Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a34b7d93d28ea8011b831fc6629d2724Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[new] - Zorii Bliss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject: [new] - Zorii Bliss Reply with quote

Standard Name: Zorii Bliss
Primary Detachment: Docking Bay 94
Submission Date: (Date standard is submitted to the LMO team
Existing Standard URL: Not Applicable

Front Image
URL:
Source:

Back / Second View Image
URL:
Source:

Character Description
Zorii Bliss was a human female scoundrel native to the frigid planet Kijmi. She was the leader of the Spice Runners of Kijmi. During the war between the First Order and the Resistance, Bliss was neutral and spent time in Kijmi's Thieves' Quarter. She shared a past connection with .
Poe Dameron.

(Source: Wookieepedia - https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Zorii_Bliss)

Required Items

Jumpsuit
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- Jumpsuit is plum or plum-purple
- There is a center seam running the entire length of the midline of the body
- There is a set of two convex seams on the torso on either side of the center seam. Each set of convex seams divides each half of the top front portion of the jumpsuit into thirds

Optional Details
- None

Gloves
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- Gloves are leather or a leather-appearing fabric
- Gloves are purple
- The tops of gloves are not visible/end under the gauntlets
- There is a V stitch detail starting just above the wrist on the thumb side, rising to a point below the knuckles and between the ring and middle fingers, and ending above the wrist on the pinky side.
- There is a straight line stitch detail running from the point of the V to the top of the glove

Optional Details
- None

Gauntlets
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- Gauntlets are gold colored with etched details
- Gauntlets start directly above the wrist joint and extend to approximately ⅔ up the length of the forearm

Optional Details
- None

Belts
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- One
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Boots
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- One
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Helmet
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- One
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Blasters
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- One
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Bracelets
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- One
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Collarbone Armor
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- One
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Costume Resources
Reference Photo Gallery -
Zorii Bliss Page –

Last edited by Amelia (Emily Haas) on Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! The draft has been moved over from the Google document. So that we don't have edits occurring in multiple places, edits for the Google document have been turned off.
fett-bobafett ()

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to the Rebel Legion and am not sure if this is the proper place or procedure for adding information to help with this costume, but here is some info I have found in my research:

Interview article found online in The Hollywood Reporter on 12/20/19: "How Michael Kaplan Costumed 700 Creatures in 'The Rise of Skywalker'"

"J.J. wanted Zorii to be this mysterious character, whose identity is concealed. But we did know she had a past with Oscar Isaac’s character, and we wanted to make it clear that she was an attractive woman. We didn’t want her to seem like some kind of robot. Although she’s wearing a helmet, there’s a femininity to it. She has a contour-fitting bodysuit, along with beautiful custom-made guns. All the metalwork matches her helmet."

"Rick Owens has been a close friend of mine since he started out in L.A. I love his work. There are certain overlaps in our sensibility. I even got Rick to send me a pair of boots for Zorii to wear in The Rise of Skywalker. We changed the color, but they were so right for her character that instead of making something new, I just asked Rick if we could have a pair."

(I am not sure how to attach the photo from the article of Zorii)

Photo included: Zorii (Keri Russell) in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
Jonathan Olley/Lucasfilm

Another article: 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' Costumes Pay Homage to Princess Leia and Han Solo

Fawnia Soo Hoo

December 20, 2019, 1:00 PM UTC

...Fittingly, the costumes designed by Michael Kaplan finish out not just the characters the director helped establish, but also celebrate the series' original icons...
Keri Russell said she loved her Zorii helmet so much that she didn't take it off for two days. What was the design process like in making her sleek costume? It's almost superhero-like. 

"J.J. wanted her to be totally concealed, but also he wanted it to be obvious that she wasn't a bot — that she was flesh and blood and had a relationship with Poe in the past. So he wanted that sensuality and sexuality. It's not like a Marvel suit that's like a vinyl second skin or something like that. It's more of a denim fabric that's just skintight, which is much more in the realm of "Star Wars." There's a roughness to the fabric and the suit. We didn't want it to be like a comic strip character from one of the other types of movies they're making now.

Also, I wanted the helmet to have a beauty and femininity to it. Even though you don't see her face, there is something lovely about it and the rose gold is something that I felt was we haven't used before in "Star Wars." All the metallic, the leather bits and her double gun holster are rose gold. J.J. loved that costume." --Michael Kaplan.

Also: Star Wars, The Rise of Skywalker Visual Dictionary, pp. 142-143, the pictures of the actress in the costume are dark and not a very good representation of the actual color of the bodysuit. In photos of the actress found online, the fabric color appears to be more of a dark red, burgundy color, rather than a purple color.
fleurderys ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is all great info! Found the article from The Hollywood Reporter. Very interesting: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-michael-kaplan-costumed-700-creatures-rise-skywalker-1264308

Here's the image (you can post images by using [*img]websiteaddressofphoto/actualphoto.jpg[*/img] (but without the *'s):

kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon has a cardboard cutout of this character with a lot of extra detail visible. Movie version, not from a toy or the game. There are additional V-seams on the gloves, for instance.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:08 am    Post subject: Boots Reply with quote

So, the boots are $1200. The closest color is Lead. Question. For approval, more accurate to have the correct boots or the exact color (they are close)? Im not painting $1200 boots! We bought two pair and are returning the black.
They look like this

TFA KYLO REN
ANH Trooper
First Order Trooper
ANH Vader
Imperial Officer
Solo A Star Wars Story Solo
jen0farc ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fringe judge weighing in, not that it's up to me, but without a standard yet in place, I would say the boot color and heel type and cuff are most important to convey Zorii's boot. So if it was between a super accurate toe shape but not the right color or texture vs a slightly less accurate toe but correct color and texture and heel type and cuff? I would go for the latter.

Also I would note re: the proposed standard language, the Vanity Fair ultra-colorized, super-stylized photographs are the only reference that depicts the suit as a plum. This is not uncommon in magazine photography to use extreme color filters. Every other reference (promo images, trading cards, toys, the actual film itself) shows the jumpsuit fabric is much more of a berry or wine color, more on the red side than purple.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Amazon cutout is the best color reference I've seen in the wild.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: