Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=553dea3ae73b623e453a579be42d9850Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[New] Jyn Erso - Eadu
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Standard Name: Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Primary Detachment: Docking Bay 94
Submission Date: (Date standard is submitted to the LMO team
Existing Standard URL: Not Applicable

Front Image
URL: https://reportejedi.net/app/uploads/2016/08/Empire-6-JynErso.jpg
Source: Rogue One Promotional Image

Back / Second View Image
URL:
Source:

Character Description
Jyn Erso was a human female soldier and former criminal who became a pivotal member of the Alliance to Restore the Republic when she led Rogue One in stealing the Death Star plans during the Battle of Scarif.

(Source: Wookieepedia - https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jyn_Erso)

Required Items

Concho
Item Image URL: https://reportejedi.net/app/uploads/2016/08/Empire-6-JynErso.jpg

Required Details
- concho is made of coated cotton
- concho includes badge detail
--- There are rows of topstitching around the badge
- Concho Front
--- Concho has kimono-styled front, wrapping right over left with a hidden fastener on the left hip.
------ The crossed pieces have a wide lapel (word? unsure?) that has five rows of topstitching
--- All topstitching is in a thick, light orange/burnished yellow/gold thread.
--- Front concho length comes to mid-thigh.
--- There is a mock belt sewn onto the right poncho flap, sitting on the costumer's natural waist.
------ Width of mock belt is around 6cm and has 7 rows of topstitching. (OR waist detail with five rows of topstitching)
--- There thick trim on the right poncho flap, beginning beneath the hood and ending just above the mock topstitched belt.
--- Trim has 5 topstitching lines and is a similar width as the mock belt.
--- Concho has a rectangular pocket beginning just beneath the right shoulder, running parallel with the band.
------ Pocket is topstitched.
--- There is a smaller pocket on the left shoulder, containing a silver badge. (?) Smaller pocket is also topstitched.
--- Beneath the belt, front of poncho has two large decorative rectangles in same thread as topstitching.
--- Bottom center of concho front has the reverse side of two large snaps.
--- Perimeter of concho has 2 rows of topstitching above the belt, and one row of topstitching beneath the belt.
- Concho Collar
--- Concho has a mandarin collar with at least 5 rows of topstitching.
--- Collar closes with a pointed tab, left-over-right with a hidden closure.
- Concho Back
--- Concho back is a square, and when it hangs, has the appearance of a reverse U, with the middle hitting just below mid-thigh and the ends reaching just below the knee/mid-calf.
--- Concho back has two rows of topstitching down the middle and one outer row of topstitching.
--- Concho back is the same piece the sleeves.
--- There is no shoulder seam, but a single seam to create 3/4ths of a sleeve, with the armpit area open.
- Concho Hood
--- Concho has a 3 pieced hood, with a large center panel.
--- Hood is topstitched on the edges and seams
--- The hood tucks under the collar
--- The ends of the hood sit freely on the shoulders in a square shape

Optional Details
- Collar closes with (4) snaps.
- Inside of poncho sleeves has 8 rows of topstitching or more.
- greeblies on the left square end of the hood.

Additional Images
URL: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e4/3b/07/e43b077c8480a1e6e740c9905b839acb.jpg

URL: https://i.imgur.com/6SEIgUr.jpg
Source: Rogue One

URL: https://i.imgur.com/rK6D6ze.jpg

URL: https://i.imgur.com/pL7LEld.jpg

Gloves
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- Brown finger-less gloves similar to the Black Diamond ‘Stone’ gloves, with the strap altered to remove the logo and replace the Velcro with a snap. Gloves have been weathered darker than the original tan.
- Straps should be roughly 1″ (2.5 cm) wide and be secured with snaps. Straps have the finger-side corner cut off.
- Both gloves have a circular detail added to the back of the hand. The left is stitching only. The right has the circle cut out and replaced by two differently toned half circles of darker leather.

Optional Details
- None

Goggles
Item Image URL: https://reportejedi.net/app/uploads/2016/08/Empire-6-JynErso.jpg

Required Details
- Vintage Cebe 15 or similar.
- Goggles are white.
- Goggles have two silver snaps that are close together on the nose.
- Goggles have indents on either side that turn in, and two black plastic pieces on top.
- Goggle frames are weathered gray (it is silver on the Eadu toys) with scratching on the lenses.
- Lenses are dark, not clear and not amber.
- Goggles are attached by leather tabs with two lines of stitching on each tab, also weathered, and an elastic all around them, replacing the brand’s elastic.

Optional Details
- None

Additional Images
URL: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e4/3b/07/e43b077c8480a1e6e740c9905b839acb.jpg

URL: https://66.media.tumblr.com/c8b1fd6c31343ccb70076f3b0950fb18/6ea27ef34f863050-f8/s500x750/0537a0ba0d8a857afb952a75ea93e87aa3000e70.png
Source: Source: Rogue One Costume Display (used with permission from instarlight)

URL: https://66.media.tumblr.com/130528f3b2ee69cb64a9f93755be77e2/6ea27ef34f863050-2c/s500x750/4f42bbf3ffed2a87aad4585f1b54569d3a3dca1c.jpg
Source: Rogue One Costume Display (used with permission from instarlight)

Cap
Item Image URL: https://66.media.tumblr.com/130528f3b2ee69cb64a9f93755be77e2/6ea27ef34f863050-2c/s500x750/4f42bbf3ffed2a87aad4585f1b54569d3a3dca1c.jpg

Required Details
- Cap is Cotton Drill or similar appearing fabric
- WWII German M43 Field Cap with Endor-like quilting at the top (rows of narrow parallel quilting)
- flashlight greeblie on the left side of the cap

Optional Details
- None

Additional Images
URL: https://66.media.tumblr.com/c8b1fd6c31343ccb70076f3b0950fb18/6ea27ef34f863050-f8/s500x750/0537a0ba0d8a857afb952a75ea93e87aa3000e70.png
Source: Source: Rogue One Costume Display (used with permission from instarlight)

Boots
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- Plain dark brown combat boots with two matching leather flaps covering the laces. (Frye brand “Veronica Combat Boots” or similar.) Top flap is held closed with hidden fasteners. Bottom flap is cut out on the outside corners. Both flaps have top-stitching around the edges.
- Bottom flap of boot has screen-accurate buckle. The buckle’s bail (wire piece) is attached with a loop of leather sewn into the flap. The ‘box’ parts of the buckle are black and the ‘wire’ parts are silver.
- Boots may have discrete inner zipper.

Optional Details
- None

Bandolier & Bag

Required Details
- has a set of two clips (same as the ones used for the goggles) connected to a metal o ring at the center
- the tonfa hangs off a third near the bag
- Bandolier (approx 2-2.5 inch wide) starts on right shoulder and ends behind/near bag on left hip. Bandolier may be a continuous piece with a back strap, like a traditional bandolier, or have hidden connections at start and end points.
-The first piece of the bandolier holds (5) jacket grenades. It looks to be a shotgun shell holder.
-A 1-inch wide piece of cotton webbing connects the jacket grenades holster to the german dagger clip. This webbing also has an offshoot piece of webbing that holds Jyn's com link, and the webbing opens/closes with a snap.
-A longer piece of webbing, connected to another piece of webbing through some sort of slider clip.
-This third piece of webbing has the tonfa offshoot.
-All bandolier items are in the military green variety and are weathered to the same color.
-Exact lengths and measurements of webbing will depend on the wearer.
- communicator is held in a fabric loop that closes with a snap

Optional Details
- None

Breathing Mask
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- Similar model to ESB and TFA on the Falcon
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Additional Images

Pants
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- Pants are faded black (black, dark grey, or very dark blue accepted) cotton/denim with a wide high-waisted waistband with tab. Tab should line up with center front seam on the right leg. Pants have center front and back seams on each leg, in addition to the inseam and outer leg seam. Pants reach just to the tops of the boots.
- Just below the knee is a grey/white/cream horizontal strap in a casing made of the same fabric as the pants. The strap is only visible outside the casing on the outside of each leg and has a black military style slide buckle and two tan/gray printed, embroidered, or suede rectangles on the front edge of the casing.
- Below the strap and casing are at least 8 vertical pin-tucks on the outside front quarter of the leg that narrow at the ankle.
- No visible pockets allowed.

Optional Details
- None

Item
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- One
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Optional Items

Blaster
Item Image URL: https://thefword.org.uk/content/uploads/2016/12/AN1-262929_R.jpg

Required Details:
- E11 (stormtrooper - for best accuracy, purchase secondhand from 501st approved TK)

Costume Resources
Reference Photo Gallery -
Jyn Erso Page –

I think I got most of these? There were some questions and I didn't have an answer for those.

Is the jacket visible (required) or can it be an optional item?
Pamelibrarian ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, it is 7 rows of stitching on the mock belt.

I just pulled up the movie on my phone and you can see the jacket cuffs when she’s talking to Galen as he’s dying. My phone also refuses to properly screenshot anything so ... yeah. I can try to get a pic tomorrow.
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we think it would be appropriate to allow mock cuffs and optional full jacket?

I know we have members in lots of different climates and I'm thinking a full jacket under the concho could be a lot for some of our warmer climate Jyns.

I'd also assume that most Jyns will have the jacket, but some may not build Jedha first.
Pamelibrarian ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amelia wrote:
Do we think it would be appropriate to allow mock cuffs and optional full jacket?

I know we have members in lots of different climates and I'm thinking a full jacket under the concho could be a lot for some of our warmer climate Jyns.

I'd also assume that most Jyns will have the jacket, but some may not build Jedha first.

Hmm, I'm not sure how that would work? I definitely get what you're saying about the heat factor though. As the crazy person who wore a wool cape over a furry jacket last July in the Carolinas, anything to cut down on bulk is definitely welcome.

Out of curiosity, if we can't see the shirt at all, must it be worn? Could they wear a dark tank top with the jacket instead for more breathability? (If they don't have a sleeveless blouse, which I still must make, dangit)

I'm trying to figure out how you would make mock cuffs because the concho "sleeves" are like ... sort of sleeves but not really? Attaching them to the concho seems like it would be awkward to wear.
fleurderys ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks great!!

Yeah, I agree, the shirt shouldn't be required. it is wayyy too hot and you can't see it at all. I wear a tank top under the jacket when I Eadu and it's still extremely warm.

You do see the jacket or color of the jacket in two places: the cuffs but also under the arms when you lift them since there's a gaping hole there (not nearly as visible, but still visible at certain angles depending on how you move your arms). I think suggesting the jacket or something that gives the appearance of the green jacket in those two places would work (leave it up to the costumer how to pull that off if they don't want to fool with the Jedha jacket?).
natblack (Natalie Black)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I got in here to review this, I was considering my own build - specifically the issue with the jacket and warm climates.

I'm in FL and I was thinking of trying some kind of mock cuff idea myself, but the sleeves of the poncho aren't the best for that sort of thing. I was tossing around the idea of creating the jacket sleeves from elbow down and adding them to an olive/drab long sleeve cotton t-shirt (or some other breathable fabric). This would help by foregoing all the layers while still getting the right look. Adding them to a matching long sleeve t would also help with the color possibly showing under the arms.
Instagram: @natblack1971 and @crosswindscosplay
jen0farc ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband's Krennic poncho has a similar idea ... the only part of the uniform tunic you can see underneath the poncho is the sleeves. To avoid him overheating I made just the uniform tunic sleeves out of a garbadine, then got a cheap dri-fit running shirt from Wal-Mart, cut off the running shirt sleeves, and sewed on the ones I made. So now he has uniform sleeves but a cool torso, and you can never tell when he wears it. It worked out so perfectly I thought I would do the same with a Jyn jacket under Eadu but just never got around to it. (Also I am the type who is always, always freezing so there is less urgency for me to have this alternate)

But back to the topic of the Eadu Jyn standard. I also don't think the shirt should be required but you do need to see jacket cuffs. What if it said something like, "required jacket: Same as Jedha Jyn. Only the lower arm sleeves/cuffs of the jacket are visible." Keeping it short simple could allow applicant inclusivity, both a full jacket and people who want to be sleeve creative/control temperature. As well as preventing over-zealous judges from dinging an applicant who doesn't have a full jacket. Just an idea
natblack (Natalie Black)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jen0farc wrote:
I also don't think the shirt should be required but you do need to see jacket cuffs. What if it said something like, "required jacket: Same as Jedha Jyn. Only the lower arm sleeves/cuffs of the jacket are visible." Keeping it short simple could allow applicant inclusivity, both a full jacket and people who want to be sleeve creative/control temperature. As well as preventing over-zealous judges from dinging an applicant who doesn't have a full jacket. Just an idea

Agree.
Maybe something like:

The lower sleeves/cuffs of the 'Jedha-style' jacket should be visible beneath the concho. The choice to wear the full Jedha-style jacket, or alternately, create a long-sleeve under garment with mock sleeves/cuffs in the correct style is at the costumer's discretion.
natblack (Natalie Black)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

option for the goggles (3d file for the frame):

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4122168?fbclid=IwAR3mOMimA9zmnscy6630u8OqfCffnIl2-2Areu-3tn8g2qMNU-cUULJvuOU
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry I disappeared for a few days. I think these are good solutions and I'll update the standard draft this afternoon. Smile
natblack (Natalie Black)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amelia wrote:
I'm so sorry I disappeared for a few days. I think these are good solutions and I'll update the standard draft this afternoon. Smile

Real world and real life FIRST. ALWAYS.
A galaxy far, far away... second. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say "no worries" and just having movement on this is a good thing. =)
fleurderys ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should add the belt to this... the holster/leg strap pokes out from under the concho.

From the existing Jyn standard, tweaked to the new format:

Belt
-Weathered black/brown leather.
-There are 4 rivets/snaps at left front and left back.
-Belt opens at left hip with overlapping leather for the closure.
-Belt has a fitted holster with leg strap at the right hip that closes with snaps.
-There are 3 stud/post portion of the snaps and a single cap/socket.
-The leg strap also has a keeper loop.
-The holster has a retention strap for the blaster.

It is a very, very accessory-heavy costume.
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Standard Name: Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Primary Detachment: Docking Bay 94
Submission Date: (Date standard is submitted to the LMO team
Existing Standard URL: Not Applicable

Front Image
URL: https://reportejedi.net/app/uploads/2016/08/Empire-6-JynErso.jpg

Back / Second View Image
URL:
Source:

Character Description
Jyn Erso was a human female soldier and former criminal who became a pivotal member of the Alliance to Restore the Republic when she led Rogue One in stealing the Death Star plans during the Battle of Scarif.

(Source: Wookieepedia - https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jyn_Erso)

Required Items

Concho

Required Details
- concho is made of coated cotton
- concho includes badge detail
--- There are rows of topstitching around the badge
- Concho Front
--- Concho has kimono-styled front, wrapping right over left with a hidden fastener on the left hip.
------ The crossed pieces have a wide lapel (word? unsure?) that has five rows of topstitching
--- All topstitching is in a thick, light orange/burnished yellow/gold thread.
--- Front concho length comes to mid-thigh.
--- There is a mock belt sewn onto the right poncho flap, sitting on the costumer's natural waist.
------ Width of mock belt is around 6cm and has 7 rows of topstitching. (OR waist detail with five rows of topstitching)
--- There thick trim on the right poncho flap, beginning beneath the hood and ending just above the mock topstitched belt.
--- Trim has 5 topstitching lines and is a similar width as the mock belt.
--- Concho has a rectangular pocket beginning just beneath the right shoulder, running parallel with the band.
------ Pocket is topstitched.
--- There is a smaller pocket on the left shoulder, containing a silver badge. (?) Smaller pocket is also topstitched.
--- Beneath the belt, front of poncho has two large decorative rectangles in same thread as topstitching.
--- Bottom center of concho front has the reverse side of two large snaps.
--- Perimeter of concho has 2 rows of topstitching above the belt, and one row of topstitching beneath the belt.
- Concho Collar
--- Concho has a mandarin collar with at least 5 rows of topstitching.
--- Collar closes with a pointed tab, left-over-right with a hidden closure.
- Concho Back
--- Concho back is a square, and when it hangs, has the appearance of a reverse U, with the middle hitting just below mid-thigh and the ends reaching just below the knee/mid-calf.
--- Concho back has two rows of topstitching down the middle and one outer row of topstitching.
--- Concho back is the same piece the sleeves.
--- There is no shoulder seam, but a single seam to create 3/4ths of a sleeve, with the armpit area open.
- Concho Hood
--- Concho has a 3 pieced hood, with a large center panel.
--- Hood is topstitched on the edges and seams
--- The hood tucks under the collar
--- The ends of the hood sit freely on the shoulders in a square shape

Optional Details
- Collar closes with (4) snaps.
- Inside of poncho sleeves has 8 rows of topstitching or more.
- greeblies on the left square end of the hood.

Additional Images

URL: https://i.imgur.com/6SEIgUr.jpg

URL: https://i.imgur.com/rK6D6ze.jpg

URL: https://i.imgur.com/pL7LEld.jpg

Gloves
Item Image URL: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2f/15/93/2f15938c12395e346c06568d9436b671.png

Required Details
- Brown finger-less gloves similar to the Black Diamond ‘Stone’ gloves, with the strap altered to remove the logo and replace the Velcro with a snap. Gloves have been weathered darker than the original tan.
- Straps should be roughly 1″ (2.5 cm) wide and be secured with snaps. Straps have the finger-side corner cut off.
- Both gloves have a circular detail added to the back of the hand. The left is stitching only. The right has the circle cut out and replaced by two differently toned half circles of darker leather.

Optional Details
- None

Additional Images:
URL: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCeRlcXXgAAQwHM.jpg

URL: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/rogueone-jyn-reflective-kybernecklage.jpg
Source: Rogue One behind the scenes image

URL: https://starwarsanon.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/jyn-erso-with-gun.jpg
Source: Rogue One promotional image

Goggles

Required Details
- Vintage Cebe 15 or similar.
- Goggles are white.
- Goggles have two silver snaps that are close together on the nose.
- Goggles have indents on either side that turn in, and two black plastic pieces on top.
- Goggle frames are weathered gray (it is silver on the Eadu toys) with scratching on the lenses.
- Lenses are dark, not clear and not amber.
- Goggles are attached by leather tabs with two lines of stitching on each tab, also weathered, and an elastic all around them, replacing the brand’s elastic.

Optional Details
- None

Additional Images

URL: https://66.media.tumblr.com/130528f3b2ee69cb64a9f93755be77e2/6ea27ef34f863050-2c/s500x750/4f42bbf3ffed2a87aad4585f1b54569d3a3dca1c.jpg

Cap
Item Image URL: https://66.media.tumblr.com/130528f3b2ee69cb64a9f93755be77e2/6ea27ef34f863050-2c/s500x750/4f42bbf3ffed2a87aad4585f1b54569d3a3dca1c.jpg

Required Details
- Cap is Cotton Drill or similar appearing fabric
- WWII German M43 Field Cap with Endor-like quilting at the top (rows of narrow parallel quilting)
- flashlight greeblie on the left side of the cap

Optional Details
- None

Additional Images

Boots
Item Image URL: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/43/10/0a/43100aaf5d306074d474130529894f0e.jpg

Required Details
- Plain dark brown combat boots with two matching leather flaps covering the laces. (Frye brand “Veronica Combat Boots” or similar.) Top flap is held closed with hidden fasteners. Bottom flap is cut out on the outside corners. Both flaps have top-stitching around the edges.
- Bottom flap of boot has screen-accurate buckle. The buckle’s bail (wire piece) is attached with a loop of leather sewn into the flap. The ‘box’ parts of the buckle are black and the ‘wire’ parts are silver.
- Boots may have discrete inner zipper.

Optional Details
- None

Additional Images
URL: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/63/d1/57/63d157b574222783d0d2ca62c8938d1b.png
Source: Rogue One behind the scenes

Bandolier & Bag

Required Details
- has a set of two clips (same as the ones used for the goggles) connected to a metal o ring at the center
- the tonfa hangs off a third near the bag
- Bandolier (approx 2-2.5 inch wide) starts on right shoulder and ends behind/near bag on left hip. Bandolier may be a continuous piece with a back strap, like a traditional bandolier, or have hidden connections at start and end points.
-The first piece of the bandolier holds (5) jacket grenades. It looks to be a shotgun shell holder.
-A 1-inch wide piece of cotton webbing connects the jacket grenades holster to the german dagger clip. This webbing also has an offshoot piece of webbing that holds Jyn's com link, and the webbing opens/closes with a snap.
-A longer piece of webbing, connected to another piece of webbing through some sort of slider clip.
-This third piece of webbing has the tonfa offshoot.
-All bandolier items are in the military green variety and are weathered to the same color.
-Exact lengths and measurements of webbing will depend on the wearer.
- communicator is held in a fabric loop that closes with a snap

Optional Details
- None

Breathing Mask
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- Similar model to ESB and TFA on the Falcon
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Additional Images

Pants
Item Image URL: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/63/d1/57/63d157b574222783d0d2ca62c8938d1b.png
Source: Rogue One behind the scenes

Required Details
- Pants are faded black (black, dark grey, or very dark blue accepted) cotton/denim with a wide high-waisted waistband with tab. Tab should line up with center front seam on the right leg. Pants have center front and back seams on each leg, in addition to the inseam and outer leg seam. Pants reach just to the tops of the boots.
- Just below the knee is a grey/white/cream horizontal strap in a casing made of the same fabric as the pants. The strap is only visible outside the casing on the outside of each leg and has a black military style slide buckle and two tan/gray printed, embroidered, or suede rectangles on the front edge of the casing.
- Below the strap and casing are at least 8 vertical pin-tucks on the outside front quarter of the leg that narrow at the ankle.
- No visible pockets allowed.

Optional Details
- None

Belt
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
-Weathered black/brown leather.
-There are 4 rivets/snaps at left front and left back.
-Belt opens at left hip with overlapping leather for the closure.
-Belt has a fitted holster with leg strap at the right hip that closes with snaps.
-There are 3 stud/post portion of the snaps and a single cap/socket.
-The leg strap also has a keeper loop.
-The holster has a retention strap for the blaster.

Optional Details
- None

Jacket Cuffs
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- The lower sleeves/cuffs of the 'Jedha-style' jacket should be visible beneath the concho.
--- The choice to wear the full Jedha-style jacket, or alternately, provide mock sleeves/cuffs in the correct style is at the costumer's discretion.

Optional Items

Blaster
Item Image URL: https://thefword.org.uk/content/uploads/2016/12/AN1-262929_R.jpg

Required Details:
- E11 (stormtrooper - for best accuracy, purchase secondhand from 501st approved TK)

Costume Resources
Reference Photo Gallery -
Jyn Erso Page –

fleurderys ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A note regarding the coloring of the cap - it is one color.

In the costume display photos, the ribbing appears cream-like. At least, to me it did. Maybe it's like the blue/black dress thing or deceitful lighting! Anyway, I proceeded under this assumption and it was something I had to change. The black series 7" toy - which are rarely accurate for details anyway - also has it as two different colors.
When I applied, my judge who'd seen the hat in person clarified the entire hat is one color.
It was something that I had to fix in order to get approved. Making the whole thing in one color is way easier anyway, haha.

Here is a photo of Jyn in Eadu that supports the hat (including ribbing) all one color:

Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hat in this image looks to be the same color as the concho. Is that the correct color (e.g. hat should match concho color)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: