a sketch of what I was thinking. Excuse my terrible drawing skills.

Dangams (David)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it sounds like a cool idea, to be eligible for approval as a Rebel Legion costume, you'd need to provide official LFL reference images. And for a generic costume like this, the references would need to feature two or three non-face character Jedi. So I'm afraid that you probably wouldn't be able to do this as a Rebel Legion costume, but don't let that stop you from making it and wearing independently if that's what you want to do!

But for the short answer, if you want to do something like your sketch with the Rebel Legion, your best bet would be to make a specific Kanan, Ezra, or Kyle costume.

Cleared Costumes:
Generic Jedi
Jedi Knight/Star Forge Revan
X-Wing Pilot
Jedi General
Kanaan Saira ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basing the costume off of Kyle Katarn but not making an exact copy doesn't count? even though Katarn is an approved character?
ionicdesign (Michael)
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kanaan Saira wrote:
So basing the costume off of Kyle Katarn but not making an exact copy doesn't count? even though Katarn is an approved character?

Kanan and Kyle are approvable, as those face characters. Things in the vein of are not unless there is a standard based on LFL references for such a type or uniform.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 LCJ Takodana Base XO A. Legion Webmaster
Kanaan Saira ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So even though there are face characters who are approvable, generic jedi costumes based off of them even if they conform to similar styles to the face characters are not approvable?

seems a bit overly rigid no?
ionicdesign (Michael)

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kanaan Saira wrote:
So even though there are face characters who are approvable, generic jedi costumes based off of them even if they conform to similar styles to the face characters are not approvable?

seems a bit overly rigid no?

Not really no. They are Jedi in hiding, they don't have a uniform as it were, they are hiding.

Face characters in this instance is fine. A custom design, isn't, at least not for the RL. If you'd like to design one and make it, please do, have fun, enjoy it. It just doesn't fit within the RL Character for reference and approvalable costumes.

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/costume-standards/jedi/

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/legion-charter/

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 LCJ Takodana Base XO A. Legion Webmaster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: