Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d6624a3910fa694627fb111b23fc7a77Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeekForFun ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Anakin Skywalker ROTS Reply with quote

Here is my current plan for a ROTS Anakin. Please let me know if the items I have listed here are not approvable, and any recommendations for where to get what I'm missing.

Inner/Outer Tunic/ Cloth Tabards/ Pleather Tabards/ Pants JintaStudio on Etsy

Leather Glove: LikeLinda on Etsy

Belt with pouch: Magmelcreations on Etsy

Lightsaber: MR 2005 Anakin

NEED TO FIND STILL:

Jedi Food Capsules

Covertec clip

Grapple Pouch

Double Snap Breather Pouch

Prequels Jedi Robe
The_Auto_Tech (Cody Templeton)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Linda's glove is beautiful work, the buckles aren't accurate. The food capsules you can get on Amazon. The Covertec clip I'd get from The Custom Saber Shop. The belt boxes you'll either need to find Museum Replicas ones or have Robert Howton make a a set for you as I don't know anyone else who makes them accurately. That belt looks alright, but if you can get Robert Howton to make you a belt it's beautiful work. The colors of the soft parts in the link you posted are a bit too light and should be darkened, and if possible I would strongly encourage real leather tabards. You still need boots as well, with JDOS being the best option.
The_Auto_Tech (Cody Templeton)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the robe I'm waiting to see if someone from the Anakin Skywalker costume group on Facebook can make one for me as most of the others I've seen have been the wrong material or not the correct size.
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this belt and I'm quite happy with it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Prop-Anakin-Jedi-Belt/174108741081?hash=item2889b08dd9:g:Za4AAOSwridaCMtp

he also makes the glove.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Prop-Anakin-Glove-ROTS-Cow-Hide-w-buckles/133204058001?hash=item1f03949f91:g:qV8AAOSwPWRZXkkt

and the leather pouch.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Prop-Anakin-Leather-Pouch/174065912371?_trkparms=aid%3D555018
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although they ended up taking care of it I can't say my experience with Custom Props is as good. I have their lambskin glove, and although accurate, it's not sewn or stitched very well. Also, the armbands were not sewn into the proper position either and I had to fix it. They ended up refunding my money for the glove, but it took a bit to get it back.
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that. I can see how that would be a frustrating experience for you. I guess the silver lining is, they tried to make things right in the end, even going so far as to refund your money. (a lot of vendors don't stand behind their products, and/or, they don't understand 'customer service'). it's good to hear that they stand behind their products.

I've ordered three times and I had a good experience every time. (anakin belt, obi-wan belt, and 'custom-made' anakin shin spats, made to my measurements). I was pleased with the quality and I would order from them again.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems they can be hit or miss. Some people like you have excellent luck, and some people don't. I think they generally do make good projects, sometimes something slips through the cracks. They did at least refund me so I don't have I'll will towards them, but just wanted to mention a possible issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: