Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=be855d3e414c28f92cfe8f62c430c11fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Planxty's generic jedi build & question thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Planxty ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject: Planxty's generic jedi build & question thread Reply with quote

OK! Finally getting going on costume #2, and this time I'm gonna be a Jedi!

Let's start this off with some questions I have as I puzzle through the initial design phase....

Boots! I have a pair in my closet that I think might work, but they are suede, is this ok or do they need to be normal leather? Also, they have a zipper on the inside of the leg, is that ok? If so, I'll dig them out and post a picture, but if not I'll just start looking for new ones.

Lightsaber! Are Ultra sabers approvable? I went through a phase a few years ago when I just kept buying 'em on impulse, lol.
jasnoksieznik (Michal)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you go totally off-canon, ultrasaber shall be fine. check other wip threads,someone got recently approved with one ultrasaber.
Stick to Jedi colours, do not take the black, red-glowing saber with spikes and claws... then it'll be okay.

Boots - check episode 2 screencaps from the arena - that's the best place to find proofs for canonical boots. The zippper shall not be visible.
Goshivan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boots should be fine. I have zippers on the inside as well. As long as they are not highly visible then they are acceptable. Lots of members on here have an Ultrasabers hilt. As long as you are not trying to do a face character you should be fine. Ultrasabers hilts are a little larger then what would be allowed for a face character i believe.

Member of KJO
Jedi Knight
Planxty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are pictures, just to check. Again, the zipper is on the inside of the leg Smile

I've also started an inner tunic with "stash" fabric, hope to have pictures soon-ish

Goshivan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would look for a costume judge to say yay or nay on those. I feel like there are to many buckles on those boots. The guidelines say buckles are ok but not when they draw away from the overall look. You may be fine though. Lets wait and see if anyone else chimes in.

Member of KJO
Jedi Knight
Planxty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, if anyone else has something to say, please chime in!

in other news I got started on an inner tunic, and have fabric for the outer tunic, tabard, and obi on the way

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Smile
I would suggest having the collar of the inner tunic standing up more and being closer to your neck than the outer tunic.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Planxty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tunic!

Planxty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost there on obi and tabards too! just might do some adjusting after I have my belt...speaking of, the belt I had made is in the mail and should be here soon

Planxty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, um, haven't been updating. I had a belt made, made an outer robe, and got something wearable in time for Costume Con...and then the con was cancelled after I was already in Montreal....but I still dressed up and got some pictures anyway

Very close! I still need a proper pouches (here, I just grabbed one from my ren faire bin) and food pellets
ionicdesign (Michael)
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent day for a Green Jedi, it is looking great, will be nice to see when it has the pouches and is all done.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 LCJ Takodana Base XO A. Legion Webmaster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: