Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a8780bb876b5bbb0f7f70c39f1b5ec3fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Detachment: Rogue Detachment - Defectors/Disguises
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jabari ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedijoe89 wrote:
So recently I have seen the imperial jyns being approved for new detachment which is wonderful, I just have one thing to bring up, these would be considered dual approved costumes like the Jawa or Tusken Raider correct? If so, shouldn’t there be a CRL in place and in conjunction with the 501 costume? I’m just under the assumption that all approved costumes in RL are based of our CRLS, unless there’s something behind the scenes I haven’t heard yet.

Yes, we're working on the standards here, if you want to take a look/have some input: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=106216

As Leia said, the main differences between the 501st and the Rebel Legion version are going to be boots, gloves, and possibly helmet. Otherwise, we are trying to fix a few things, but keep the RL standards close enough to keep the rest of the costume usable for both groups. So, not *quite* dual legion, but very very close - just swap out boots and gloves (and add a helmet?)
wilson5710 (Anthony Wilson)
Amancane Base CO
Amancane Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be curious if Colonel Fel would fall into this Detachment. His flightsuit is accepted with and without Imperial Cogs on the shoulder.

Approved Costumes:
Generic Jedi - Rokowan Zabric, Jedi Knight
Jawa
Colonel Fel

Other Approved Costumes:
181st TIE Pilot, TIE Reserve, Imperial Bridge Crew, Jawa
FN-2187 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what I've read up to this point, I would assume that Finn and Rose disguised as FO Officers would not be acceptable here?
jen0farc ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. If the costume is not on the LMO's list, it is not in the detachment.
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, just now reading this *Sorry late to the party* but this is really good news. Its been needed for quite some time, and I know its not an easy thing to stand up a Det.

Good news, everyone!

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa

Commander, Deep South Mothership, Visitor Fleet.
aeden-luke ()
French Base CO
French Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the first one in Star Wars history :
Luke and Han Hero-Stormtrooper...? Why not ?
Thank you
DocAphraRey (Lindsay Bertrand)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: DOCTOR APHRA BELONGS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

OMG so this is amazing news and I am just now reading it. So I don't know how much yall know about Doctor Aphra but all throughout her run from 2015 to Dec 2019 she has had times where she helped our key Trio of Leia, Luke and Han. (Despite being the one to get them into trouble at times in the first place...)

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVE NOT READ UP TO ISSUE #40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leading up to the final issues of this run, her character development of being dark side prone leaning towards imperial support due tot self-preservation and self-interest, however her compass had been swinging further towards the lighter side of the moral spectrum. At the end of the Run, she flat out lured Darth Vader and trapped him in an Ancient Jedi Temple in order for the Rebelling to set up base on Hoth, she managed to keep him there for a while and throw off any leads as to what was happening. She did this to support her loved ones and finally chose a side that was not her own. The run ended along side the star wars comics at the start of Empire Strikes back. The new Run will begin April post ESB and to my knowledge lead into events setting up Return of the Jedi.

It is for these obvious reasons that I have been thinking about how Doctor Aphra could become a Dual membership costume in terms of starting out Imperial, playing both sides, then eventually crossing over and risking her life to protect the rebellion. This new Detachment would literally be the perfect place for her! I don't know what to do to go about making a formal petition for her but consider this as my proposition for how to proceed with this plan.
roncompt (Ronnie Compton)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Galen Erso will it be just his garb on his farm or will him in his Imperial Scientist uniform be approvable since he was a traitor even when working on the Death Star. I think I know the answer since the 501st has that one already but wanted to ask anyway.

On a related note. I can only find 1 screenshot of him on his farm and that one is from the knees up. I remember seeing a link to a site that has frame by frame pictures of the movies. If someone has that link can I get it?
A New Hopeful ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roncompt wrote:
On a related note. I can only find 1 screenshot of him on his farm and that one is from the knees up. I remember seeing a link to a site that has frame by frame pictures of the movies. If someone has that link can I get it?

Are you still looking for this?:

https://starwarsscreencaps.com/

Costumes:
Luke Skywalker
(Lars Homestead/Tatooine) | (Death Star Escape) | (X-Wing Pilot) | (Snowspeeder/X-Wing) | (Bespin Fatigues)
roncompt (Ronnie Compton)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ! Got plenty of time right now for research
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: