Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4a2fb592a280b32025fe5a6e4018f535Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Questions about allowed Colors for Generic Jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimroth ()
Ileenium Outpost CO
Ileenium Outpost CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Questions about allowed Colors for Generic Jedi Reply with quote

Hello, Knights!

I have some questions about the details allowed in the Generic Jedi Costume.below links are the color chart.

https://ibb.co/wLs0cJt
https://ibb.co/gZjg3YZ

1. Are all these colors considered earth tones?

2. Is it possible to make the cloak the mute purple on that chart?

3. Is it acceptable to put a different colored lining in the cloak?

4. Is it acceptable to wear a ribbon-like decoration on the cape or to embroider the patterns visible on that chart?

This standard is very important to me because I want to make clothes that can be registered in the RL, although there will be no problem if made arbitrarily.

Thank you in advance for your reply.
T'Rien (Jay Gurley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping for hopeful Costume Judge attention.

I am not one of the Judges, but my weigh-in based on looking through the roster last Fall and going through a few Jedi builds thus far:

1.) The colors used in the "Travel Dress" reference image look like they'd probably pass. Some folks get a little unsure when it comes to using black, but none of the other colors referenced are red, so you're technically covered under the Generic Jedi standards (no black+red). The rest of the colors are pretty natural, imho...but the patterns/designs might not fly. Your post seems to be pretty focused on the colors, though, so we won't go down that rabbit hole. Smile
2.) Purples have been a subject of discussion in our Temple and on a few posts in the KJO Facebook group recently...we've had some Jedi not approved with a vibrant purple and others elsewhere have in the exact same shade. Your best bet is to work directly with judges on that, most likely. The link for contacting a Costume Judge on the Generic Jedi standards page appears to be broken, unfortunately.
3.) Different inner linings will also likely be at a judge's discretion, BUT if you can provide precedence from official media (comics, movies, shows, etc.) then you might be able to get make a case!
4.) Section 2e of the Generic Jedi standards has a blurb for patterns on tabards, but there's not a matching one for cloaks. Exact wording: "Tabards may have borders and/or varying decorative symbols or other decorations (such as Aurebesh, etc.). The decorations/designs should not obviously be from an Earth-bound period or culture (Renaissance, Celtic, Asian, tribal, etc.)"

Picking this particular color scheme would make for a unique, autumnal Jedi. Hopefully, you get some answers from someone with a little more clout soon!
Grimwalker (Derrick Billings)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the color map for Jedi from the standards page. Saber Guild has a page of tones that they'll accept for Jedi, however they won't allow a Jedi in black. (It's for contrast in the context of choreography.)
jasnoksieznik (Michal)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colors I've seen so far were more mustard-ish orange than what you propose.

Regarding patterns - OT should be uniform in color, as well as IT. Tabards may have a pattern.
From what I tried using this guide: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82924, there is no serious chance of getting a viable pattern on the IT, as Anna would have it - its just too little that is visible.

The patterns you chose may be considered too connected to Earth. The "cuff pattern" on the right could work e.g. on tabards, though.

I have no knowledge on Expanded Universe, but from the movies, I recall this being "fancy": https://i0.wp.com/caps.pictures/200/2-starwars2/full/starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-3842.jpg?strip=all
Grimwalker (Derrick Billings)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jocasta Nu is the holotype for the Jedi Librarian requirements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: