Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=949c745f7bc9cca59e1b62e659ee8294Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Commander Rose Tico

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> RL GSC Standards Development -> RL GSC New Standard Proposals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsianInSpace (Madeline Anderson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject: Commander Rose Tico Reply with quote

Here is my write up for Rose's TROS costume. My reference folder has some early images that I could probably trim. If anyone has any new images I would love to be able to add more!

References: https://imgur.com/a/827rvGP

Anyone submitting with make-up to make their eyes look “Asian” or doing yellowface will not be approved.

Hair:
-Hair color is black.
-Pulled back into 2 low buns
-No bangs

Shirt:
-Off white shirt made of cotton like material
-Mandarin style collar, worn open with no visible closures
-Front and back yoke that comes down to the middle of the sleeve openings, top stitched vertical lines space roughly 2in apart (top stitching optional?)
-Front half placket with no visible closures which ends just below the front pockets
-Henley style neck opening, no visible closures
-2 front chest pockets with flaps, placed right against the seam of the front yoke
-Sleeves cuffed to mid forearm
-3 tool pockets with tools on the right sleeve, closed on the bottom
-Patch on the left sleeve, 3x3 grid of rectangles, row 1: white, red, red, row 2: white, white, blue, row 3: symbol, symbol, white.
Tucked into pants at the waist

Pants:
-Light brown cotton like material
-Tucked into boots
-Pants should have a high waist with wide belt loops, 3 total: two in the front which are also the tops on the pockets, one on the back center, each is 3-4in wide
-Side pockets as shown
-Front fly
-Rounded rectangular knee pads in matching fabric, top of the right knee pad ends at roughly the bottom of the holster, there should be a few inches between the bottom of the knee pad and the top of the boot.
-Seams on the back of the knees (optional?)
-Riding pants seam on the seat of the pants (optional?)

Belts:
-One leather like belt worn through belt loops of pants, roughly 2in wide, dark brown
-Buckle for waist belt has a circle in the middle with three dots in a triangular formation, silver in color, closure made with the buckle or concealed under it
-Gun belt with holster worn at an angle around hips, holster is worn on the right hip, belt has wide rectangular portion where the holster is attached, the main part of the belt is roughly 2in wide, dark brown, velcro closure in the back center
-Holster matches the style of other resistance holsters seen on screen, thigh strap
-Belts are held together with a loop of matching leather with a snap on the left hip

Gloves:
-Leather gloves with cuffs, stitch details as seen on screen, dark brown

Shoes:
-Brown leather like mid calf boots
-There is a strap made of matching leather around the top of the boots.

Jewelry:
-Crescent medallion worn around the neck on a dark brown leather like cord

Optional:
-Glie-44 Blaster
-Modified DH-17 blaster with sling
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for getting this started! So happy to have you working on this, I know you've looked at this costume a lot!

We'll need to pull and insert the picture links for each relevant section, and we'll want to make sure format and wording for similar/shared costume pieces is consistent across standards.

The current draft for Connix is at this link, would you be willing to peek at the format used there and insert the pictures for this one? My floof injured himself so I need to take him to the vet today, but I can circle back and help later this next week.

Edit: Helps if I add the mentioned link. /facepalm

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=102942
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
AsianInSpace (Madeline Anderson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding this in a new reply just to keep track of changes.
I took the sections about the pants from the Connix standard. I have a couple questions though. I had said cotton vs twill in my first draft because the costume display had said cotton. Which material should I list? I also wouldn't say the knee patches are padded, on the display I think they just looked like fabric patches, pretty flat. Also since Roses shirt is tucked in I thought the side pockets and belt loops would probably need to be required, possible the front fly too but I did leave that under optional.

I took the boot description as well, though I would lean towards just saying brown instead of black or brown.

I adjusted some other sections too to add things that look like they should fall under optional.

I will work on inserting the pictures later today.

References: https://imgur.com/a/827rvGP

Anyone submitting with make-up to make their eyes look “Asian” or doing yellowface will not be approved.

Hair:
-Hair color is black.
-Pulled back into 2 low buns

Shirt:
-Off white shirt made of cotton like material
-Mandarin style collar, worn open with no visible closures
-Front and back yoke that comes down to the middle of the sleeve openings, -Front half placket with no visible closures which ends just below the front pockets
-2 front chest pockets with flaps, placed right against the seam of the front yoke
-Sleeves cuffed to mid forearm
-3 tool pockets with tools on the right sleeve, closed on the bottom
-Patch on the left sleeve, 3x3 grid of rectangles, row 1: white, red, red, row 2: white, white, blue, row 3: symbol, symbol, white.
-Tucked into pants at the waist
Optional
-Top stitched vertical lines space roughly 2in apart on the front and back yoke

Pants:
-Tobacco to mid brown color of a bottom-weight twill (cotton) or similar fabric
-Pants worn tucked into the boots
-Pants should have a high waist with wide belt loops, 3 total: two in the front which are also the tops on the pockets, one on the back center, each is 3-4in wide
-Side pockets as shown
-Pants have a padded patch of the same fabric over each knee
Optional
-Seams on the back of the knees
-Riding pants seam on the seat of the pants
-Front fly

Belts:
-One leather like belt worn through belt loops of pants, roughly 2in wide, dark brown
-Buckle for waist belt has a circle in the middle with three dots in a triangular formation, silver in color, closure made with the buckle or concealed under it
-Gun belt with holster worn at an angle around hips, holster is worn on the right hip, belt has wide rectangular portion where the holster is attached, the main part of the belt is roughly 2in wide, dark brown, velcro closure in the back center
-Holster matches the style of other resistance holsters seen on screen, thigh strap
Optional
-Belts are held together with a loop of matching leather with a snap on the left hip

Gloves:
-Leather gloves with cuffs, stitch details as seen on screen, dark brown

Shoes:
-Calf high brown boot, leather like material
- Flat sole
Optional
-There is a strap made of matching leather like material around the top of the boots.

Jewelry:
-Crescent medallion worn around the neck on a dark brown leather like cord

Optional:
-Glie-44 Blaster
-Modified DH-17 blaster with sling

Last edited by AsianInSpace (Madeline Anderson) on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AsianInSpace wrote:
Adding this in a new reply just to keep track of changes.
I took the sections about the pants from the Connix standard. I have a couple questions though. I had said cotton vs twill in my first draft because the costume display had said cotton. Which material should I list? I also wouldn't say the knee patches are padded, on the display I think they just looked like fabric patches, pretty flat. Also since Roses shirt is tucked in I thought the side pockets and belt loops would probably need to be required, possible the front fly too but I did leave that under optional.

I took the boot description as well, though I would lean towards just saying brown instead of black or brown.

I adjusted some other sections too to add things that look like they should fall under optional.

I will work on inserting the pictures later today.

So sorry! I've been playing catch up from the holidays! I have set aside tomorrow morning to look more carefully at what you've got. Smile To quickly answer a couple of things you asked- twill is a weave and cotton a fiber so it could be both. We'll always want to say "or similar" to give people a bit of flexibility- especially because fabrics available vary widely depending on where in the world you live. Brown for sure on the boots. I'll make sure to peek at the knee refs again tomorrow morning when I'm going through things. Thanks so much for all your work with this!
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> RL GSC Standards Development -> RL GSC New Standard Proposals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: