About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b4179385bff6614562754c13272711b8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

SFX 2007 August 24-26
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltcmdrtom@aol.com (Tom Kuntz)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primrodo wrote:

With the number we do have coming out it will be a blast, and I am sorry you feel there are no plans being made. JediXXL pointed out last page that teh group shots happen at the same time usually so when the times for the 501st photo are given we can plan to have them at the same time, just after or just before.

Confused Why does it have to be the same time? Why can we gather differently from the 501st at a different time?

You'll get a larger group shot if you don't plan it at the same time.

MANY are dual membership RL/501st. 6 From Rochester alone. If forced to choose, well since 501st is getting me in for free then 501st it'll be. I'm fairly sure the others feel the same.

Or how about a compromise lets say an hour before the 501st one so we have time to change for the shoot and or change back for the 501st photo for those of us who will need to? wink2
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltcmdrtom@aol.com wrote:
Or how about a compromise lets say an hour before the 501st one so we have time to change for the shoot and or change back for the 501st photo for those of us who will need to? wink2

I doubt 1 hour is enough... getting the pictures taken probably takes that long... wink2 ... and getting in to 501st gear generally takes a bit of time (some more then others)... Personally I'd think after the 501st is best... or WAY before...

It'd be best to plan it on the Friday (not take it on the friday)... This way we all get the schedule in our hands... it can be planned more clearly and get the most people out as possible... The Time and Place can be posted for everyone to come and see at the 501st Table (since the RL does not have a table)...
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not been to a con yet where RL & 501st pictures take place at the same time. Usually the groups work together to make sure they are on different days to accomodate costume changes needed for those with dual memberships. To my knowledge, the 501st photo is Saturday evening around 5:30pm-ish.

Nicky "Doc_Bev" Blum
The Rebel Legion: Echo Base
501st Legion: Legion Events Coordinator
RAID - Fire Team Echo & KJO - Blumfruit Temple
Veton-Ni ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about time, BUT I'd REALLY like to do photos on Saturday as that is the only day I could get off work to come.
I don't get to many cons so I am really looking forward to meeting some of you! I just wish I had know we were needing someone to organize things, I guess I just assumed from the first post that it was being done already. BUT keep me in mind for next year!

Veton-Ni
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best times I'm seeing on Saturday to have a RL photo (at least on my schedule) are:

3:15pm-ish
That would be right after the David Prowse/Jake Lloyd talk which is from 2pm-3pm. Then dual members would have to make a quick change to make it in time for the 501st photo.

or
11am-ish
We'd need to get the photo finished before 11:45am so that anyone working/participating in the SW Kid's Hour at 12pm can still get to that on time.

Nicky "Doc_Bev" Blum
The Rebel Legion: Echo Base
501st Legion: Legion Events Coordinator
RAID - Fire Team Echo & KJO - Blumfruit Temple
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've not been to a con yet where RL & 501st pictures take place at the same time.

"Clearly you've never been to Singapore" ...or Ohio. wink2

Primrodo wrote:
There has been no one stepping up to arrange these things either, and the only point in contact so far has been Krash.

Yeah, I'm good like that. Cool

Seriously, we're in your neighborhood Justin...whatever makes life less complicated for your guys is fine with us.

Quote:
Personally I'd think after the 501st is best...

That might work. Since 501st has a dressing room closer to the con...all you guys who want to be in the 501st pic can pull a "Clark Kent" and get changed into RL gear and meet us there. Hopefully, we can have everyone lined up and then just fill in the remaining people from the 501st/RL change over. Should help us be able to accomodate everyone's desire to be in both pics. :idea:

"Of course that's just my opinion...I could be wrong"

Quote:
The Time and Place can be posted for everyone to come and see at the 501st Table (since the RL does not have a table)...

That's a great idea, the Ohio contingent is scheduled to arrive sometime Friday (we're staying at InterContinental) so if anyone wants to meetup Friday night...look us up at the front desk. Otherwise, we'll check in at the 501st table.

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry guys, we'll get a group shot in somehow. They usually just fall together when everyone is around.

At least I know we'll have one of the roving band of X-wing pilots. wink2

If you're wearing white plastic at SFX, I have a dart with your name on it!

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Veton-Ni ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great event!!!!!

I was awsome meeting everyone finaly. There was just so much to do, I wish I could have spent more time in Jedi garb, but my other stuff was fun too.

How did the Lightsaber workshop go Justin?

Veton-Ni
Koda Vonnor (BillCostigan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got any pix?

Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, here are a few pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11447615@N06/sets/72157601706321745/

It was good to see some old and new faces. Kim and I had a nice weekend and we might just have to put the Toronto show on the yearly schedule Very Happy
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veton-Ni wrote:
How did the Lightsaber workshop go Justin?

I realize I am not Justin... but... Wow... what a HUGE lineup! I'm not sure there would have been enough space in the room!! Sadly, because of the area, sound did not travel well... but it still was quite the success I'd say!...

I'll admit... I was not expecting much from the weekend... for what ever reason I'd been quite down lately... but it was SO much better then I expected... I have a one thing I missed that I would have LOVED to be a part of... The Rebel Photo... I dressed as Han Solo for Friday and Sunday... but Armour all Saturday... once in Armour, you really don't want to get out, then back in again... nothing worse then getting back into cold wet tights and smelly plastic!
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all that made it out to the event! It was just great! I am glad those that came out had a blast and I hope you will want to come next year!

My picture link is here: http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/Primrodo/SFX%202007/

enjoy!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone from Canadian Base who made us Ohio RLers feel welcome!

I really wanted to meet Justin (good times), and thanks to Randy "avalanche" for trading me one of the Canadian Base patches for one of my OG challenge coins.

Danel Logan (boy had a "rough" time Sunday morning Laughing ) and Temuera Morrison were fun as always, but Jake Lloyd was the one that surprised me most. I met him at C3 (I was there when he nearly got trampled by a mob of "fans" in the C3 Lounge and they had to pull him out of there (Beatles-style)...what an introduction. Rolling Eyes So it didn't surprise me when rumors got around that he'd become a bit "nervous" us...only the kid was nice and friendly to us (we stopped by twice for autographs and pictures) just like he was at C3. Good for him!

Trisha Helfer ("Six" from BSG)... Shocked marry me! :idea:

grey_starr wrote:
I have a one thing I missed that I would have LOVED to be a part of... The Rebel Photo...

While I missed the "official" Rebel group photo, there were several moments during the convention where there was alot-O-Orange in the room!

Gil - Welcome to the 501st! wink2

Krash (aka: the orange that made it into the 501st group picture :twisted: )

...I was directing traffic away, so I was being helpful; even if I told one guest that this is what us Rebel Scum call "Rebel Alliance Bowling Night" Cool

Should have all the rest of our group's pictures posted soon...there's ALOT of them!

Editor:

Last edited by Krash () on Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great event! Thanks to everyone who made the trip out from Ohio and out further!
Nice seeing Kim, Kieron, Krash, Jay, Spooner and Emily again!

Everyone from Canada, it's always a pleasure! I'll troop with you guys anytime!

Caption for this picture:

"I got them all together, can I borrow a thermal detonator from someone?"

Waiting for the upload, but more pictures are coming...

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia

Last edited by JediXXL (Gil Guemes) on Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:28 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing ROTFL!!!!

Editor:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: